Berjaya Sompo Travel Insurance provides coverage in the event of accidental death, injury, or disability during your trip. You can also get reimbursement for all the expenses incurred by you for any travel inconveniences during your travel period. This policy covers both Single Trip and Annual Trip.
List of Berjaya Sompo Travel Insurance Coverage Plans:
- Elite: This plan provides coverage for everything including personal accident, emergency medical evacuation, medical expenses, and travel inconveniences.
- Basic: This plan provides coverage for accidental death, permanent and total disability, medical and hospital expenses, compassionate visit and repatriation of the mortal remains.
- Traveller’s P.A.: This plan covers you while you are on your holiday, business trips, or excursions. You get coverage right from the time you depart from your residence until you return home. With this plan, you can enjoy the flexibility of choosing your own coverage based on your needs.
Benefits of Berjaya Sompo Travel Insurance:
- This policy provides death benefit as well as permanent disability benefit.
- Get 24-Hour Medical Assistance during your trip.
- This policy covers your travel inconveniences including trip cancellation, travel delay or travel curtailment by providing compensation for the expenses incurred.
- Any Malaysian citizens, Permanent Residents, valid work permit holders can apply for this policy.
- The minimum age requirement is 30 days and the maximum is 80 years.
Berjaya Sompo Travel insurance for Foreigners
Expats are eligible to apply for this policy.
Berjaya Sompo Travel Insurance Premium Calculator
You can get a quote to assess the premium payable for this insurance with the help of a calculator available on the website. Fill the necessary fields including Destination, Travel As, Type of Trip, and Date to get a quote.
Berjaya Sompo Travel Insurance Exclusions
The policy excludes the following:
- Suicide and self-inflicted injuries
- Any pre-existing medical conditions
- Influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Mental or nervous disorders
- Engaging in any professional sports/hazardous adventures
- Unlawful activity
- Crew members of an aircraft
- Any complications relating to childbirth, pregnancy and miscarriage
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) or AIDS Related Complex (ARC)
How Do You Buy Berjaya Sompo Travel Insurance
You can buy this policy through the company website. Get a quote and proceed with an online payment to buy a policy.
For Personal Accident Claim, the following documents are required:
- Duly-filled Claim Form
- Medical Report from the attending doctor
- Medical bills
- Sick leave certificates, if any
- Police report in case of fatal accident
In the event of a fatal accident, the following documents are required:
- Death Certificate
- Post Mortem Report
- Burial Certificate
- Letter of Administration
How to Claim Berjaya Sompo Travel Insurance
You will have to give a written notification to the company within a month of the occurrence of any incident such as an injury, accident or loss. Submit the necessary documents and the original bills/receipts.
Renew Berjaya Sompo Travel Insurance
You can only renew the Annual Plan policy.You can renew the policy on the anniversary date. This policy is renewable at the effective premium rates specified at that time. You will get a 30 days prior notice in case of change in premium.
Request for an upgrade to a higher plan during the renewal time if required. However, this would be subject to the insurer’s discretion.
- Customer Service: 1 800 889 933
- Overseas Emergency Assistance: +603-2166 3380
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Level 36, Menara Bangkok Bank, 105, Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur
Q. What should be the duration if my trip to get cover?
A. The duration of your single trip should be 120 consecutive days starting from the day of your departure. The duration of your annual trip should be 180 consecutive days for a two-way cover.
Q. Are there any excluded risks under this policy?
A. Yes. The following are the excluded risks:
- When you are travelling to seek medical treatment against the advice of your doctor.
- Professional sportsmen.
- Merchant navy, air force employees and active police.
- Overseas secondment assignment as part of your job.
- Aerial photography, mining, or handling of explosives.
- Any participation in terrorist activities.
Q. Will I get refund if I cancel my policy?
A. You can cancel the policy whenever you want by giving a written notification to the company. However, you will not get any refund once your policy is issued by the Berjaya Sompo.
Q. What are the applicable fees and charges?
A. You need to pay Stamp Duty of RM10 and 25% of your premium to your agent as commission. This commission will be paid by the insurance company only if you buy the policy from an agent. Apart from this, 6% GST will also be payable for domestic travel.
Q. What is the sum insured for personal accident under the Elite Plan?
A. The sum insured for personal accident under the Elite Plan is RM350,000 per adult and RM87,500 per child.
Q. What is the sum insured for permanent disability under the Basic Plan?
A. The Basic Plan will provide a coverage of up to RM100,000 for permanent disability.
Q. What are the alternative treatments covered by the Elite Plan?
A. Traditional Chinese therapy, osteopathy, physiotherapy, and Chiropractic are usually covered by this plan.
Q. Will I get reimbursement for any follow-up treatment?
A. Yes. You need to claim for it within 60 days after your return to Malaysia.
Travel insurance is necessary if you plan to travel within Malaysia and abroad. It would cover you for any loss of damage incurred during your trip. Choose a plan based on your travelling habits.