AmBank offers motor insurance products under AmAssurance. You can choose comprehensive cover for your car as well as additional personal accident cover to enhance your coverage.
Benefits of AmBank Car Insurance:
- Get insurance coverage for any loss or damage to your car due to fire, theft or accident.
- Get cover for third-party liability such as bodily injury and death.
- Get cover for loss or damage to third-party property.
- Add optional coverages to get protection for accidental death and disability.
- Get additional cover for drivers or passengers in your car.
- Minimum age is 17 years and above.
AmBank Car Insurance Exclusions
The major exclusions are:
- No cover if you or your authorised driver were under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- No cover if your car was used for any unlawful purpose.
- No cover if your car participated in a motor sport, competition or a speed test.
- No cover if the number of passengers or the load weight was above the permissible limit.
- No cover for any liability, loss or damage caused by an unauthorised driver.
- No cover for any loss or damage due to an act of terrorism, war, strike, civil commotion or riots.
- No cover for any loss or damage caused by an act of nature such as floods, storms or landslides.
You can refer to the policy contract for the full list of exclusions.
How to Buy AmBank Car Insurance?
- Visit your nearest branch: You can find a map of all branches across Malaysia on the AmAssurance website. Get the address and contact details of your nearest branch and visit to buy a policy.
- Contact an insurance agent: You can find a list of all AmBank insurance agents across Malaysia on the AmAssurance website. Contact a nearest agent to buy a policy.
- Submit an enquiry form: Complete and submit an online enquiry form on the AmAssurance website. An agent will contact you to assist you with this process.
Documents Required to File a Claim
Basic documents include:
- Copy of your driving license
- Copy of your vehicle registration number
- Copy of the police report
- Completed claim form
- Any other document required to process a claim
How to Claim AmBank Car Insurance?
Notify AmAssurance immediately in the event of an accident, theft or fire. Obtain a claim form from AmAssurance agents, panel workshops, branches or the head office. Complete and submit the claim form along with required documents to start the claim process.
You can also obtain a claim form through fax. Fax a request including basic information such as car registration number, accident date, policy number, type of claim and your contact details. You will receive a claim form through fax which you can complete and submit to the claims department.
How to Renew AmBank Car Insurance?
Contact your insurance agent or visit your nearest branch to renew your policy.
- Customer Service Hotline: 1300 80 3030
- Accident Assist: 1300 22 1188
Q. What are the additional covers available for this insurance?
A. The additional covers available are:
- AmDrive Plus: Get increased sum insured with 24-hours coverage along with auto assistance service.
- AmPro Personal Accident: Get cover for accidental death and disability in Malaysia and overseas.
Q. What are the fees and charges associated with this insurance?
A. The fees and charges for this policy are:
- Agent commission: 10% of the total premium (if applicable)
- Stamp Duty: RM10.00
- Goods and Services Tax: 6% of the total premium
Q. What are the optional benefits available on this policy?
A. Some of the optional benefits include passenger liability cover, windscreen damage, cover for damages due to floods or landslides and compensation for loss of use of your car due to repairs.
Q. What would happen if I under-insure my car?
A. In the event of a claim, you will be covered only up to your sum insured. You need to pay for any difference on your own.
Q. Should I insure my car for a specific value?
A. Yes. The sum insured of your car should be based on the market value of your car at the time of application.
Q. How can I find out the market value of my car?
A. The market value of your car would be calculated using an approved market valuation system. You will be informed of your car market value during the time of application.
Q. How can I cancel my policy?
A. You can cancel your policy by submitting a written cancellation request.
Q. Would I get any refund if I cancel my policy?
A. You may get a refund based on a pro-rata basis. This refund would be subject to terms of your policy. You would be informed of the refund during your policy cancellation if you are eligible for it.
Q. Is there a time period to report a claim?
A. Yes. You need to notify a claim within 7 days from the date of loss. You need to submit a completed claim form along with the required documents within 21 days from the notification date.
Ambank provides round-the-clock customer service and accident assistance. If you have any enquiries regarding your car insurance policy, get in touch with customer service or visit your nearest branch. You can even address any complaints or concerns to an insurance agent. If you are interested, you can read more about the importance of car insurance before you take up a policy.