Public Bank has come up with a campaign to promote PB PLUS Fixed Deposit (FD) and PIB Term Deposit-i. Also, the bank offers high-interest rates on PB eFixed Deposit accounts. You can get the benefits of the first promotion at any branch of Public Bank or Public Islamic Bank. These promotions offer you the freedom to choose the deposit tenure from the available options.
Public Bank FD Promotion Mechanics
When you open a PB eFixed Deposit account via PBe Online Banking channel, you can earn an interest rate of up to 3.65% p.a. The bank specifies that the minimum deposit amount must be RM5,000. The interest will be credited to your CASA on a monthly basis. The details regarding the promotional rates are given in the table below:
|Deposit Tenure (months)||Promotional Rates (% p.a.)|
FD Promotion Start & End Date
The promotion began on 19 March 2018 and ends on 30 June 2018.
Promotion Terms & Conditions
- You must have a CASA with the bank and must be registered for PBe.
- You can withdraw the deposit amount only via PBe platform.
- When you withdraw the deposit, you can access the principal amount along with the interest through your CASA.
- The promotional rates may vary if there is a change in the Overnight Policy Rate (OPR).
- This promotion cannot be combined with any other promotions or benefits.
- Partial withdrawal is not allowed.
- On maturity, the FD will be automatically renewed, but under the normal board rates.
Q. Can a Public Bank employee get the benefits of these promotions?
A. Yes. An employee of Public Bank Berhad, Public Islamic Bank Berhad or Public Investment Bank Berhad is eligible to get the benefits of these promotions.
Q. I am not an existing customer of Public Bank. Can I get the benefits of the campaigns?
A. Yes. The campaign is open to new and existing customers of Public Bank.
On the other hand, non-individual applicants are not eligible to get the benefits of Promotion.
Q. Can I use the FD certificate as a collateral for credit purposes?
A. No. You cannot use the FD certificate as a collateral for credit purposes.