Berjaya Sompo Insurance Berhad is a subsidiary of Sompo Holdings Group offering general insurance policies to Malaysians. The insurance company operates in about 211 cities across 32 countries in regions such as Asia, South America, North America, Central America, Europe, Oceania, and Africa. Read on to know more about the insurance products offered by Berjaya Sompo.
Types of Insurance Plans available in Berjaya Sompo
- Motor Insurance Plans:
- Private Motor Insurance: The policy covers the loss/damage to your motor vehicle and/or the loss/damage you cause to a third party’s vehicle or property. The policy also covers death or bodily injury you happen to cause to another person.
- Accident Support Repair Plus: You can add this rider to your existing comprehensive motor insurance policy in order to get additional benefits, such as spray painting of the whole vehicle and reimbursement of betterment cost.
- Personal Accident Plans:
- Ultima Care P.A.: Get 24-hour worldwide protection with the policy should an unfortunate event cause death, injury or permanent disability.
- Ultima V2 P.A.: The policy offers benefits in addition to the death and permanent disability cover. You can get an additional 50% Renewal Bonus and a Terrorism cover of up to RM20,000 for free.
- Ultima V3 P.A.: The policy offers bereavement allowance for death due to illnesses, such as Dengue, Malaria, and Japanese Encephalitis. It also covers coma due to an accident.
- Individual P.A.: The policy allows you to choose the cover you need from the available list of options based on your lifestyle. Some of the available free-of-charge covers include natural disasters, intoxication, food poisoning, and motorcycling.
- Lady P.A.: A comprehensive insurance policy designed for ladies that reimburses the expenses, such as for traditional treatment, hospital room as a result of certain illnesses, medical equipment, and the costs of a medical report or post-mortem report.
- Traveller’s P.A.: The policy provides protection when you are travelling on a vacation, excursion trips, or business trips. You get the freedom to choose the amount of coverage you wish for personal accident and medical expenses.
- Domestic Maid P.A.: The policy is meant for the employers who wish to get an insurance for their domestic maids. The policy covers personal accident, hospital & surgical expenses, and repatriation expenses and can be renewed up to an age of 70 years.
- Auto Plus P.A.: The policy covers the rider/driver and the passengers/pillion rider against accidents. The policy takes care of your family in case of death, disablement, and any medical expenses arising from the accident.
- Easy Rider P.A.: Easy Rider provides protection to everybody riding in your car. The policy also covers you against accidents caused by any vehicle in addition to your card. The premiums start at 22 sens per day.
- Motorcyclist Care P.A.: Get coverage for death and permanent disability against accident caused when you are riding or alighting from a motorcycle. You can also expect a bereavement benefit of RM500 irrespective of the plan you choose.
- Health Insurance Plans:
- SOMPO Health: This is a comprehensive health policy—provides cashless hospital admission to the panel hospitals in Malaysia. The policy covers outpatient kidney dialysis, cancer treatment, and outpatient physiotherapy. You can renew the policy until you reach an age of 100 years.
- Living Care: Get a lump sum when you are diagnosed with any of the listed critical illnesses and cannot survive up to 14 days after such diagnosis. The listed illnesses are blindness, brain surgery, coma, kidney failure, heart valve surgery, multiple sclerosis, and surgery to the aorta.
- Travel Insurance Plans:
- Sompo Travel Plus: The policy covers you when you travel in Malaysia and abroad. The policy covers injury, disability, and death.
- Other Insurance Plans:
- Personal Liability: The plan covers your legal liability if you happen to cause loss/damage to third party’s property and cause bodily injury to a third party.
- Golfer’s Insurance Plan: The policy covers you against liability, loss/damage to golf equipment and personal items, personal accident, and hole-in-one.
- Home Insurance Plans: The insurer offers 2 home insurance plans—Houseowners/Householders and Home Care. Both the plans cover your house and the contents of the house.
Features & Benefits of Berjaya Sompo Insurance
- Motor Insurance:
- Get loss/damage, fire, and third-party coverage for your motorcycle and/or private car.
- The age of the vehicle must be within 15 years to get the cover.
- Your age must be between 24 years and 65 years.
- Enjoy no claim discount when you renew your policy.
- Personal Accident Insurance Plans:
- Your age must be between 16 years and 70 years if you want to buy a personal accident insurance policy.
- Get optional kidnap and terrorism cover.
- The coverage can go up to RM1 million based on your affordability.
- Health Insurance:
- You can get the policy if you are a Malaysian between the ages of 19 to 60 years.
- The policy is renewable up to 65 years or 100 years based on the policy you choose.
- The sum assured can go up to RM500,000.
- Get critical illness cover and hospitalisation & surgical expense cover under the health insurance category.
- Travel Insurance Plans:
- The travel policy comes in two variants—Elite and Basic.
- Anyone between the age of 31 days and 80 years can get the benefits of the policy.
- Get a short-term cover i.e. up to 31 days.
- The policy can be extended in the multiples of a week thereafter.
- Other Insurance Plans:
- A Personal Liability policy must be renewed annually.
- The Golfer’s Insurance policy provides a coverage of up to RM500,000 for legal liability to the public.
- Get home protection at a premium as low as RM60.
|Customer Service||Domestic—1 800 889 933 International—03 2170 7300 Operating Hours—Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.|
|Breakdown Services/Roadside Assistance||1800 18 8033|
|Email Address||[email protected]|
Choose from the wide range of insurance products offered by Berjaya Sompo and go on with your routine without worries. The fine print of the policy document gives you the complete information on how the policy covers you.
Q. How do I get to know the status of my motor claims application?
A. You can check the status of your motor claims application on the official website of Berjaya Sompo. Just enter your policy details in the form and submit to know the current status of your application.
Q. What benefits does the Accident Assist provide?
A. The Accident Assist Call Centre provides immediate roadside assistance if your car is crashed. You can also contact the call centre if you need guidance on how to go about motor claims application.
Q. Should I pay a commission to the intermediaries?
A. Yes. You have to pay a commission to the intermediaries. However, the commission of 25% will be included in the premium amount.
Q. What should I do if I want to cancel my policy?
A. You can give a written notice to the insurance company that you wish to cancel the policy. Based on the contents of your policy document, you may receive a refund of the premium you have paid.
Q. How do I submit a claims application?
A. You have to fill the claims form and provide all the required documents to support your claim application. The documents required vary based on the type of claim you make. You can submit the documentation to the nearest branch office.