UOB Fixed Deposit provides competitive interest rates to help you earn more and offers a range of flexible tenures and packages that are protected under PIDM.
UOB Fixed Deposit Profit Rates 2018 (Updated on 12 Feb 2018)
Both the Fixed Deposit-i and Fixed Deposit have similar profit rates which are mentioned in the table below:
|Fixed Deposit - i|
|Tenure (In Months)||Rates (% p.a)|
|Tenure (In Months)||Rates (% p.a)|
Types of UOB Fixed Deposit
UOB offers fixed deposits schemes under both conventional and Islamic banking. The different types of fixed deposits are mentioned here:
- Fixed Deposit: This fixed deposit allows you to invest your money with minimal risk.
- Fixed Deposit-i: This fixed deposit account is Shariah-compliant and is based on the Tawarruq concept. It guarantees your principal and provides fixed returns throughout your tenure of placement.
- UOB Foreign currency Fixed Deposits: These fixed deposits are offered in a range of currencies such as AUD, USD, GBP, and SGD among others.
UOB Fixed Deposit Interest Rates for foreign currencies (Updated on 12 Feb 2018)
|Tenure||Currency||Rates (% p.a.)|
|1 month||AUSTRALIAN DOLLAR||1.15%|
|HONG KONG DOLLAR||0.50%|
|NEW ZEALAND DOLLAR||1.00%|
|CHINESE YUAN RENMINBI||0.50%|
|3 months||AUSTRALIAN DOLLAR||1.20%|
|HONG KONG DOLLAR||0.60%|
|NEW ZEALAND DOLLAR||1.10%|
|CHINESE YUAN RENMINBI||1.00%|
|6 months||AUSTRALIAN DOLLAR||1.30%|
|HONG KONG DOLLAR||0.70%|
|NEW ZEALAND DOLLAR||1.25%|
|CHINESE YUAN RENMINBI||1.80%|
|9 months||AUSTRALIAN DOLLAR||1.35%|
|HONG KONG DOLLAR||0.85%|
|NEW ZEALAND DOLLAR||1.35%|
|CHINESE YUAN RENMINBI||1.85%|
|12 months||AUSTRALIAN DOLLAR||1.40%|
|HONG KONG DOLLAR||1.00%|
|NEW ZEALAND DOLLAR||1.45%|
|CHINESE YUAN RENMINBI||1.90%|
UOB Fixed Deposit Features and Benefits
The following are the features and benefits associated with UOB Fixed Deposit:
- You can earn more with the available competitive interest rates.
- Fixed Deposit –i is Shariah-compliant and it allows you to enjoy zero brokerage fee.
- The UOB Fixed Deposits are PIDM protected.
- Minimum deposit amount starts from as low as RM500 for a tenure of 2 months or more.
UOB Fixed Deposit Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for UOB Fixed Deposit are given below:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You should be a Malaysian citizen.
- You should have valid passport and Visa or Work Permit if you are a foreigner.
Documents required for UOB Fixed Deposit
You need to produce the following documents when you are going to apply for UOB Fixed Deposit account:
- A copy of original identity card for Malaysians.
- A copy of passport for foreigners.
- A photocopy of your utility bill (water/electricity/telephone bills, bank statement or employer's confirmation letter) to serve as proof of residential address.
- An employment letter or student permit for foreigners working or studying in Malaysia.
UOB Fixed Deposit for Foreigners
Any non-resident foreigner who is working in Malaysia with a valid work permit can apply for UOB Fixed Deposit.
UOB Fixed Deposit Fees and Charges
The fees and charges associated with UOB Fixed Deposit is mentioned below:
|Type of fee||Charges|
|Service charge on replacement of lost Fixed Deposit Receipt||RM5|
How to open a UOB Fixed Deposit Account?
You can either visit the nearest UOB Fixed Deposit branch with your request to open a fixed deposit account or reach out to the bank with a request for the same through its hotline or customer care numbers.
Contact number for UOB Fixed Deposit
You can call the 24-hour UOB Call Centre at:
- Kuala Lumpur +6 03-26128 121
- Penang +6 04-2401 121
- Johor Bahru +6 07-2881 121
- Kuching +6 082-287 121
- Kota Kinabalu +6 088-477 121
UOB Fixed Deposit FAQs
Q: Will I be penalized for premature withdrawal of my fixed deposit?
A: Yes there is a penalty for premature withdrawal of your fixed deposit account.
Q: What is the penalty for premature withdrawal of fixed deposit account?
A: If you withdraw your fixed deposit within first 3 months, then you will lose out the interest on your fixed deposit. However, if you withdraw it after completing the first 3 months, then you will earn 50% of interest for the completed months.
Q: Is online application possible for joint accounts?
A: Online Application is not applicable for joint account or trust account application.
Q: What is the minimum initial deposit to open the Fixed Deposit account?
A: The minimum initial deposit is RM5,000 for 1 month period and the minimum initial deposit is RM500 for a period of 2 months or more.
Q: What is the Shariah-compliant underlying asset for Tawarruq arrangement?
A: Crude Palm Oil is the underlying asset for Tawarruq arrangement.
Other Products offered UOB:
Apart from offering Fixed Deposit,UOB offers other products and services which include: