Public Bank Fixed Deposit is a facility which comes with a competitive interest rate and offers flexible tenures to choose from. With three types of packages to choose from, the Public Bank Fixed Deposit helps you enhance your savings.
Public Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rates 2018
The interest rates associated with Public Bank Fixed Deposit are mentioned in the table below:
|FD Schemes||Tenure available||Interest Rate|
|PLUS Fixed Deposit Account||Up to 12 months||3.20% to 3.35% p.a.|
|PB Golden 50 PLUS Fixed Deposit Account||Up to 60 months||3.30% to 3.45% p.a.|
|PB eFixed Deposit Account||Up to 60 months||3.20% to 3.35% p.a.|
Public Bank Fixed Deposit All Schemes Interest Rates and Tenure are mentioned in the table below:
|Plus Fixed Deposit Rate||PB Golden Plus Fixed Deposit||PB eFixed Deposit Rates|
|Tenure||Interest Rate (% P.A)||Tenure||Interest Rate (% P.A)||Tenure||Interest Rate (% P.A)|
|1 Month||3.20||1 Month||3.30||1 Month||3.20|
|2 Months||3.20||2 Months||3.30||2 Months||3.20|
|3 Months||3.25||3 Months||3.35||3 Months||3.25|
|4 Months||3.25||4 Months||3.35||4 Months||3.25|
|5 Months||3.25||5 Months||3.35||5 Months||3.25|
|6 Months||3.30||6 Months||3.40||6 Months||3.30|
|7 Months||3.30||7 Months||3.40||7 Months||3.30|
|8 Months||3.30||8 Months||3.40||8 Months||3.30|
|9 Months||3.30||9 Months||3.40||9 Months||3.30|
|10 Months||3.30||10 Months||3.40||10 Months||3.30|
|11 Months||3.30||11 Months||3.40||11 Months||3.30|
|12 Months||3.35||12 Months||3.45||12 Months||3.35|
|13 - 60 Months||Negotiable||13 - 60 Months||3.45||13 - 60 Months||3.35|
**Last updated on 27th February, 2018.
*Please refer to your acount holding branches for applicable interest rates.
Types of Public Bank Fixed Deposit
There are three types of Public Bank Fixed Deposit available that are mentioned below:
- PLUS Fixed Deposit Account: Open for partnerships, clubs, societies, corporations, associations, and individuals (both Malaysian residents and non-residents), the PLUS Fixed Deposit Account comes with a competitive interest rate range and auto-renewal option.
- PB Golden 50 PLUS Fixed Deposit Account: The PB Golden 50 PLUS Fixed Deposit Account is specially designed for senior citizens. With special discounts and competitive interest rates, this package comes with a service charges waiver.
- PB eFixed Deposit Account: PB eFixed Deposit Account is a hassle-free fixed deposit facility that comes with a convenience of automatic renewal and credits the interest into your savings or current account automatically.
- PB Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit Account: The PB Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit Account is meant for business entities and individuals who choose to open a fixed deposit account in currencies other than Malaysian Ringgit.
Public Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rates for foreign currencies (Updated on 12 Feb 2018)
The following table contains the Public Bank Fixed Deposit interest rates for foreign currencies:
|Currency||Tenure available||Interest rate|
|AUD||Up to 12 months||1.75% p.a. to 2.30% p.a.|
|CAD||Up to 12 months||0.90% p.a. to 1.30% p.a.|
|CHF||Up to 12 months||0.00% p.a.|
|CNY||Up to 12 months||1.80% p.a. to 2.40% p.a.|
|EUR||Up to 12 months||0.00% p.a.|
|GBP||Up to 12 months||0.35% p.a. to 0.85% p.a.|
|HKD||Up to 12 months||0.35% p.a. to 1.40% p.a.|
|JPY||Up to 12 months||0.00% p.a.|
|NZD||Up to 12 months||1.90% p.a. to 2.40% p.a.|
|SGD||Up to 12 months||0.75% p.a. to 1.40% p.a.|
|THB||Up to 12 months||0.00% p.a. to 0.90% p.a.|
|USD||Up to 12 months||1.55% p.a. to 2.15% p.a.|
Public Bank Fixed Deposit Features and Benefits
The features and benefits associated with Public Bank Fixed Deposit are listed below:
- You can choose from a wide range of tenures available that has a maximum term of up to 60 months.
- The tenures available with Public Bank Fixed Deposit are in multiples of 1 month.
- The facility comes with an automatic renewal at the maturity.
- You can choose to get the interest credited on monthly basis, every 6 months, or at the completion of the facility.
- The minimum placement for a tenure of 1 month is RM5,000.
- The minimum placement for a tenure of 2 months or more is RM1,000.
- The minimum placement for PB Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit Account is RM10,000 in a single receipt.
- The facility comes with an optional overdraft facility at competitive rates of interest.
- The Public Bank Fixed Deposit is protected by PIDM (Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia or Malaysian Deposit Insurance Corporation).
Public Bank Fixed Deposit Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for Public Bank Fixed Deposit are given below:
- Resident and non-resident individuals can apply for the Public Bank Fixed Deposit.
- The PLUS Fixed Deposit Account and PB eFixed Deposit Account facility are open to corporations, associations, partnerships, clubs, and societies.
- The minimum age required for PLUS Fixed Deposit Account and PB eFixed Deposit Account is 18 years.
- The PB Golden 50 PLUS Fixed Deposit Account is open for candidates who are older than 50 years of age only.
Documents required for Public Bank Fixed Deposit
The following documents need to be presented at the time of Public Bank Fixed Deposit application:
- A copy of ID, or
- A copy of passport.
Public Bank Fixed Deposit for Foreigners
Any non-resident foreigner who is working in Malaysia with a valid work permit can apply for Public Bank Fixed Deposit.
Public Bank Fixed Deposit Fees and Charges
Let’s take a look at the fees and charges associated with the Public Bank Fixed Deposit:
|Type of fee||Charges|
|Request for additional statement||RM2.12 per statement.|
|Lost or misplaced fixed deposit receipt||A service charge of RM5.00 plus RM10.00 as stamp duty for Indemnity Letter for Lost Fixed Deposit.|
You can earn high interest rates when you deposit a sum of RM10,000. The promotional rates are valid on a deposit tenure of 6 months or 12 months. The promotion began on 1 February and is valid until 30 April 2018. The bank specifies that the deposit must be in fresh funds only. The details on interest rates are given in the table below:
|Deposit Tenure||Promotional Rate (% p.a.)|
You can get the benefits of the promotion when you open an eFixed Deposit account with a minimum of RM5,000 via PB Online Banking channel. You can select a deposit tenure from the options 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15 months. The promotional rates depend on the tenure chosen and ranges from 3.40% p.a. to 3.65% p.a.
The interest will be credited to your designated CASA on a monthly basis. The promotion began on 19 March 2018 and ends on 30 June 2018.
How to open a Public Bank Fixed Deposit Account?
You can visit the nearest Public Bank branch with your request for a Public Bank Fixed Deposit Account or reach out to the bank with a request for the same via its hotline or customer care numbers.
Public Bank contact number for Fixed Deposit
You can contact the bank with your request for Public Bank Fixed Deposit Account or any query related to the same via the customer service number of the bank: 603-2179 9999.
Public Bank Fixed Deposit FAQs
Q. How can one renew the Public Bank Fixed Deposit facility?
A. The Public Bank Fixed Deposit facility comes with an automatic renewal.
Q. I’m a 54-year-old Malaysian citizen. Which package under the Public Bank Fixed Deposit is best suited for me?
A. The PB Golden 50 PLUS Fixed Deposit Account is the best package for you under Public Bank Fixed Deposit.
Q. What is the lowest placement allowed with PB eFixed Deposit Account?
A. The minimum placement allowed with PB eFixed Deposit Account is RM1,000.
Q. Who can apply for PB eFixed Deposit Account?
A. Individuals who are 18 years old or older and sole proprietors who already have a PBe account can apply for PB eFixed Deposit Account.
Q. Can I open a PB eFixed Deposit Account on a joint basis?
A. No. It is not allowed to apply for PB eFixed Deposit Account on a joint basis.
Other Products offered by Public Bank:
Apart from offering Fixed Deposit,Public Bank offers other products and services which include: