This is a multi-foreign currency account that has designated account for each currency. This account is available for all individuals and business entities.
Features and Benefits of Public Bank Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit Account
Following are the various features and benefits of Public Bank Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit Account:
- You get to open a fixed deposit account in the following major currencies:
- Thai Baht
- Swiss Franc
- Canadian Dollar
- Singapore Dollar
- Chinese Renminbi
- Hong Kong Dollar
- Japanese Yen
- US Dollar
- Pound Sterling
- Australian Dollar
- New Zealand Dollar
- The opening requirements are subject to the guidelines set by Bank Negara Malaysia and Foreign Exchange Administration Rules.
- The minimum amount needed for placement is RM1,000 in a single receipt.
- The tenure offered ranges from 1 month to 12 months.
- The interest will be paid in the currency that you have opted for.
- Interest will be calculated on the actual number of days.
- If you are withdrawing before the maturity, half the original interest will be paid. Each placement has to complete a minimum placement of 15 days.
- If the placement has been uplifted within 15 days of placement, there won’t be any interest paid.
- You will be taking the risk on the exchange rate as there will be fluctuations in the foreign currency exchange rate against Malaysian Ringgit.
- The placements will be renewed automatically except for placements of less than 30 days.
Public Bank Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit Account Rates
Following are the interest rates for various currencies:
Public Bank Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit Account fees and Charges
Following are the applicable fees and charges:
|Request for statement||RM2 – RM12 per page.|
|Misplaced or lost FD receipt||RM5 service duty charge plus RM10 stamp duty charge.|