Public Bank has come up with a campaign to promote PB PLUS Fixed Deposit (FD) and PIB Term Deposit-i. You can get the benefits of the promotion at any branch of Public Bank or Public Islamic Bank. The promotion is offered for two deposit tenures—6 months and 12 months.
PB Fixed Deposit Promotion Mechanics
If you place a minimum sum of RM10,000 per receipt under PLUS FD or Term Deposit-i during the promotion period, you can earn a promotional interest rate as given in the table below:
|Deposit Tenure||Promotional Rate (% p.a.)|
Note: The promotional rates are valid between 2 March 2018 and 30 April 2018.
The bank requires you to place the deposit in fresh funds.
FD Promotion Start & End Date
The promotional period began on 1 February 2018 and ends on 30 April 2018.
The first phase of the promotion began on 1 February 2018 and ended on 1 March 2018. The second phase of the promotion began on 2 March 2018 and is on-going.
Terms & Conditions
Some of the terms and conditions specified by the bank are listed below:
- You must be above 18 years of age.
- You can be a resident or non-resident of Malaysia.
- The promotional interest rates are applicable until the end of the current tenure. Upon renewal, the prevailing FD Board rates are applicable.
- If you withdraw the deposit before maturity, you will not receive the promotional interest rates.
- The bank does not allow partial withdrawal.
- Promotional rates may get revised if there is a change in the overnight policy rate.
- You cannot use the fixed deposit placed during a promotional period as a collateral for a loan or for an overdraft facility.
Q. What is the maximum amount I can place in an FD account?
A. The bank specifies that RM3 million is the maximum amount a customer can place per product.
Q. Can a Public Bank employee get the benefits of the campaign?
A. Yes. An employee of Public Bank Berhad, Public Islamic Bank Berhad or Public Investment Bank Berhad is eligible to get the benefits of the promotion.
Q. Can I place the deposit via a local cheque?
A. Yes. You can present a local cheque to place the fixed deposit. In addition, you can also consider:
- Payment in cash
- Payment made through telegraphic transfer, interbank GIRO, RENTAS from another bank
- Payment by debiting from an account
Once you transfer the funds to your Public Bank account, you have to visit the bank within seven days for the FD to take effect.
Q. I am not an existing customer of Public Bank. Can I get the benefits of the campaign?
A. Yes. The campaign is open to both new and existing customers.
Q. Is the promotion available for non-individual applicants?
A. Yes. The promotion is available for non-individual applicants as well. However, the minimum placement amount is RM50,000 per receipt.