OCBC Bank and OCBC Al-Amin Bank offer the Bonus on Bonus Campaign on Fixed Deposit (FD)/Fixed Deposit-i (FD-i) accounts. Read through the details of the promotion and make the most of it.
OCBC Fixed Deposit Promotion
Place a deposit amount of RM10,000 or more to earn a promotional interest rate of up to 4.20% p.a. The promotional rates are applicable only when you choose a deposit tenure of 12 months.
Promotion Start & End Date
The promotion commenced on 1 April 2018 and ends on 30 June 2018.
FD Promotion Terms & Conditions
- The deposit will be automatically renewed upon maturity. The FD board rates will be applicable upon renewal and not the promotional rates.
- The bank reserves the right to alter the minimum deposit amount.
- If you make a premature withdrawal before 1 January 2019 and
- Before the completion of the first 3 months, then no interest is paid.
- After completing the first 3 months, you will receive 50% of the promotional rate for each completed month.
- If you make a premature withdrawal after 1 January 2019, interest will not be paid regardless of the number of months completed.
- Interest will be paid only on maturity of the deposit tenure.
- The deposit must be made in fresh funds only.
Q. What is the prevailing FD board rate applicable on FD?
A. The prevailing FD board rate is 3.25% p.a. as updated on 11 April 2018 by the bank.
Q. Is there a maximum deposit amount specified for the promotion?
A. Yes. The maximum deposit amount specified by the promotion is RM10 million.
Q. Does Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia (PIDM) cover the FD?
A. Yes. PIDM insures the money you have deposited in your OCBC Fixed Deposit Account.
Q. Can I approach any OCBC branch to open the FD Account?
A. Yes. You can visit any OCBC Bank branch to open an FD Account except the Xpress branch.
Q. How do I get access to the interest earned on my FD Account?
A. The monthly interest earned over an FD will be credited to your CASA, which has been linked to