Allianz Malaysia Berhad (AMB) is a subsidiary of the Allianz Group which is said to be one of the leading integrated financial services providers in the world specializing in insurance. AMB, an investment holding company has two insurance subsidiaries - Allianz Life Insurance Malaysia Berhad (“ALIM”) and Allianz General Insurance Company (Malaysia) Berhad (“AGIC”). The Malaysian Allianz has 35 branches in major cities in the country.
Allianz Travel Insurance is a product of the Allianz Global Assistance. Allianz Travel Insurance operates in over 65 countries besides Malaysia. Allianz Global Assistance speak 58 languages and own a network of over 400,000 medical and non-medical institutions. You could be traveling for business or leisure, domestically or internationally, solo or with your family, and have the Allianz Global Assistance travel insurance plans that you can stay worry-free and secured financially in case any unprecedented incident or event occurs. Allianz Travel Insurance is available with several categories at a customer’s disposal.
Benefits and Features of Allianz Travel Insurance
The Allianz Travel Insurance provides some great benefits and covers a whole array of travel inconveniences and medical conditions:
- Allianz Travel Insurance has a wide range of non=medical and medical partners all over the world, with the intention to serve people wherever they make plans for traveling from Malaysia.
- The insurance covers you for travel rerouting, cancellation and other travel related mishaps where you are left with no financial aid.
- Lost baggage is covered under this insurance to make sure that you are not left troubled, and helpless providing you financial aid to sustain yourself for the time-being.
- Lost, damaged or even stolen luggage benefit includes:
- Trip Cancellation Protection includes reimbursement for non-refundable trip payments and deposits.
- Trip Interruption Protection:helps the insured when trips start on time and end prematurely due to forces of nature and other circumstances that beyond anyone’s control. This benefit includes reimbursement for unused costs and transportation costs to return home.
Allianz Travel Insurance Schemes
There are several types of travel insurance products available from Allianz:
- Annual:If you're a frequent traveler, regardless for leisure or business, you'll save more on year-round coverage, making it also convenient for you not apply for a travel insurance for each trip.
- Domestic: If you are traveling within malaysia, you can still avail a travel insurance without any hesitation.
- International: This covers everything from cost of a medical emergencies where your health care plan may not be able to aid you. Also, all the travel inconveniences are met with aid through this coverage.
Allianz Travel Insurance Claim Submission
Allianz Travel Insurance allows you to initiate your claim online and even upload your claim documentation. After you have initiated your claim online, you can check your claim status on the website. Simply fill in the details in the, "File a Claim" section. You will need some documentations ready before you go ahead. The claim documentation required depends on the coverage aspect of your claim. Here are a few things you need to keep in mind when filing a claim :
- Copies of all your documents and receipts for your personal records.
- You need to refer your claim number on every piece of documentation submitted.
- Once all necessary information has been obtained, we will process your claim within seven business days.
Note: If you are filing a claim for medical reasons, you must send us a completed Physician's Statement Form available on the website.
Allianz Travel Insurance FAQs
Does Allianz Travel Insurance cover me for terrorist attacks?
It depends a lot on the situation. However, this too is possible if you opt for a separate rider if available for the area you are traveling to.
If I do not speak the native language of the final destination will I get any aid?
Allianz Global Assistance is a hotline for your travel emergencies and the customer care executives are fluent in over 58 languages.
What benefit does ‘travel delay’ allow me?
It provides reimbursement for meals and accommodations when a transportation to or from a destination is unexpectedly delayed for six or more hours.
Do I get coverage for dental treatment if i take the Allianz Travel Insurance?
Yes, but under the condition that the dental emergency has been a result of an incident or accident during the traveling and not pre-existing.
What are the documentations required for filing a Allianz Travel Insurance Claim?
The general documents that may be necessary include:
- Receipts and itemized bills of all expenses made for the claim.
- Original of any refunds or expense allowances received from the tour operator, travel agency, property management company, Common Carrier, resort, or other entity.
- You may need a copy of Resort Invoice/Vacation Rental Contract or Confirmation.
In the case of Lost/Stolen Baggage Insurance Claims:
- Original police report or other report from local authorities.
- Original claim determination received from the Common Carrier, if applicable.
- Original receipts or credit card statement along with the list of stolen, lost or damaged items.
- Proof of loss along with amount of loss, time, date and cause of loss.