AIG is said to be the world’s largest insurance organization, with over 88 million customers, worldwide. They are said to be leaders in property casualty insurance, life insurance and retirement services, mortgage insurance, and aircraft leasing. AIG has existed in Malaysia since 1953 based out of Kuala Lumpur. However the financial institution became a locally incorporated insurance company in Malaysia only on 1 June 2008. AIG Malaysia has 14 offices and over 3000 professional agents, brokers and staff. The AIG car insurance is one of its most prefered products under general insurance. It is extremely useful for saving and ensuring good coverage for your vehicle.
Why Choose AIG Car Insurance?
Here are some of the most significant reasons why you should choose AIG motor insurance for your vehicles:
- Zero Excess Payment: In the case of accident repairs at panel workshop is necessary for the vehicle, the cost can be claimed with no extra payment under the circumstance.
- Award Winning Claims Service: It is said to have the fastest claim turnaround time, but it is available only with add-on coverage on the basic policy.
- Emergency Road Assistance: is available with added coverage purchasable over the basic policy for quick assistance on the road. The insured can also call for towing, change of tyre or battery and more at 1300 88 3933
- Renew Policy Online, Instantly: With the instant JPJ status update for road tax renewal renewing policies is no more a headache.
- 24x7 Free Emergency road assistance in Malaysia, with add-on coverage. Call: 1300-88-3933
- For accident repairs no additional payment required at any of AIG 300+ panel workshops in Malaysia.
- For Agreed Value Policyholders full payout is given of sum insured based on the total damage of the car.
- Insured can add extra coverage for special perils such as tsunamis, floods storms and landslides, riots and strikes and coverage against windscreen crack or break-in.
Factors Affecting AIG car insurance premium calculation
Here are some of the factors that are considered by insurance providing companies to calculate the premium for your car insurance policy.
- Type of coverage
- Use of vehicle
- NCD allowed
- Sum Assured
- Carrying capacity of the vehicle
- Age of the car
- No. of authorized drivers registered
- Extended coverage feature
AIG Car Insurance Claims
There are 3 main types of claims that can be made against the car insurance from AIG:
Own Damage Claim Due to:
Accident: You need to immediately notify AIG after an accident, immediately. The insured has to then send the vehicle to approved panel workshops. Also certain documents need to be submitted with a duly completed car insurance claim form along with the following documents:
- Copy of driver’s license and ID card involved in the incident
- Copy of insured’s license and ID card
- Copy of insured’s update vehicle registration card
- Certified copy of police report
Windscreen Claim: For windscreen coverage the process remains the same except you would need the following documents:
- Duly filled insurance claim form
- Photos with the car before the repair with vehicle registration number visible in it
- Photos with the car after the repair with vehicle registration number visible in it
- Original Repair Receipt
- Copy of insured’s update vehicle registration card
Theft of Vehicle Claim: The claim settlement for such situations generally take 3 months time. Here the documents required:
- Original Certificate of Insurance and Insurance Policy
- Duly completed car insurance claim form
- Copy of driving license and identity card of Insured
- Release letter (“E-Hakmilik”) or latest outstanding loan statement from the financial institution/bank which finances the purchase of your insured vehicle
- Memorandum & Articles of Association, Form 9, Form 13 (if applicable), Form 24, Form 44 and Form 49 duly certified as true copies by the company secretary (for company vehicle only)
- All of the vehicle's keys
- Copy of Approved Permit & Custom Declaration Form (only for imported vehicle)
- Police investigation result
- Original vehicle registration card duly signed by owner;
Third Party Property Damage Claim:The insured has to immediately notify the other driver and/or owner who were involved in the incident with your insured vehicle in writing about your intention to make insurance claim against him. Also you need hold him responsible, and ask him to notify his insurer. Appoint a licensed adjuster for inspection of the insured vehicle and give the loss assessment/report. In the circumstance that the insured does not have the other driver's contact information, a search can be conducted at Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan / Road Transport Department based on the vehicle’s registration number to identify the insurer of the Third Party vehicle. The following documents need to be submitted as well:
- Police report;
- Adjuster's report together with photographs of damaged insured vehicle;
- Police sketch plan and key;
- Copy of your own vehicle insurance policy;
- Copy of your identity card, driving license and vehicle registration card.
- Police investigation report;
- Original bill and receipt issued by the adjuster for their services;
Third Party Bodily Injury Claim: If the insured is involved in an accident resulting to physical injury or death to any individuals including passengers in the insured vehicle when the accident occurred, the incident must be reported within 24 hours to the police and the insurance company. Don’t negotiate or admit to any liabilities until the insurance agents visit. In case any letter is sent to the insured from the third party the AIG needs to be informed immediately.
AIG Car Insurance FAQs
How to renew AIG motor insurance?
You can renew your auto insurance in any of the following method:
- Renew the policy online
- You can also locate & contact an agent to perform renewal
- Go to a AIG Malaysia customer service counter to perform renewal
What are the fees and charges that I have to pay in sum
You would need to pay stamp duty of RM10.00 and the premiums which are inclusive of Goods & Services Tax (GST) of 6%.
What do I need to do to change my contact details at AIG?
You can contact AIG at their 24/7 online portal and update your policy contact information.
Where Can I Contact AIG for more information?
Here are the basic details for contacting AIG: Office Address: AIG Malaysia Insurance Berhad, Level 18, Menara Worldwide, 198 Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur
Walk In Service Counter : Level 17
Toll Free 1800-88-8811 (within Malaysia)
General Line 603-21180188
Fax 603-2118 0288
Email [email protected]
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (except Public Holidays)