AXA Affine Life Insurance berhad is one of the leading insurance providers in Malaysia and it offers multiple insurance facilities that include health and life insurance, home insurance, travel and personal accident insurance, etc. Under the life protection schemes of the AXA Affin Life Insurance facility, you can get two types of covers. One is a basic life protection cover that offers two plans and other offers a hospitalisation cover.
Let’s have a look at the types of the insurance policy covers:
Types of AXA Affin Life Insurance
1. Life 80: This is a life protection plan that comes with optional benefits on death/bereavement. However, the Insurance Plan does not cover suicidal death within one year of the policy issue date or any date of reinstatement.
2. eLife Protector: The life insurance plan is a non-participating pure protection plan designed to benefit your family in case of your death. The plan is offered for a term period of one year.
3. Hospital and Life Protector: The plan covers you and offers cash benefits in case of hospitalisation due to illness or sudden death caused by an accident. On hospitalisation, you can get daily benefit of up to RM750. This includes cash benefit of RM250 for hospitalisation due to sickness, double daily cash benefit up to RM500 for admission due to dengue, and triple daily cash benefit up to RM750 if hospitalised under intensive care unit (ICU).
Features and Benefits of AXA Affin Life Insurance
- Depending on the scheme, the life insurance plan provides you or your loved ones with financial benefits on death, hospitalisation, and bereavement.
- The plan offers many supplementary benefits that offer a flexible choice to build contingency funds.
- eLife Protector plan pays a lump-sum payment of 100% of the basic sum that is insured in the event of death during the policy period. It also pays added 100% of the basic sum insured in the event of insurer’s death due to accident during policy the term.
- The life insurance provides a grace period of 31 days to make your premium payment.
- You can cancel your policy by giving a written notice to the insurer. No cash surrender value is involved upon cancellation of the plan.
- You do not require to go through any medical examination to enrol for a plan such as eLife Protector.
- You can apply for the insurance policy online directly through the official website.
- Hospital and Life Protector plan also comes with maturity benefits.
AXA Affin Life Insurance Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality criterion: A Malaysian citizen or permanent resident of Malaysia can apply for the insurance schemes.
- Minimum age: 16 years
- Maximum age: 55 to 65 years (depending upon the scheme)
AXA Life Insurance Claims
To claim your insurance policy, you need to send a written notice to the insurer within the period designated by the insurer. After providing the notice, you need to submit the proofs for your claim that may include hospitalisation related documents, bills, receipts, etc. The collected documents need to be submitted with a prescribed form.
AXA Affin Life Insurance Contact Number
If you have any doubt or query regarding the insurance plans, you can contact the insurer officials on the hotline: (+603) 2170 8282 or write an email to [email protected]. Any doubts regarding the insurance claim can be raised to [email protected] or through the hotline: (+603) 2170 8282.
How to Cancel AXA Affin Life Insurance Policy
You can cancel the insurance policy by sending an official notice to the insurer. However, a financial commitment of one year is required to buy this policy. No cash surrender value is granted on cancellation of the policy.
AXA Affin Life Insurance FAQs
Q. In case of accidental or natural death, how soon do I need to submit the claim?
A. The insurer requires you to submit the claim within 30 days of the incident. A completed claim must be submitted with all valid supporting documents.
Q. When will I get an update of my submitted claim?
A. Once you have submitted the claim with all valid proofs, the insurer will revert with a claim decision within 14 working days.
Q. What are the documents that need to be submitted along with the claim form?
A. While claiming the AXA Affin Life Insurance policy, you need to submit the following documents:
- Certified true copy of identity proof of the insured and claimant
- Any relationship proof between the claimant and insured
- A draft of valid death certificate
- A draft of burial certificate
If the death is caused due to illness, the following additional documents are necessary:
- Doctor’s repost and/or post mortem report
- Police report stating the cause of the accident
- Newspaper cutting (if any)
Q. Where can a Death Claim Form be obtained?
A. You can find the Death Claim Form on the official website of the insurer. The form is available in both English and Malay language for the convenience of the submitter.
Q. What type of cover is given for eLife Protector plan?
A. You can get a cover for one year for this plan and it can be repurchased annually.
Q. Do I need to undergo a medical examination while purchasing the eLife Protector plan?
A. There is no need to undergo a medical inspection. All you need to do is answer 3 health-related questions.