AIG offers Essential PA insurance plan to its customers in Malaysia. The life insurance policy protects you in the case of accidental death, total and permanent disability, and more. The plan also come with an optional rider.
Let’s have a look at the life insurance schemes by AIG.
AIG Life Insurance Plans
|Plan Name||Main Coverage||Coverage Period||Add-on Coverage|
|Essential PA||Injuries, disability, or death caused by accident||Duration for the cover is for 1 year. You can renew the policy up to the age of 75 years||6 plans with optional benefits available|
This insurance policy offers you benefits in case of accidental death, disability, or injuries occurred due to it. You can also attach additional riders with this plan to get more benefits. This scheme offers you round-the-clock global protection. You can renew the policy until the age of 75 years. All types of accidents including motorcycling, natural disasters, burns, electrocution, and fractures are covered under this policy.
Features and Benefits of AIG Life Insurance
- The policy offers lump sum benefits in case of death, disability, or a permanent injury due to an accident.
- You can get hospitalisation benefits based on the type of your plan.
- Obtain bereavement expenses.
- Get 24/7 protection across the globe under these life protection schemes.
- Based on your plan, your coverage can be automatically renewed.
|Plan Name||Nationality Criterion||Age Criteria||Income/Occupation Criteria|
|Essential PA||Malaysians, Permanent Residents, Work Permit/Employment Pass Holders, or otherwise legally employed in Malaysia||Minimum age: 18 years Maximum age: 70 years For children: Minimum age: 30 days Maximum age 18 years or 25 years if financially dependent||Occupational class: Class 1, Class 2, and Class 3|
Required Documents for Claims
- A duly filled applicable policy claim form.
- A medical report from the treating doctor.
- Death certificate (in case of accidental death).
- All available medical reports (in case of permanent disability).
- Details regarding proof and duration of admission to the hospital (in case of hospitalisation).
- A police report on the accident.
Read the fine print carefully before signing up for the policy and provide all the necessary documents as requested by the insurance provider. In case of further queries, you can always reach out to the insurer.
Q. Where can I contact the company representatives for my queries regarding the claiming procedure?
A. You can call up 1800 88 8811 or write an email to [email protected] for any enquiries related to the insurance policy.
Q. Can I cancel my insurance policy?
A. Yes, you can cancel your insurance policy by providing a written notice to the insurance provider. The written notice period should be given minimum 30 days prior.
Q. What are the applicable stamp duty charges for this policy?
A. You will have to pay the stamp duty fee of RM10 for your policy.
Q. Will any Goods and Service Tax be applicable for this policy?
A. The applicable Goods and Service Tax (GST) for this insurance policy is 0%.
Q. When should I make a claim?
A. You must notify the insurance provider within 30 days from the date of accident/loss.