Alliance Bank Malaysia Berhad offers a range of insurance products under general insurance and life insurance. It offers the Comprehensive Motor Assurance plan for private cars. Read through this guide for more information on this plan.
List of Alliance Bank Car Insurance Cover Plans
Comprehensive Motor Insurance Plan: This plan covers third-party physical injuries and death. It also provides cover loss or damage to a third party’s property. Damages or loss of your vehicle due to fire, theft, or accident is also covered under this insurance plan.
Benefits of Alliance Bank Car Insurance:
- Get cover against damage caused to your vehicle due to an accident.
- Get cover for accidental fire or theft..
- Get cover for third-party liability that includes death, injury and damage to their vehicle.
- Get MSIG Motor Assist facility which is available 24X7.
- Access several authorised workshops across Malaysia.
- Get Emergency Roadside Repair Services and Towing facility.
- Get alternative transport to your home in the event of an accident.
- Choose add-on options to include cover for personal accident and windscreen
- Get additional cover for loss or damages caused by floods, landslide and storms.
- Age Criteria:
- Minimum age: 18 years
- Maximum age: 75 years
- Vehicle Sum Insured: RM300,000 or less
- Vehicle’s age: Maximum 15 years
Alliance Bank Car Insurance Plan Exclusions
This plan does not offer cover for the following:
- Drunk driving
- War and nuclear attack
- Floods,storms and other natural disasters.
Obtain cover for some of the exclusions by attaching additional options with additional premium.
How to Buy Alliance Car Insurance Online
- Go to the official website of Alliance Bank Malaysia Berhad and click on the ‘Apply Now’ tab.
- Fill in an online form with all mandatory details about yourself and your car.
- Submit the form where an insurance representative will contact you soon to assist you.
- A completed claim form
- A copy of driver’s licence
- Details about car registration number
- A copy of road tax receipt
- Any other documents as mentioned by the bank
How to Claim Alliance Bank Car Insurance
- Notify the claims department as soon as possible.
- Submit the claim form within 7 days of the incident along with required documents.
- Submit your claim within 30 days in case of hospitalisation or physical disability due to the incident.
Renew Alliance Bank Car Insurance Plan
Visit the nearest branch to renew your car insurance policy.
- Customer Care: 03-5516 9988
- MSIG Insurance: 1800-88-6163
Q. How often do I have to renew this policy?
A. This policy is valid only for one year. You need to renew your insurance cover every year.
Q. Will the insurer allow a delay in submitting my claim?
A. If you can provide a valid reason for delay along with sufficient proof, the insurer may allow you a longer notification period.
Q. What is the maximum age limit for Driver’s Personal Accident Insurance add-on plan?
A. The maximum age limit applicable for an insured individual is 75 years.
Q. What are the applicable fees and charges I need to pay for obtaining this insurance plan?
A. You will have to bear the following costs on your car insurance policy:
- Goods and Service Tax (GST) = 6% of your premium
- Stamp Duty Charges = RM10
- Commission paid to the bank = 10% of your premium
Q. Am I eligible for a No Claim Discount on my Comprehensive Motor Assurance plan?
A. You will be entitled for a No Claim Discount (NCD) on this plan if you have not made any claims.
Getting a car insurance policy is mandatory in Malaysia. Calculate the market value of your car before you decide on a policy. Get your car insured for an adequate sum. Cultivate a safe driving habit to maintain a low-risk profile.