OCBC Bank and OCBC Al-Amin Bank have come up with the campaigns including FD products, such as Mi Fixed Deposit (FD)/Mi Fixed Deposit-i (FD-i) and Fixed Deposit (FD)/Fixed Deposit-i (FD-i) accounts. Read through the details of the promotions and make the most of it.
OCBC Fixed Deposit Promotion
Place a deposit amount of RM10,000 or more in a Mi FD or Mi FD-i Account to earn a promotional interest rate of up to 4.15% p.a. The promotional rates are applicable only when you choose a deposit tenure of 12 months. You can deposit a sum of up to RM10 million to get the promotional benefits.
|Participating Products||Minimum Deposit Amount||Deposit Tenure||Promotional Rate|
|Mi Fixed Deposit and Mi Fixed Deposit-i||RM10,000||12 months||4.15% p.a.|
Get a promotional rate of 4.15% p.a. when you deposit a minimum sum of RM10,000 for a tenure of 12 months. You can place a maximum of RM10 million in the deposit account. The participating products are Fixed Deposit (FD) and Fixed Deposit-i (FD-i) Accounts. The interest/profit will be paid on maturity.
|Participating Products||Minimum Deposit Amount||Tenure||Promotional Rate||Maximum Deposit Amount|
|Fixed Deposit/Fixed Deposit-i||RM10,000||12 months||4.15% p.a.||RM10 million|
Open an FD/FD-i account with the bank and deposit a minimum of RM1,000 for 2 months. You can get a promotional rate of 3.98% p.a. on the deposit amount. Remember to make the deposit in fresh funds only to enjoy the campaign benefits. This Chinese New Year Eve campaign is valid for one day only.
The table below provides a summary of the promotion:
|Participating Products||Minimum Deposit Amount||Tenure||Promotional Rate|
|Fixed Deposit and Fixed Deposit-i||RM1,000||2 Months||3.98% p.a.|
OCBC Fixed Deposit Promotion Start & End Date
The promotion is on-going and is valid from 1 January 2019 until 19 February 2019.
The promotion is valid from 1 January 2019 until 19 February 2019.
The campaign is valid only on 4 February 2019.
Terms & Conditions
- The deposit will be automatically renewed upon maturity.
- The FD board rates will be applicable upon renewal and not the promotional rates.
- If you make a premature withdrawal, the interest/profit will not be paid regardless of the number of months completed.
- The promotional interest/profit will be paid upon maturity.
- The deposit must be made in fresh funds only.
- The FD/FD-i is subject to auto-renewal upon maturity.
- The promotional rates are not applicable upon auto-renewal and prevailing board rates will be applied.
- The bank reserves the right to revise the terms and conditions of the promotion, such as the minimum deposit amount and the currency.
- If you make a premature withdrawal, you will not receive any interest/profit. This is applicable irrespective of the number of completed months at the time of withdrawal.
- The deposit must be made in fresh funds.
- The interest/profit will be paid upon maturity only.
- Individuals from any country where OCBC doesn’t have any presence or doesn’t engage/offer in or any kind of banking services cannot enjoy this promotional offer.
- Upon maturity, the FD/FD-i account will be automatically renewed and prevailing FD board rates will be applicable.
- The bank reserves the right to revise the minimum deposit amount at any time.
- Premature withdrawal will not receive any interest/profit.
- The interest/profit will be paid upon maturity.
Q. What is the prevailing board rates applicable to the participating FD products?
A. The prevailing board rates for the participating products are:
- Mi FD/Mi FD-i—3.25% p.a. for a 12-month tenure as updated on 28 December 2019.
- FD/FD-i—3.25% p.a. for a 12-month tenure as updated on 28 December 2018.
Q. Is there a maximum deposit amount specified for the promotion 1?
A. Yes. The maximum deposit amount specified by the promotion 1 is RM10 million.
Q. Does Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia (PIDM) cover the Mi FD/-i?
A. Yes. PIDM insures the money you have deposited in your OCBC Mi FD/-i Account and FD/FD-i Account.
Q. Can I approach any OCBC branch to open a Mi FD/-i Account and FD/-i Account?
A. Yes. You can visit any OCBC Bank branch to open a Mi FD/-i Account and FD/-i Account except the Xpress branch.
Q. What do fresh funds mean?
A. Fresh funds are the funds transferred from a bank/financial institution other than OCBC/OCBC Al-Amin Bank. Such funds must be deposited into an account maintained with OCBC/OCBC Al-Amin Bank not earlier than 7 days from the date of deposit placement.
Q. What is the FD board rate applicable to a 2-month tenure?
A. An FD board rate of 2.90% p.a. is applicable to a 2-month tenure FD account.