The PB Golden 50 PLUS Fixed Deposit Account is a high-yield investment option that’s specifically meant for senior citizens.
For those who are in the golden age, this low-risk investment is designed to provide maximum returns at attractive interest rates along with a multitude of other exciting offers and benefits.
PB Golden 50 PLUS Fixed Deposit Account Interest Rates
|1 month||3.30% p.a.|
|2 months||3.30% p.a.|
|3 months||3.35% p.a.|
|4 months||3.35% p.a.|
|5 months||3.35% p.a.|
|6 months||3.40% p.a.|
|7 months||3.40% p.a.|
|8 months||3.40% p.a.|
|9 months||3.40% p.a.|
|10 months||3.40% p.a.|
|11 months||3.40% p.a.|
|12 months||3.45% p.a.|
|15 months||3.45% p.a.|
|18 months||3.45% p.a.|
|21 months||3.45% p.a.|
|24 months||3.45% p.a.|
|36 months||3.45% p.a.|
|48 months||3.45% p.a.|
|60 months||3.45% p.a.|
Benefits of PB Golden 50 PLUS Fixed Deposit Account
- A relatively simple account opening process for all resident and non-resident people who have a minimum age of 50 years.
- To open a joint account, either of the eligible individuals must be 50 years old or more.
- An optional overdraft facility is available up to a margin of 100%.
- Account holders meeting the age criteria get 50% off safe deposit rental and renewal charges for two years.
- An account holder that makes a will or creates a trust with PB Trustee Services Berhad gets a 50% discount.
- Account holders buying foreign currency notes get 1/8% discount on the prevailing selling rate of the bank.
- Account holders get 15% off Householder’s Insurance, 25% off Travel Personal Accident Insurance, and 25% off Golfers’ Insurance with Lonpac Insurance Berhad.
- If you’re looking to open a current account, an introducer isn’t necessary.
- Service charges for the current account can be waived.
- Funds in this FD account will be protected by PIDM.
- All resident and non-resident Malaysians who are aged 50 years or more can apply for this fixed deposit account.
- If you wish to open a joint account, either one of the depositors should have a minimum age of 50 years or more.
Fees and Charges
|Type of Charge or Fee||Amount|
|Lost/misplaced fixed deposit receipt||Service charge of RM5 plus a stamp duty of RM10. This amount isn’t subject to GST.|
|Statement request||RM2.12 per page|
How to Open a PB Golden 50 PLUS Fixed Deposit Account
- Visit the nearest Public Bank branch around you.
- Request to apply for a PB Golden 50 PLUS Fixed Deposit Account.
- Customer Services Department: 1-800-22-5555
- Deposits/Investments: 1-800-22-9999