With Hong Leong Bank Debit Cards, now you can pay for goods and services without using any cash. These credit cards are linked to your savings accounts and they serve a lot of purposes. You can use them for cash withdrawal, online shopping, paying utility bills and restaurant bills, and purchasing many more things. Hong Leong Bank Debit Cards are accepted globally.
Types of Hong Leong Debit Cards
Hong Leong Bank currently offers the following debit cards:
- Hong Leong Junior Debit Card: This debit card is particularly designed for juniors to help them pay for various products and services within any VISA or MEPs network across the world. The card is issued to parents or guardians. It is linked to the Junior Savings Account. The can be used for cash withdrawal at ATMs, online shopping and paying for various goods and services. However, all facilities associated with a Hong Leong Junior Debit Card get closed once you close your Junior Savings Account opened with Hong Leong Bank.
- Hong Leong Touch'n Go Zing Debit Card: This is another debit card offered by Hong Leong Bank. The card is equipped with enhanced security measures and automatic reloading facility that enables you to reload your card automatically once the total balance in your debit card fall down to RM50.
Hong Leong Bank Debit Cards come with a host of attractive features.Listed below are the main features and benefits of each debit card offered by Hong Leong Bank:
Hong Leong Junior Debit Card: Benefits & features:
Listed below are the main features and benefits offered by the Hong Leong Junior Debit Card:
- The card is accepted globally. You can use this card at all ATMs that carry the logo of MEPS, PLUS and VISA.
- Free yourself from the burden of carrying cash.
- The Hong Leong Junior Debit Card is accepted at over 29 million VISA merchants and MEPS e-debit merchants across the globe.
- You can set the following limits on the card - “Withdrawal Limit”, “Retail Purchase Limit”, “Online Purchase Limit” and “Auto-Reload Limit”. It helps you get better manage your finance.
- Transfer money and pay bills.
- Online shopping is available.
Hong Leong Touch'n Go Zing Debit Card: Benefits & Features:
The Touch'n Go Zing Debit Card offered by Hong Leong Bank enables you to enjoy the following benefits and features:
- Automatic reload option is available is with this debit card. It is linked to your Hong Leong Current/ Savings Account that reloads your debit card every time your debit card balance comes down to RM50. The reloaded amount gets debited from your Retail Purchase Account.
- The card remains valid for 10 years. The validity of the card is also subject to a maximum transaction of of 64,000 times.
- Card renewal option is available with this debit card. You can renew your Touch’n Go Zing Debit Card before the expiry date mentioned on the card. A card renewal fee of RM10.60 is charged per renewal.
- A processing fees of RM5.30 is charged for card issuance.
- Touch'n Go Zing Debit Card is equipped with TNG Chip facility.
- A person can apply for only 1 Zing Card.
- Card replacement facility is available. You can opt for it in case your Touch'n Go Zing Debit C is lost, stolen or damaged.
The following eligibility conditions are applicable on Hong Leong Debit Cards:
- Juniors are eligible for applying for Hong Leong Junior Debit Cards under the guidance of parents/guardians.
- Having a Hong Leong Bank Current Account or Savings Account followed by a Debit Card is mandatory to be eligible for the Touch'n Go Zing Debit Card.
- Individuals can apply for Touch’n Go Zing Debit Cards both singly and jointly.
FAQs: Hong Leong Debit Cards
If my Junior Debit Card is used for unauthorized transactions, who is liable for it?
The cardholder is liable for any unauthorized transaction made with the Junior Debit Card.
What should I do if my Junior Debit Card is lost/stolen?
You should notify Hong Leong Bank immediately along with a police report, if it is lost or stolen.
How do I change my contact details in my Hong Leong Bank Savings Account/Debit Card?
You can either visit the nearest branch of Hong Leong Bank or call its customer service department to update your personal details.
Within how many days, do I need to activate my Hong Leong Touch'n Go Zing Debit Card?
The card needs to be activated within twelve 12 months from the date of issuance.
Can I reload my Hong Leong Touch'n Go Zing Debit Card manually?
No, you cannot reload your Touch'n Go Zing Debit Card manually. It is reloaded automatically. The reloaded amount is deducted from your Hong Leong Retail Purchase Account.
How many times I can auto reload my Touch'n Go Zing Debit Card?
You can reload it automatically only once in every 24 hours.
How do I cancel my Touch'n Go Zing Debit Card?
The card gets automatically cancelled once you close your Hong Leong Bank Debit Card.
If I want to terminate my Touch'n Go Zing Debit Card and there still is balance in the card, will Hong Leong Bank refund me the remaining amount? If yes, how many days it will take to get the refund?
Yes, Hong Leong will refund you the remaining amount. It usually requires 14 working days for the balance to be credited to your account. The amount will be credited to your "Retail Purchase account".
Does card issuance fee is applicable on Hong Leong Bank Touch'n Go Zing Debit Card?
Yes. The bank charges an amount of RM10.60 as card issuance fee on each card issuance.
What is the renewal process for my Touch'n Go Zing Debit Card?
You can renew your Touch'n Go Zing Debit Card by paying a renewal fee of RM10.60 before the card expires.
How much amount is charged by Hong Leong Bank for auto loading my Touch’n Go Zing Debit Card?
The bank charges an amount of RM0.53 per auto reloading.
How many days does it take to receive a Touch’n Go Zing Debit Card from Hong Leong Bank?
It usually takes 30 days to receive a Touch’n Go Zing Debit Card after you submit the application form.
In case my Touch’n Go Zing Debit Card is stolen and I need a replacement? Can I apply for replacement? If yes, do I need to pay for it?
Yes. You can opt for a replacement .Hong Leong Bank replace you with a new card in case your Touch’n Go Zing Debit Card is stolen, lost or damaged. But, you need to pay a replacement fee of RM10.00 per card.