Allianz brings you Allianz Travel Care - a travel insurance plan that provides complete protection to you and your loved ones during your overseas and domestic holidays. You have the flexibility to choose from 8 different travel plans with this policy.
List of Allianz Travel Insurance Coverage Plans
- Adult Plan: This plan is best suited for individual travellers who want to go for a business trip or a short weekend getaway.
- Adult Annual Plan: This plan covers your whole year‘s trips and is ideal for frequent travellers.
- Child Plan: This plan is specially designed for minors and takes care of all their travel-related needs.
- Family Plan: This travel plan covers all that is necessary keeping in mind the different ages of your family members.
- Child Annual Plan: This plan covers students who are studying in Malaysia and need to travel on assignments.
- Senior Citizen Plan: This plan takes care of the travel needs of senior citizens.
Benefits of Allianz Travel Insurance
- Coverage for accidental death and permanent disability when you’re travelling.
- Emergency transport to a medical facility in the vicinity.
- Get compensation for delay in your journey due to a hijack.
- For Adult Plan/Adult Annual Plan: The minimum age is 18 years and the maximum age is 70 years.
- For Child Plan/Child Annual Plan: The age should be between thirty days and 17 years.
- For Senior Citizen Plan: The policyholder should be between 71 and 80 years.
- For Family Plan: The insured person’s wife should be aged between 18 to 70 years and the children should be aged between 1 month and 21 years.
- This policy is available to all Malaysians and permanent residents, work permit holders and foreigners who are legally employed in Malaysia.
Allianz Travel Insurance for Foreigners
Foreigners can also buy this travel policy.
Allianz Travel Insurance Premium Calculator
The premium is one of the most important deciding factors for a travel insurance policy. To get an idea of what you would need to pay for travel insurance cover, you can use an online premium calculator. All you have to do is enter some mandatory details, like your destination, travel period, and the number of travellers.
With an approximate premium in mind, you can decide if you want to buy the policy.
Allianz Travel Insurance Exclusions
This policy does not provide coverage for death or injury caused by:
- Any prohibitive customs regulations/government officials, delay, detention, damage, requisition, destruction etc.
- Dangerous adventure.
- Radiation from any nuclear waste.
- Pre-Existing Conditions.
- Pregnancy, abortion or miscarriage.
- Riot, lockout or threat of such incident.
- The radioactive toxic explosive.
- War, invasion, rebellion, revolution, martial law etc.
How Do You Buy Allianz Travel Insurance?
If you’re interested in buying this policy, just visit Allianz’s website to get a detailed quote. You’ll then have an option to buy the policy if you’re happy with the quote.
The following documents are required:
For Personal Accident/Illness
- Medical Report
- Death Certificate
- Hospital Discharge Summary
- Receipts for travelling and accommodation expenses
- Car rental agreement (original)
For Travel Delay/Cancellation/Missed Departure
- Written confirmation from the airlines.
- Receipts for additional accommodation and travel expenses (original).
- Booking confirmation proof
- Tour operator’s cancellation invoice
- Medical report
- Relationship proof
- Original bills of claim amount
For Baggage Delay/Loss
- Written confirmation from the airlines
- Police report
- Currency exchange slip
- Property irregularity report from airlines
- Relevant documents from third party.
- Police report
How Do You Make an Allianz Travel Insurance Claim?
In order to submit your claim, you need to fill out the Allianz Travel Care Insurance Claim Form and submit the necessary documents to the branch.
For any queries, you can call 1-300-88-1028
You can also send a fax to 03-22641199
Alternatively, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Allianz Travel Insurance is the ideal form of coverage for all kinds of travel plans. With this cover, you can do all that you wanted to on your vacation without having to worry too much about any eventualities.
Q. What are the applicable fees and charges?
A. You have to pay a Stamp Duty of RM10 and a commission of up to 25% of the premium amount.
Q. How can I cancel my policy?
A. If you want to cancel your policy, you will have to giving a written notification to Allianz. The cancellation will be effective on the date the notification is received. You will not get any refund of the premium. This is subject to the terms and conditions specified in the scheme.
Q. What sort of claims are not covered?
A. The claims that are incurred due to any nuclear, chemical or biological weapons/events are not covered.
Q. When can I get the Travel Curtailment reimbursement?
A. Travel Curtailment reimbursement is only payable when you (Insured Person) need to limit/curtail your trip due to the hospitalisation caused by accidental injuries/death/illness of you, your immediate family member or your travel partner.
Q. How much accidental death coverage does the Senior Citizen plan provide?
A. Under this plan, you will get a accidental death coverage of RM100,000.
Q. What are the occupations that are not allowed to take this policy?
A. The people from the following occupation are not allowed to buy this policy:
- Flight crew members (unless he/she is a passenger)
- Train crew members
- Aerial photographers
- People working in mines
- Navy/military/air force personnel
- Workers handling explosives