Public Bank offers fixed deposit (FD) account campaigns from time-to-time. These campaigns include high-interest rates on various FD accounts with a limited promotion period. Currently, the PB FCY FD, Term Deposit-i and PLUS Fixed Deposit account are the products that are eligible for the promotion. You can get the benefits of the first promotion at any branch of Public Bank or Public Islamic Bank. Some promotions even offer you the freedom to choose the deposit tenure from the available options.
Public Bank Fixed Deposit Promotion
Open a PLUS Fixed Deposit (PLUS FD) or Term Deposit-i (TD-i) and make a minimum deposit of RM10,000 per receipt. A maximum deposit of up to RM8 million can be made per customer per product. The deposit tenure can be 6 months or 12 months based on your convenience. The promotional rates for the tenures are 4.10% p.a. and 4.30% p.a. respectively for TD-i. When it comes to PLUS FD, the promotional rates are 4.00% p.a. and 4.20% p.a. respectively.
|Participating Products||Minimum Deposit Amount||Deposit Tenure||Interest Rate of PLUS FD (% p.a.)||Profit Rate of TD-i (% p.a.)||Maximum Deposit Amount|
|PLUS Fixed Deposit (PLUS FD) and Term Deposit-i (TD-i)||RM10,000||6 months||4.00||4.10||RM8 million|
Open a PB eFixed Deposit account via PBe Online Banking channel and make a minimum deposit of RM5,000 to get an interest rate of up to 3.90% p.a. The deposit must be maintained in the PB eFixed Deposit account for 3, 6, 9, 12, or 15 months to get the promotional rate. The interest will be credited to your CASA on a monthly basis. The FD account is eligible for protection by Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia (PIDM).
The details regarding the promotional rates are given in the table below:
|Deposit Tenure (months)||Current Promotional Rates (% p.a.)|
You can deposit money in a PB Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit (FCY FD) Account in US Dollar (USD), Pound Sterling (GBP), or Australian Dollar (AUD). The minimum deposit sum is RM50,000 equivalent in one of the selected foreign currency. Choose from the available deposit tenure options of 1 month, 3 months, and 6 months. You can earn a promotional rate of up to 3.15% p.a. on the deposit amount.
The rates get updated once every few months and the promotional rates applicable now are given in the table below:
|Promotion Period||Deposit Tenure||Promotional Rate on USD (% p.a.)||Promotional Rate on GBP (% p.a.)||Promotional Rate on AUD (% p.a.)|
|From 1 January 2019 until 31 March 2019||1 month||2.50||0.50||1.80|
There are 2 sub-promotions—PB Junior SA Campaign and PB Junior FD Campaign. You are required to satisfy the former campaign criteria to be eligible for the latter. You must be an individual/joint PB Bright Star Savings Account (PBBS)/WISE Savings Account (WISE) holder aged below 18 years. Your parent/guardian must agree on the terms and conditions of the campaign.
A minimum initial deposit of RM500 or a top-up of RM500 must be made to PBBS/WISE. You must also set standing instructions (SI) to transfer a minimum of RM200 per month from your parent/guardian account maintained with the Public Bank to the PBBS/WISE for a period of 12 consecutive months. Upon successful completion of these criteria, you will be eligible for a sign-up gift, i.e. a water tumbler. You will also get an SI gift, Phyliss Multipurpose Electric Food Warmer cum Lunch Box when the standing instruction set for 12 months gets completed.
After you set the standing instructions for 12 months, you have to deposit a minimum sum of RM5,000 per receipt in a PB PLUS FD account for 15 months. You can place multiple receipts under the campaign. A special rate of 4.35% p.a. will be applied to the deposit amount.
Public Bank FD Promotion Start & End Date
The campaign is valid from 1 October 2018 until 31 January 2019.
The promotion is valid from 19 March 2018 until 31 March 2019.
The campaign commenced on 12 September 2018 and is valid until 31 March 2019.
The campaign began on 1 January 2019 and is valid until 31 March 2019.
Public Bank FD Promo Terms & Conditions
- Non-individual customers are not eligible for the promotion.
- The promotion is not valid on other ongoing product promotions.
- Profit/interest will be calculated on the actual number of days the deposit was placed.
- Profit/interest will be credited to the designated CASA/CASA-i on a monthly basis.
- Partial/full premature withdrawal will not get you any profit.
- The deposit amount must be in fresh funds only.
- You must visit the PBB/PIBB within 7 days from the date of fresh funds being transferred to deposit the money.
- You must have a CASA with the bank and must be registered for PBe Online Banking.
- You can withdraw the deposit amount only via PBe platform.
- The promotional rate is applicable for one cycle only.
- The interest is calculated on the actual number of days completed.
- The promotional rates may vary if there is a change in the Overnight Policy Rate (OPR).
- This profit will be credited to your CASA on a monthly basis.
- Partial withdrawal is not allowed.
- On maturity, the FD will be automatically renewed, but under the normal board rates.
- The promotion is applicable only for new FCY FD accounts that have funds converted from Malaysian Ringgits.
- Any existing FCY FD rollover is not eligible for the promotion.
- The interest is calculated on a daily basis.
- In the case of upliftment/premature withdrawal, interest is not paid on the deposit amount.
- Partial withdrawal is not allowed.
- The FCY FD cannot be used as collateral for any credit facilities.
- The risk of exchange rate may be applicable on conversion of the foreign currency deposit at the time of withdrawal.
- Any instructions for withdrawal must be provided in writing and must be signed by authorised signatories.
- FD certificate cannot be pledged for any credit facilities.
- Partial withdrawal of PLUS Fixed Deposit account is not allowed.
- If you uplift/withdraw the FD amount prematurely, you will not receive any interest.
- The interest will be credited to the designated CASA on a monthly basis.
- The promotional rates are applicable only to one cycle.
- Upon maturity, the FD account will be automatically renewed for the same tenure.
- A maximum of RM1 million per customer can be deposited in a PLUS FD account.
- If the standing instruction is terminated prior to the completion of 12 consecutive months, the PLUS FD placement is not allowed.
- The gifts must be received within a period of 30 calendar days from the date of notification by the bank. Otherwise, the gift will be forfeited.
- You must collect the SI gift within 12 weeks after the completion of 12 consecutive monthly SI.
- The gift must be claimed from the same branch where you had signed up for PB Junior SA campaign. Also, this must be the same branch where you opened the PBBS/WISE account.
- You may have to pay the prevailing taxes and other charges as applicable.
- You cannot make the choice of colour for the gift.
- The gifts are issued on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Converting a non-eligible product to a PBBS/WISE account is not allowed.
- The deposit must be made in fresh funds.
Q. Can a Public Bank employee get the benefits of these promotions?
A. Yes. An employee of Public Bank Berhad, Public Islamic Bank Berhad, or Public Investment Bank Berhad is eligible to get the benefits of the first 3 promotions. In the case of promotion 4, the employees of Public Bank, Public Islamic Bank, and Public Investment Bank are not eligible for the campaign.
Q. I am not an existing customer of Public Bank. Can I get the benefits of the campaigns?
A. Yes. The campaigns are open to new and existing customers of Public Bank.
Q. Are these promotions available for non-individual applicants?
A. No. Non-individual applicants are not eligible to get the benefits of the first 2 promotions and of Promotion 4. When it comes to Promotion 3, non-individuals, such as partnerships, corporate entities, associations, clubs, sole-proprietors, and societies are eligible for the promotion.
Q. Can I use the FD certificate as a collateral for credit purposes?
A. No. You cannot use the FD certificate as a collateral for credit purposes.
Q. Is there an eligibility criterion to qualify for promotion 2?
A. Yes. The benefits of promotion 2 are available to individuals who are aged 50 years and above during the promotion period. In the case of a joint account, only the primary account holder can get the benefits.
Q. In which currency is the interest calculated and paid for the FCY FD?
A. The interest will be calculated and paid in the foreign currency chosen for the FCY FD. And, the interest will be paid on maturity.
Q. Can I open multiple accounts under Promotion 4?
A. Yes. You can open multiple PLUS FD/TD-i accounts and get promotional benefits under each of these accounts. However, you need to take care of the terms and conditions, such as the minimum and maximum placement amount.