The AirAsia Travel Insurance policy is a comprehensive travel protection plan that protects you in three stages – before you set off to travel, during your travel, and after your travel. It provides claimable coverage of up to RM300,000. This plan is provided by Tune Protect designed especially for AirAsia travelers.
List of AirAsia Travel Insurance Coverage Plans
- One-way Travel Protection
- Return Travel Protection
- Inbound Travel Protection
Benefits of AirAsia Travel Insurance in Malaysia
- Get reimbursement for medical expenditures due to any accident or sickness during your trip.
- Get round the clock travel assistance from anywhere in the world.
- Get cover for loss or damage to your baggage and personal effects.
- Get covered for trip cancellations if you or any of your family member is hospitalised due to any sickness or accident abroad.
Main Insured: 9 days old to 75 years old
AirAsia Travel insurance for Foreigners
Foreigners/Expats can also buy this travel insurance policy as long as their travel departure is from Malaysia.
AirAsia Travel Insurance Exclusions
The policy does not include the following:
- Pre-existing medical conditions.
- Death or injury due to war, invasion and mutiny.
- Anyone aged below 9 days.
- Army officials on duty.
- Suicide or any self-inflicted injury.
- Treatment of alcoholism or drug abuse.
- Any loss occurred due to an epidemic.
How Do You Buy AirAsia Travel Insurance
You can purchase this policy in any of the following manner:
- Log into the official website or through the AirAsia Mobile App.
- During the web check-in for your flight.
- At any of the AirAsia sales counters in Malaysia airports.
You need to submit the following documents for all claim types:
- Insurance Certificate
- Boarding Pass
- Duly filled up Claims Form
The Air Asia website has a complete list of documents required for specific claims. Check the list for all required documents.
How to Claim AirAsia Travel Insurance
You can submit your claim in two ways:
- Fill up the claim form, attach the required documents, and post the same to the branch. You can send to the following address:
- Tune Protect Malaysia
- Non-Motor Claims Department,
- Level 7, Wisma Tune,
- No.19, Lorong Dungun,
- Damansara Heights
- 50490 Kuala Lumpur
- Visit your nearest branch to hand over the form and the documents to the representative.
- Submit your claim online in 3 steps – complete the online claim form, scan and upload all the relevant documents, and submit online.
- Tune Protect Travel - AirAsia Emergency Hotline Number: +603 7628 3630
- Email: [email protected]
- Claims: [email protected]
Q. What are the different products available under the AirAsia Lifestyle Travel Protection add-on plan?
A. The list below details out the products available under this add-on plan:
- Tune Protect Travel Golf: This covers any loss to your golfing equipment, personal effects, and liability towards the public along with medical expenditures due to any accident occurring while playing golf.
- Tune Protect Travel Shop: This includes any loss of cash or any personal valuables stolen or damaged due to theft. This product also covers ATM withdrawal protection, fraudulent charges, and medical expenses incurred due to theft.
- Tune Protect Travel Winter: This product covers loss, theft or damage to your ski equipment, hiring new equipment, medical expenses due to accidental injuries and Ski Pack costs.
- Tune Protect Travel Adventure: This includes cover for loss, theft or damage to equipment, hiring of new equipment, coverage for medical expenses resulting from accidental injuries and liability to the public.
Q. Can I submit more than one claim?
A. Yes. If you opt for online claim submission, you can submit 3 claims simultaneously.
Q. If I submit my claim manually, what is the claim processing time that I should expect?
A. In case of manual claim submission, it will take about 30 days to process the claim once all the documents are verified.
Q. Can I continue my medical treatment for injuries occurred while vacationing abroad once I return to Malaysia?
A. Yes. You can continue your treatment once you return to Malaysia from your trip. However, the initial treatment should be received during the trip, and the expenses should be incurred within 30 days after the expiry of your policy.
Q. What is the Inbound Travel Protection plan?
A. This plan is designed especially for AirAsia’s passengers who enter Malaysia from Nepal, Korea, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, and Mauritius.
Travel Insurance is quite helpful especially while traveling abroad. Get adequate insurance to enjoy your travel. Contact Tune Protect for any assistance with your AirAsia travel insurance policy.