AIA Bhd. provides you with multiple policies for general insurance, health insurance, and PA (personal accident) insurance. These policies provide you with coverage against unfortunate events and help you financially by covering the expenses involved.
AIA Life Insurance Plans
|Plan Name||Main Coverage||Coverage Period||Add-on Coverage|
|A-Life Signature Beyond||Up to 100% of total sum insured in cases of death and total permanent disability.||Up to the age of 70, 80, and 100 years.||Up to RM1 million for overseas critical illness treatment.|
|A-Life Signature-i & A-Life Signature-i PlusOne||Up to 100% of total sum insured in incidents of total permanent disability.||Up to the age of 70, 80, and 100 years.||Up to 300% coverage against accidental death.|
|A-LifeLink||Insurance protection against death and total permanent disablement.||Up to the age of 100 years.||Freedom to modify the savings and protection levels.|
|A-LifeLink-i||Takaful protection against incidents of death and total permanent disability.||Up to the age of 100 years.||Flexibility to choose and modify the levels of protection and savings.|
|A-LifeProtectTerm||Coverage against death and option to add coverage against total permanent disability.||Up to the age of 80 years.||Guaranteed renewals and flexibility to move to a different insurance policy.|
|A-LifeSecure & A-LifeTimeSecure||Lump sum payment in cases of death and total permanent disablement.||Up to the age of 100 years.||Maturity payment and lifelong insurance coverage.|
|A-Life SuperJunior||Coverage against 12 juvenile critical illnesses, permanent disablement, and death.||Up to the age of 75 years.||Health check-up benefit, 125% of the lump sum amount at maturity, and payment term till 20 years of age.|
|A-Plus Payor & A-Plus PayorCI||Coverage against critical illnesses till the age of 25 years.||Up to the child’s age of 25 years.||Waivers on the premiums payable payable in cases of parent’s death or disability caused.|
|A-Plus Payor-i & A-Plus PayorCI-i||Coverage against critical illnesses till 25 years of age.||Up to the child’s age of 25 years.||Waivers on the contributions of premiums payable in cases where parent get diagnosed with critical illness or parent’s death.|
|A-Plus PayorExtra||Waivers on the contributions of premiums payable in cases where the parent dies, get diagnosed with critical illness or gets total permanent disability till the age of 25 years.||Up to the child’s age of 25 years.||Entry age can be 18 to 60 years.|
|A-Plus PayorExtra-i||Waivers on the contributions of premiums payable in cases of parent’s death and cases where the parent is diagnosed with critical illness or gets total permanent disability till 25 years of age.||Up to the child’s age of 25 years.||Entry age of the scheme is 18 to 60 years.|
|A-Plus Disability Cash||Annual payment in cases of total and permanent disablement before 70 years of age.||Up to the age of 70 years.||Flexibility to choose the annual amount receivable.|
|A-Plus Disability Cash-i||Annual payment in case of total and permanent disablement till the age of 75 years.||Up to the age of 70 years.||Flexibility to choose the annual amount receivable.|
|A-Plus Hajj||Coverage of up to 100% in cases of death and total and permanent disability while performing Umrah or Hajj.||Up to the age of 80 years.||100% coverage against death caused by MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) virus or accident.|
|A-Plus LifeExtra||Lump sum payment in case of death.||10 or 20 years of age.||Flexibility to choose from tenures of 10 and 20 years and amount of 100% and 200%.|
|AIA i-Starter Plan||Up to RM30,000 in the form of coverage against death.||1 year.||50% from the excess funds in Takaful risk fund every year.|
|AIA Starter Plan||Lump sum payment to the family in case of death.||1 year.||Flexibility to choose the coverage amount from RM10,000 and RM30,000.|
|A-Life Joy-i||Protection coverage for your child from 14 weeks of pregnancy.||Up to 100 years of age.||Enhanced coverage against development disorders.|
|A-Life Joy||Coverage for your child from 14 weeks of pregnancy.||Up to 100 years of age.||Protection coverage from development disorders.|
|AIA i-One Plan||Coverage against unfortunate events of death and total permanent disablement.||1 year.||Freedom to choose from insured sum of RM50,000 to RM500,000.|
|AIA One Plan||Coverage against events of total permanent disability and death.||1 year.||Flexibility to choose the insured sum from a range of RM50,000 to RM500,000.|
|A-EnrichGold||Lump sum payment in cases of total permanent disability and death.||Up to 30 years.||Freedom to choose premium payment terms, guaranteed cash returns, and guaranteed maturity returns.|
|A-EnrichGold-i||Lump sum payment in cases of death and total permanent disablement.||Up to 30 years.||Flexibility to select payment contribution term, increasing cash returns, and maturity returns.|
|A-EduAchieve||Cover for child education against the cases of parent’s death and a loss of income.||A maximum of 25 years of age.||Customised savings plan for your child’s education.|
|A-Enrich20||Increasing annual coverage against death and total permanent disablement.||A maximum of 75 years of age.||Guaranteed cash returns and limited term of premium payment.|
|A-Plus Enrich20||Protection against the cases of death and permanent disablement.||Up to a maximum age of 75 years.||Guaranteed cash returns, 150% maturity benefit, and limited payment duration for the premiums.|
|A-InvestLink||Lump sum payment to the family in incidents of death and total permanent disability.||Up to a maximum age of 100 years.||Flexibility to invest in funds and automatic funds rebalancing.|
|A-Plus Accident Shield & A-Plus Total Accident Shield||Coverage against accidental death, accidental dismemberment, and total permanent disability caused by an accident.||Up to a maximum age of 70 years.||Weekly allowances for temporary disability and reimbursement of medical expenses.|
|A-Plus Accident Shield-i & A-Plus Total Accident Shield-i||Coverage against death, dismemberment, and permanent disability caused by accidents.||Up to a maximum age of 70 years.||Coverage for medical expenses and allowance for temporary disablement on a weekly basis.|
|Anniversary PA||Coverage against serious injuries caused by an accident and event of death.||Up to the age of 75 years.||365 days of hospital charges reimbursement, dengue shield, and cover for surgical and medical expenses.|
|My Family PA||Allowance for serious injuries and disability and coverage against events of death.||For you and your spouse: Up to the age of 75 years.||Reimbursement for surgical and medical expenses.|
|For your children: Up to a maximum age of 23 years.|
|Twin PA||Coverage against death and serious injuries.||Adult Plan: Up to a maximum age of 75 years.||Reimbursement for medical and surgical expenses and financial support coverage against major disabilities.|
|Juvenile Plan: Up to a maximum age of 23 years.|
Types of AIA Insurance Packages
There are 32 different packages provided by AIA Insurance Malaysia that offer you a life protection coverage. These packages belong to life insurance, accident insurance, and savings and investment schemes. Let’s take a look at these packages in detail:
- A-Life Signature Beyond: A-Life Signature Beyond offers protection against death and pays a lump sum amount of up to 100% of the insured sum to your family. The package also comes with an overseas critical illness treatment with a maximum coverage of RM1 million and a coverage of 100% against the cases of total permanent disablement. You can choose the payment term and coverage amount with the package and receive an additional 20% of your account value at maturity.
- A-Life Signature-i & A-Life Signature-i PlusOne: A-Life Signature-i & A-Life Signature-i PlusOne policy provides you with a coverage against death and pays a lump sum amount of up to 100% to your family in cases of total and permanent disability and death. The package also provides up to 300% coverage amount and 200% coverage amount in cases of accidental death and death while performing Umrah or Hajj. The policy comes with an additional maturity benefit of 20% and allows you to choose coverage amount and payment term according to your requirements.
- A-LifeLink: A-LifeLink policy offers you a coverage against death and total permanent disablement. The policy also offers anniversary bonus annually and helps you manage your savings by investing in investment funds. You can also choose the levels of protection and savings with the insurance policy.
- A-LifeLink-i: The policy provides a takaful protection coverage against death and permanent disability. You can also enjoy the flexibility to choose the savings and protection levels according to your needs. You will be entitled to anniversary bonus every year additional covers with riders.
- A-LifeProtectTerm: A-LifeProtectTerm comes with a basic insurance coverage against total permanent disablement and death. You can choose from the three following packages available according to your requirement: 5-year term plan, level term plan, and yearly renewable plan. You are also allowed to convert this scheme into any other life insurance plans during the term.
- A-LifeSecure & A-LifeTimeSecure: Get a lifelong insurance coverage with the help of A-LifeSecure & A-LifeTimeSecure. The policy covers the incidents of death and total permanent disability. The facility also offers you with cash value if you’ve held the policy for 3 or more years. If unused, the facility will provide you with a maturity payment of a lump sum amount of the sum insured.
- A-Life SuperJunior: Protect your child from 12 juvenile illnesses, total and permanent disability, and 36 critical illnesses with the help of A-Life SuperJunior. The policy provides reimbursement for your child’s health check-up and assists you financially if the child gets hospitalised. The coverage level of the package also increase by 25% when your child turns 21.
- A-Plus Payor & A-Plus PayorCI: A-Plus Payor & A-Plus PayorCI policy offers your child a coverage against critical illnesses till the age of 25 years. The policy also offers a waiver on the premiums payable in cases of loss of income.
- A-Plus Payor-i & A-Plus PayorCI-i: A-Plus Payor-i & A-Plus PayorCI-i scheme covers your child against critical illnesses till 25 years of age and also gives a premium waiver in the incidents that cause loss of income.
- A-Plus PayorExtra: A-Plus PayorExtra offers a waiver on the payable premium amount for your child’s insurance plan in cases of loss of income due to disability, critical illnesses, and event of death.
- A-Plus PayorExtra-i: A-Plus PayorExtra-i helps your child’s insurance plan stay active in cases of loss of income due to factors like critical illnesses, disability, and death.
- A-Plus Disability Cash: You will receive an annual payment if you suffer from total and permanent disability before the age of 70 years and covers for the loss of income caused. You are also allowed to choose the amount of annual payment according to your lifestyle and financial commitments.
- A-Plus Disability Cash-i: A-Plus Disability Cash-i scheme offers you compensation till the age of 75 years if you suffer from a disability before your turn 70. The facility also allows you to manually select the annual payment amount in accordance to your current financial commitments and lifestyle requirements.
- A-Plus Hajj: A-Plus Hajj policy covers the events of death caused by an accident, by MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) virus, and death while performing Hajj or Umrah. The facility provides a coverage of 100% of your insured sum in these cases and total permanent disability caused while performing Umrah or Hajj. You can get an additional 2% boost to your savings every 3 years and get compassionate benefit of 20% of the insured amount.
- A-Plus LifeExtra: A-Plus LifeExtra plan allows you to choose the premium term from 10 and 20 years with coverage of 100% and 200% against the event of death.
- AIA i-Starter Plan: AIA i-Starter Plan provides your family a coverage of RM10,000 to RM30,000 against death for a coverage duration of 1 year. You can also receive 50% of the excess amount of Takaful risk fund.
- AIA Starter Plan: You can receive a coverage ranging from RM10,000 to RM30,000 against death for a term duration of 1 year with AIA Starter Plan.
- A-Life Joy-i: You can get a coverage for your child from 14 weeks of pregnancy with A-Life Joy-i. You can also get your child insured against development disorders and add takaful protection against death and total and permanent disability with this protection scheme. The facility also comes with an autogrowth feature that increase the coverage to up to RM100,000 when your child gets 18. You can also add riders like A-Plus ScholarSaver-i to get education insurance for your child.
- A-Life Joy: A-Life Joy policy provides coverage to your child from the time of 14 weeks of pregnancy. The policy also provides your child with a coverage against development disorders. The policy allows you to invest as well as add enhanced protection levels. The policy comes with a premium of as low as RM150 and gives your child a coverage of up to RM100,000 after the age of 18 years.
- AIA i-One Plan: Get a coverage of RM50,000 to RM500,000 against death and cases of total and permanent disablement with AIA i-One policy. You can also obtain up to 50% of the funds from any access amount in the Takaful risk fund with this policy.
- AIA One Plan: You can choose to get a coverage from a range of RM50,000 to a maximum of RM500,000 with AIA One Plan against death and incidents of total permanent disability.
- A-EnrichGold: You can choose to get a protection for 25 years with premium payment over 10 years and a protection for up to 30 years with paying a premium for 20 years with A-EnrichGold. The policy also provides protection against death and total permanent disability. The policy offers you a flexibility in investment and savings by helping you invest in any of the four available AIA investment-linked funds. You can also get a guaranteed 150% maturity returns with this scheme.
- A-EnrichGold-i: A-EnrichGold-i policy allows you to choose between protection coverage duration of 25 years and 30 years. The policy provides you a coverage against total and permanent disablement as well as help you enhance your savings by letting you invest in AIA investment-linked funds. The facility gives you up to 150% maturity value with an increasing cash payment throughout the term.
- A-EduAchieve: You can customise your child’s education plan and get a bonus payment of up to 15 times your regular monthly premium amount when your child gets 18 with A-EduAchieve. The policy also provides a financial support and takes care of your child’s education funds in cases of death and permanent disability. You can also switch funds you want to invest in with this policy.
- A-Enrich20: Get a coverage for up to an age of 75 years with premium payment for a duration of 20 years with this policy. The scheme also provides your family with a lump sum payment in cases of death, accidental death, and total permanent disability. You can also receive cash payments annually from the 5th year onwards and get up to 120% maturity benefit with this policy.
- A-Plus Enrich20: A-Plus Enrich20 provides you with a coverage against death and total permanent disability till the age of 75 years with a premium payment for 20 years. The policy comes with guaranteed cash payment, annual dividend from the 5th year, and up to 150% of the sum insured at the time of maturity.
- A-InvestLink: A-InvestLink is an investment-cum-insurance scheme that allows you a flexibility to invest in investment-linked funds according to your needs. The policy comes with an automatic fund balancing to suit your investment goals and provides you with a coverage against death and total permanent disability.
- A-Plus Accident Shield & A-Plus Total Accident Shield: A-Plus Accident Shield & A-Plus Total Accident Shield policy provides you a coverage against cases of death, dismemberment, and total permanent disability caused by accidents. You can also opt for covers against temporary disability and accidents caused by riots with this policy.
- A-Plus Accident Shield-i & A-Plus Total Accident Shield-i: Get protection against accidental death, permanent disablement, and dismemberment with A-Plus Accident Shield-i & A-Plus Total Accident Shield-i. The policy also allows you to enhance the protection by opting for coverage against riots’ induced accidents and temporary disablement caused by an accident.
- Anniversary PA: Obtain protection against serious injuries caused by accidents, reimbursement for the medical and surgical expenses, and reimbursement for your hospital stays for up to 365 days with Anniversary PA. You can also obtain a coverage against death caused by Dengue with this insurance scheme.
- My Family PA: My Family PA insurance policy provides a coverage to the family against accidental death and disability. The policy also covers the medical and surgical expenses for your entire family. In case of death of a family member, the family will get a financial support for future needs with the help of this scheme.
- Twin PA: Twin PA policy provides you a coverage against serious injuries caused by an accident and pays a lump sum amount to your family in case of accidental death. The policy also helps you get reimbursement for the medical and surgical expenses. The plan also provides a cash payment to support you financially in cases of major disability caused by an accident. You can also receive a weekly benefit of 25% for one year with this insurance plan.
Features and Benefits of AIA Life Insurance
- Obtain coverage against cases of total and permanent disability and death with various life insurance policies.
- Get protected from serious injuries and permanent disablement caused by accidents with the help of PA insurance schemes.
- Get coverage for your family with various life insurance packages like My Family PA that provide protection coverage for the entire family.
- Obtain reimbursements for the medical charges, surgical expenses, and other hospital charges with a range of insurance schemes.
- Choose from a range of insured amount available and select the term for premium payment according to your requirements.
- Plan your investment and enhance the protection for your family with multiple investment schemes available.
- Invest in funds and get assistance to gain access to flexible levels of protection and investments with investment schemes.
- Boost the protection and choose from different insured sum levels available.
- Stay protected till the age of up to 100 years with the help of life insurance schemes offered by AIA Life Insurance.
- Save for your child’s education and enhance the protection coverage with the help of A-EduAchieve savings and investment scheme.
- Enhance the protection level with multiple riders available with your insurance schemes.
How to Make a Claim
In order to make a claim, you are required to follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of AIA Malaysia.
- Click on ‘Form Library’.
- Choose the claim type.
- Fill up the application form with the required details.
- Submit the supporting documents for your claim.
The age criteria for these packages are given in the table below:
|Name of the Policy||Minimum Entry Age||Maximum Entry Age|
|A-Life Signature Beyond||18 years||70 years|
|A-Life Signature-i & A-Life Signature-i PlusOne||18 years||70 years|
|A-LifeLink||16 years||70 years|
|A-LifeLink-i||16 years||70 years|
|A-LifeProtectTerm||16 years||65 years|
|A-LifeSecure & A-LifeTimeSecure||14 days||65 years|
|A-Life SuperJunior||14 days||15 years|
|A-Plus Payor & A-Plus PayorCI||16 years||60 years|
|A-Plus Payor-i & A-Plus PayorCI-i||16 years||60 years|
|A-Plus PayorExtra||18 years||60 years|
|A-Plus PayorExtra-i||18 years||60 years|
|A-Plus Disability Cash||14 days||65 years|
|A-Plus Disability Cash-i||14 days||65 years|
|A-Plus Hajj||14 days||60 years|
|A-Plus LifeExtra||18 years||50 years|
|AIA i-Starter Plan||16 years||55 years|
|AIA Starter Plan||16 years||55 years|
|A-Life Joy-i||Pre-natal: Up to 35 weeks of gestation||15 years|
|Post-natal: 14 days|
|A-Life Joy||Pre-natal: Up to 35 weeks of gestation||15 years|
|Post-natal: 14 days|
|AIA i-One Plan||16 years||55 years|
|AIA One Plan||16 years||55 years|
|A-EnrichGold||14 days||65 years|
|A-EnrichGold-i||14 days||65 years|
|A-EduAchieve||14 days||10 years|
|A-Enrich20||14 days||55 years|
|A-Plus Enrich20||14 days||55 years|
|A-InvestLink||14 days||70 years|
|A-Plus Accident Shield & A-Plus Total Accident Shield||16 years||60 years|
|A-Plus Accident Shield-i & A-Plus Total Accident Shield-i||16 years||60 years|
|Anniversary PA||16 years||70 years|
|My Family PA||Individual and spouse: 16 years||Individual and spouse: 70 years|
|Children: 1 month||Children: 18 years|
|Twin PA||Adult plan: 16 years||Adult plan: 70 years|
|Juvenile plan: 1 month||Juvenile plan: 15 years|
Documents Required for Claim
|Total and Permanent Disability||
Please note that to make claims for reimbursement for medical and surgical expenses, critical illnesses claim, and hospital income, you will be required to present a set of documentation that is given at the official website of AIA Insurance Malaysia under the claim section.
AIA Life Insurance Calculator
In order to calculate your budget and coverage requirements, visit AIA Insurance Malaysia’s official website and click on ‘Know your budget and coverage needs’.
AIA Insurance Malaysia offers you a range of life insurance packages. These policies cover unfortunate events of death, dismemberment, serious injuries, and total and permanent disability. The policies also provide compensation and reimbursement for medical and surgical expenses, and support you and your family financially at the time of emergencies.
Q. Can I add more than one nominee to my life insurance policy?
A. Yes, you can have more than one nominee for your life insurance policy.
Q. What are the details of the nominee (or nominees) do I have to present?
A. You must provide the following details of the nominee:
- Date of birth
- Birth certificate number or identification number
- Relationship with the nominee
- Address of the nominee
- Percentage of share for the nominees in case of multiple nominees
Q. How can I make the payment for the insurance premiums?
A. You can pay the insurance premiums via the following modes of payment:
- Mastercard/Visa cards
- Over-the-counter (OTC) payment at any AIA branch.
- Online payment via [email protected]
- Auto-debit using your bank account
- Online payment via Maybank2u
Q. What if I do not pay the monthly premiums for my insurance policy?
A. You will be given a grace period of 31 days to complete your payment. If the payments are not made within the period, your AIA insurance coverage will be discontinued.
Q. Can I cancel my existing insurance plan from AIA?
A. Yes, you will be given a free-look period of 15 days. If you wish to discontinue the policy during this period, you will receive a 100% refund on any premium payments made. However, if you wish to cancel your existing policy after this period, the refund of the premiums paid can vary depending upon the duration you hold the policy for.
Q. Where can I get more details regarding my AIA insurance policy?
A. You can gain more information regarding your insurance products by visiting the official AIA Insurance website or by contacting the institution via its customer service numbers given below:
- Local: 1800 88 1899
- Overseas: 603 2056 1111
- Takaful products: 1300 88 8922