Public Bank has come up with a campaign to promote PB PLUS Fixed Deposit (FD) and PIB Term Deposit-i. Also, the bank offers high-interest rates on PB eFixed Deposit accounts. You can get the benefits of the first promotion at any branch of Public Bank or Public Islamic Bank. These promotions offer you the freedom to choose the deposit tenure from the available options.
Public Bank FD Promotion Mechanics
On the placement of a minimum of RM10,000 in PLUS FD account or Time Deposit-i account for 6 months or 12 months, you can earn high interest/profit rates. The details of the promotion are available in the table given below:
- Placement done between 1 February 2018 and 1 March 2018:
|Tenure||Interest/Profit Rate (% p.a.)|
- Placement done between 2 March 2018 and 31 August 2018:
|Tenure||Interest/Profit Rate (% p.a.)|
When you open a PB eFixed Deposit account via PBe Online Banking channel, you can earn an interest rate of up to 3.65% p.a. The bank specifies that the minimum deposit amount must be RM5,000. The interest will be credited to your CASA on a monthly basis. The details regarding the promotional rates are given in the table below:
|Deposit Tenure (months)||Promotional Rates (% p.a.)|
FD Promotion Start & End Date
The promotion is available from 1 February 2018 to 31 August 2018.
The promotion began on 19 March 2018 and ends on 31 August 2018.
Promotion Terms & Conditions
- You can get the benefits of the promotion only if your age is above 18 years.
- The amount placed in PLUS FD/TD-i accounts must be in fresh funds.
- You cannot combine the promotion with any other concurrent promotions.
- The interest/profit is calculated based on the number of days the amount was placed in an PLUS FD/TD-i account.
- Partial or complete withdrawal of the PLUS FD/TD-i amount before maturity will not fetch you any interest/profit.
- You must have a CASA with the bank and must be registered for PBe.
- You can withdraw the deposit amount only via PBe platform.
- When you withdraw the deposit, you can access the principal amount along with the interest through your CASA.
- The promotional rates may vary if there is a change in the Overnight Policy Rate (OPR).
- This promotion cannot be combined with any other promotions or benefits.
- Partial withdrawal is not allowed.
- On maturity, the FD will be automatically renewed, but under the normal board rates.
Q. What is the maximum amount I can place in an FD account under Promotion 1?
A. The bank specifies that RM3 million is the maximum amount a customer can place per product under Promotion 1.
Q. Can a Public Bank employee get the benefits of these promotions?
A. Yes. An employee of Public Bank Berhad, Public Islamic Bank Berhad or Public Investment Bank Berhad is eligible to get the benefits of these promotions.
Q. Can I place the deposit via a local cheque in case of Promotion 1?
A. Yes. You can present a local cheque to place the fixed deposit under Promotion 1. In addition, you can also consider:
- Payment in cash
- Payment made through telegraphic transfer, interbank GIRO, RENTAS from another bank
- Payment by debiting from an account
Once you transfer the funds to your Public Bank account, you have to visit the bank within seven days for the FD to take effect.
Q. I am not an existing customer of Public Bank. Can I get the benefits of the campaigns?
A. Yes. Both the campaigns are open to new and existing customers of Public Bank.
Q. Are these promotions available for non-individual applicants?
A. Yes. The promotion is available for non-individual applicants in case of Promotion 1. The minimum placement amount is RM50,000 per receipt.
On the other hand, non-individual applicants are not eligible to get the benefits of Promotion 2.
Q. Can I use the FD certificate as a collateral for credit purposes?
A. No. You cannot use the FD certificate as a collateral for credit purposes.
Earn an interest rate of up to 4.28% p.a. when you choose a deposit tenure of 6 months or 12 months.
With a Minimum eFixed Deposit of RM5,000 You Can Earn An Interest Of Up To 3.65% p.a.