AIG Travel Insurance is a comprehensive travel insurance package that you can buy online and remain worry-free throughout your journey. This policy provides 2 different travel plans – Domestic & Overseas Travel and Student Overseas Travel.
List of AIG Travel Insurance Coverage Plans
AIG offers the following:
- Travel Guard Policy
- Single Trip Plan: In this plan, the coverage duration varies from one day or five days to a maximum of 210 days for overseas trips. In case of a domestic trip, the coverage duration is for 60 consecutive days.
- Annual-Multi Trip Plan: This plan provides coverage duration for 1 year along with unlimited number of overseas trips made during the policy term. The length for each overseas trip is a maximum of 100 consecutive days and the maximum length of each domestic trip is 60 days. You can renew your policy yearly.
- Student Assist Plan
- Classic Plan
- Superior Plan
- Premier Plan
Benefits of AIG Travel Insurance
Features of Domestic & Overseas Travel (for Travel Guard Policy)
- Enjoy 24/7 worldwide travel assistance.
- Get up to RM10 million for medical expenses and RM300,000 as personal accident coverage.
- Medical evacuation and repatriation services.
Benefits of Domestic & Overseas Travel
This policy provides you coverage for overseas medical expenses, any travel delays, emergency medical expenditures, medical evacuation costs, damaged or delayed baggage.
- Reimbursement (non-refundable expenses) in case of trip cancellation due to specific incidents. This will be done within 60 days before your departure.
- Covers you for natural disasters like earthquakes and floods occurring in the destination country.
- Get up to RM10 million for medical expenses and RM300,000 for personal accidents while you travel overseas.
- 24/7 support through its Emergency Assistance Team in the event of any illness or any accidental injury along with hospital attention while travelling abroad.
Features of Student Overseas Travel (for Student Assist Plan)
- Compassionate visit coverage to you while you are studying abroad.
- In the event of your death during your studies abroad, this policy will arrange and pay all the covered expenses to return your remains to Malaysia.
Benefits of Student Overseas Travel
- Tuition fee reimbursement in the event of sudden interruption from studies due to specific events.
- Get medical and personal accident cover while studying abroad.
- Financial security in the event of your sponsor’s accidental death.
- Malaysian individual who travels (domestic or overseas) for leisure and/or business can apply for this policy.
- For Single-Trip plan, the minimum and maximum age criteria is between 30 days and 85 years. For Annual Multi-Trip plan, the age limit is between 18 and 70 years.
- For the Student Assist Plan, your age should be between 15 and 45 years. If you are below 18 years, your parent/guardian shall be the policy holder.
AIG Travel Insurance Premium Calculator
You can get a quote by using the online calculator given on the website. You just need to fill out the form with all necessary details to get an approximate idea of how much you’ll need to pay for the policy.
AIG Travel Insurance Exclusions
This policy does not include the following:
- Any activities relating to the armed forces, motor racing, professional/semi-professional sports, diving between 30 metres.
- Engaging in aerial photography.
- Mental disorder.
- Pre-existing disease.
- HIV AIDS
How Do You Buy AIG Travel Insurance?
You can buy this Insurance in any of the following 2 ways:
- Buy online on AIG’s website.
- Buy through an insurance agent.
AIG Travel Insurance for Foreigners
You can get this policy even if you are a foreigner.
The following documents are required for filing a claim:
- Duly filled up Travel Claim Notification Form.
- Proof of Travel (boarding pass/ e-Ticket)
- Proposal form for manual policy (original)
Besides these documents, you’ll need to submit specific documents for different claims. Just refer AIG’s website for the detailed checklist.
How Do You Make an AIG Travel Insurance Claim?
You can make a claim in the following manner:
- Inform AIG Malaysia of any incident by calling 1800 88 8811. Alternatively, you can fill out the Travel Claim Notification Form and email it to MYClaims@aig.com.
- Get all your supporting documents ready.
- Submit the form along with the documents either by email or send it to the following address:
- Menara Worldwide,
- 198 Jalan Bukit Bintang,
- 55100, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Renewing an AIG Travel Insurance Policy
For the Student Assist plan, you can renew the policy from term to term by paying the premium in advance. For the Travel Guard Insurance policy, you can only renew the Annual plan after taking prior consent from AIG.
- If you have any General and Product Related Queries, you can call 1800 88 8811.
- If you need any help regarding your travel, you can call the 24 Hours Travel Assistance helpline at +60 3 2772 5600
- You can call the 24 Hours Road Assistance helpline at 1300 88 3933 if you need any help while travelling by road.
You can never be too careful when you’re travelling. So, it’s important that you need to be prepared for all eventualities. With AIG Travel Insurance cover, you can have all the fun you want to on your trip without having to worry about what you need to do if the unthinkable happens.
Q. Who is not eligible to buy this policy?
A. All the residents of Iran, Cuba, Syria, North Korea, Sudan and the Crimea region are prohibited to buy this policy.
Q. Can I buy travel insurance for one-way travel as well?
A. Yes. However, coverage will end in 5 days after your departure from Malaysia.
Q. What are the specific documents required for a trip cancellation claim?
A. Here is a list of documents that you need to produce for a trip cancellation claim:
- Medical reports.
- Relationship proof.
- Death Certificate (if applicable).
- Terms and Conditions documents of the travel agency.
- Written confirmation from the travel agent confirming your absence and the refund amount.
Q. What are the fees and charges of the Student Assist Plan?
A. You will have to pay a commission charge of up to 25% and stamp duty of RM10 per policy.
Q. What should I do if there are changes to my contact details?
A. You should immediately inform AIG.
Q. How can I cancel my policy?
A. For Single Trip, the cancellation is at the discretion of AIG and is deemed cancelled upon the cancellation request date if the date falls before your trip/the period of insurance whichever is earlier. You will get your premium refunded for the unexpired term if no claim has been submitted yet. However, you will get no refund after the origination of your trip.
For Annual Multi-Trip, you can cancel the policy by giving a written notification to AIG. The cancellation process for this plan will start from the first day of the calendar month upon the receipt of notice. You will get your refund provided no claim has been submitted.