AmMetLife Insurance Berhad (AmMetLife) offers a variety of insurance products to its customers in Malaysia. This also includes a wide range of life insurance plans. Find out more about the various life protection schemes available with AmMetLife before you decide to purchase a policy.
Types of AmMetLife Life Insurance Plans
- This plan is designed to protect your family in event of your death or total and permanent disability (TPD).
- It also offers cover for cancer, and additional cover for death due to an accident.
- This scheme provides investment options, and allows you to choose the tenure as per your convenience.
- This regular premium term plan offers cover for 20 years.
- The nominee will receive 100% of the sum assured in the event death or total and permanent disability (TPD) of the life insured.
- This insurance policy is linked to investments.
- Choose any product from 11 different investment-linked funds available with this plan.
- ProtectSecure Style+ also offers partial withdrawals from your funds.
- This is a traditional 20-year term plan which protects you and your loved ones in the event of TPD, death or any one of 36 critical illness.
- This plan provides extra 100% disbursement on the basic sum assured if the life insured is diagnosed with cancer.
- This plan offers monthly premium starting from RM150.
- ProtectSecure Prime provides double cover with 200% of the initial sum assured, from policy year 11 till the end of the policy year of age 61 (on the next birthday), in the event of death or TPD.
- This is an investment-linked policy that provides cover of up to RM1 million in case of total and permanent disability (TPD).
- It also provides critical illness cover of up to RM1 million till the age of 99 years.
- Partial withdrawal facility is also provided to the customers.
- Get the flexibility of switching your investment funds to increase your fund value.
- This investment-linked policy cover starts from an annual investment of RM1,200.
- You can pay on monthly, quarterly, or half-yearly basis.
- Choose to top-up your premium at any given point of time, to increase the maturity value of your policy.
- Partial withdrawal facility is also available.
- This insurance policy provides a guaranteed cash value to meet your financial commitments.
- Upon death or TPD of the life insured, the beneficiary can get the higher amount between the basic sum assured and the guaranteed cash value.
Benefits of AmMetLife Insurance Plans:
- Choose from 8 different life protection plans.
- Get cover for death, total and permanent disability (TPD), and 36 critical illnesses.
- Withdraw partial funds from investment-linked policies.
- Invest in 11 different funds.
- Get death and TPD benefits starting as early as from 30 days of birth.
- Choose to pay your premium on monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, or yearly basis.
- Get a critical illness cover till the age of 99 years.
- Switch between funds offered by AmMetLife.
- Add multiple riders to your insurance policy.
There are different eligibility criteria for the life insured and the policy buyer/owner.
- Eligibility for a policy purchaser/owner:
- Minimum age: 18 years
- Maximum age: Up to 60 years (based on your plan)
- Eligibility for life insured:
- Minimum age: 30 days
- Maximum age: Up to 100 years
- The ProtectSecure Style+ plan is available exclusively for the participating branches in Klang Valley.
- A copy of MyKad (both sides)
- Latest salary slips for 3 to 6 months
- Latest bank statements for 3 to 6 months
- Medical or health declaration certificate (If required)
- Any other document as requested by the insurer
AmMetLife Insurance Policy for Foreigners (Expats)
Presently, AmMetLife offers life insurance policies to Malaysian citizens only.
AmMetLife Insurance Policy Claims:
- Notify any claim within 90 days from the date of loss.
- Notify your insurance provider by visiting the nearest office or via telephone, fax, email, or written statement.
- Get all necessary forms required to process your claim.
- Fill these forms with mandatory information, and attach all the required documents to it.
- Submit this paperwork to AmMetLife representatives to process your claim.
- Telephone: 1300 88 8800
- Fax: 603 2171 3000
- Email: [email protected].
How to Cancel AmMetLife Insurance Policy
- Cancel your AmMetLife insurance plan by contacting a representative at AmMetLife Insurance Berhad.
- Call the Customer Care Centre via hotline 1300 88 8800, or visit the AmMetLife official website to process your cancellation request.
If you are looking for a life insurance plan that provides you protection and opportunities for investment, choose any suitable plan from the schemes offered by AmMetLife Insurance Berhad.
Q. Do I get additional cover in case of accidental death?
A. Yes, some insurance plans such as AmMetLife ProtectElite offer additional cover to your family/loved ones in case of any accidental death. They can get up to 200% of additional cover on the basic sum assured.
Q. What are the different riders that I can obtain?
A. The different riders available are Critical Illness Rider, Payor Benefit Rider, Payor Dread Disease Waiver of Premium and Dread Disease Waiver of Premium.
Q. Do I need to pay any charges for partial withdrawal?
A. Yes. You need to pay a fee for each partial withdrawal you make. Ensure that you have maintained a sufficient account of balance while withdrawing the funds, to keep your insurance policy active.
Q. What happens if I fail to pay my premium on time?
A. Your insurance policy may lapse if you fail to pay your premium even after a grace period of 30 days.
Q. What are the different types of claims applicable for AmMetLife insurance policies?
A. You can make the following claims:
- Death Claim
- Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) Claim
- Accidental Benefits Claim
- Personal Accident/Accident Indemnity Claim
- Hospitalisation Benefits Claim (HMR and AM Special Medicare)
- Critical Illness Claim or Dread Disease Waiver of Premium