Hong Leong Islamic Bank offers many exquisite financial products and services based on Shariah principles. The bank has two debit cards available; one for individuals above 18 years, and another for juniors. Read further to understand the features and benefits of each card.
List of Hong Leong Islamic Debit Cards
|Card Name||Key Benefits||Annual Fee||Daily Withdrawal Limit|
|Hong Leong Islamic Debit Card-i||
||RM8 per card.||RM2,000 for Generic and Priority Banking Cardholders (default).|
|Hong Leong Islamic Junior Debit Card-i||
||RM8 per card.||Set by the legal guardian/parent.|
Types of Hong Leong Islamic Debit Cards
- Hong Leong Islamic Debit Card-i: This card allows you to purchase Shariah-compliant goods and services from your bank account at participating outlets via MEPs network or Mastercard. The daily withdrawal limit set at RM2,000.
- Hong Leong Islamic Junior Debit Card-i: This card is exclusive for juniors from 12 years to 18 years of age. The card is issued to the parent or the legal guardian of the child. The guardian will be able to set the limits to withdrawal and purchases so that the funds in the account are managed responsibly.
Features and Benefits of Hong Leong Islamic Debit Cards
Hong Leong Islamic Debit Card-i
- No need to submit any income documents for debit card approval.
- Link your debit card to any savings or current account.
- Enjoy exclusive deals on dining, travelling, and shopping with this card.
- Use your card to withdraw cash from ATMs with MEPS/Mastercard logo locally and overseas.
- Get SMS Alerts when you make a purchase.
- Use your card on contactless-enabled card readers.
Hong Leong Islamic Junior Debit Card-i
- Withdraw cash from any ATM which has the MEPS/Mastercard logo, in Malaysia and overseas.
- The parent or legal guardian of the individual can set the withdrawal limit, purchase limit, and auto-reload limit.
- Auto-reload this card for free when the balance is lower than RM50.
- Use the card to top up mobile phone credit.
Fees and Charges
|Fees and Charges||Hong Leong Islamic Debit Card-i||Hong Leong Islamic Junior Debit Card-i|
|Issuance Fee||RM8 per card||RM8 per card|
|Card Replacement Fee||
|ATM withdrawal Fee||
|Fees for Overseas Transaction||Mastercard International determines the conversion rates of foreign currency to Ringgit Malaysia. An additional 1% mark-up will also be imposed by the bank.|
|Age Requirement||Hong Leong Islamic Debit Card-i: 18 years. Hong Leong Islamic Junior Debit Card-i: Below 18 years of age.|
|Other Criteria||Hong Leong Islamic Debit Card-i: Only Hong Leong Current Account-i/Current Account, or Savings Account-i/Savings account holders can apply. Hong Leong Islamic Junior Debit Card-i: The application form must be submitted by the parent/legal guardian/ trustee.|
Enjoy cashless transactions with your Hong Leong Islamic Debit Card. The card can also be used to withdraw cash from ATMs with the MEPS/Mastercard logo locally or overseas. Read through the cards’ product disclosure sheet, and terms and conditions before opting for them.
Q. What is the daily purchase limit of the Hong Leong Islamic Debit Card?
A. The daily retail purchase limit for Hong Leong Islamic Debit Card-i is set at RM2,000 by default. However, the maximum allowable limit is RM5,000 for Generic Cardholders and RM10,000 for Priority Banking Cardholders.
As far as online purchases are concerned, the daily purchase limit is set at RM1,000 by default. However, the maximum allowable limit is RM5,000 for both Generic and Priority Banking Cardholders. For Hong Leong Islamic Junior Debit Card-i, the cardholder’s parent or legal guardian can set the daily purchase limit.
Q. Do the cards come with contactless transaction limit?
A. Yes. Both cards come with a default contactless transaction limit of RM250. The cumulative contactless limit can be reset from RM0 to RM400 for Hong Leong Islamic Debit Card-i, and from RM0 to RM800 for Hong Leong Islamic Junior Debit Card-i.
Q. How can I renew my Hong Leong debit card?
A. When your Hong Leong debit card is nearing its expiry date, you will be sent a reminder via SMS. You must visit the nearest branch and get the replacement card as soon as possible.
Q. What happens if I enter the wrong PIN?
A. You have three attempts to key in the PIN. If you enter the wrong PIN thrice, your debit card will be blocked. If you have forgotten your PIN, you will have to change your debit card.
Q. Can I have two different PINs for ATM and POS transactions?
A. No. The PIN would be the same for both ATM and POS transactions.
Q. What is the procedure to apply for a Hong Leong Debit Card?
A. You should follow the below steps:
- Go to the nearest Hong Leong Bank/ Hong Leong Islamic Bank branch.
- Submit your MyKad for verification.
- Open a Current Account-i or a Savings Account-i.
- Get your card instantly once you open your account.
Q. I want to use my card for overseas transactions. How do I activate my card?
A. You can activate the card in the following ways:
- Get in touch with the Hong Leong Bank/Hong Leong Islamic Bank contact centre.
- Visit any of the Hong Leong Bank/Hong Leong Islamic Bank branches during banking hours.
- Visit the bank’s official website.
- Through any of the Hong Leong Bank/Hong Leong Islamic Bank ATMs.