A trip without stress makes it more meaningful. Chubb offers travel insurance that enables you to travel in peace. It provides different plans for domestic and overseas trips. Read on to find more information about Chubb travel insurance plans.
List of Chubb Travel Insurance Coverage Plans
The plans available for international travel are:
- Chubb First: This plan provides a personal accident cover up to RM325,000 for adults. It also provides unlimited medical expenses coverage due to accident or illness. In addition, it provides assistance for follow-up treatment in Malaysia up to RM100,000.
- Chubb Executive: The personal accident cover provided by this plan is up to RM300,000. It provides unlimited coverage on medical expenses arising due to an accident. Get your expenses covered for emergency medical evacuation and repatriation of mortal remains.
- Chubb Premium: Get a personal accident cover up to RM200,000 for an adult and RM25,000 for a child with this plan. This plan also contributes RM5,000 for your child’s education fund. Get up to RM300,000 for accident coverage if your age is 75 years or less.
The plans available for domestic travel are:
- Chubb First: This plan provides personal accident cover of up to RM200,000. It also covers the expenses for a visitor, your spouse or a friend, to stay by your side to take care of you in the event of any accident or illness.
- Chubb Executive: The personal accident cover provided by this plan is up to RM100,000 for adults and RM25,000 for children.
Benefits of Chubb Travel Insurance in Malaysia
- Get unlimited coverage on overseas medical expenses.
- This policy provides emergency dental cover.
- Get coverage on your luggage and documents.
- Trip cancellation and flight/baggage delay are covered by this policy.
- Both domestic and overseas travel are eligible for coverage.
- Loss of deposit is also covered by this policy.
- Choose between a single trip and an annual trip.
The eligibility requirements are given below:
- The insured person must be a Malaysian or a Malaysian permanent resident.
- If you are travelling with your spouse, your spouse must be a Malaysian or permanent resident of Malaysia.
- If you are a foreigner, you must have a valid work permit.
- If you are travelling with your spouse, your spouse must have any of the following documents: a valid work permit, valid employment pass holder, valid dependent pass, valid long-term social visit pass or a valid student pass.
- Your age must be at least 18 years and above on the date of travel
- Your spouse must be 18 years old and above on the date of travel
- Your child’s age must be above 31 days but not older than 18 years if you are travelling with your child
- Your child must be unmarried and unemployed during the trip
Chubb Travel Insurance for Foreigners
Foreigners can also get this insurance policy to cover their travel.
Chubb Travel Insurance Premium Calculator
Get a quote for your travel insurance on the Chubb website. Select the type of plan (single trip or annual trip), destination, the number of people travelling and the dates of departure and arrival. Also, specify the countries you are visiting if you are going overseas.
Submit this information to get a quote on the amount offered under different covers such as personal accident, medical expenses, emergency medical evacuation, travel cancellation and baggage delay.
Chubb Travel Insurance Exclusions
This policy excludes death or injury caused in the following scenarios:
- If you continue with the trip after your doctor advised you not to travel
- Indulging in activities such as mining and handling explosives
- Suicide and self-inflicted injury
- Pregnancy-related issues
- Violation of law
- Damages caused by nuclear or chemical radiations
- Any pre-existing medical ailments
How to Buy Chubb Travel Insurance
Visit your nearest branch or contact the customer service number for assistance in buying a policy.
- Duly-filled claim form
- Air ticket or boarding pass (proof of travel)
Other documents may include:
- Death certificate
- Medical practitioner’s statement and/or
- Copy of birth certificate
How to Claim Chubb Travel Insurance
You must follow the steps given below to submit your claim:
- Check if your loss has been insured in the policy agreement.
- Download the claims form from the Chubb’s website.
- Fill the form and attach the required documents to the form.
- Submit the claim form at the Kuala Lumpur branch or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Claims must be submitted within 30 days of the event occurrence.
Renew Chubb Travel Insurance
You can renew your policy by paying the premium in advance. Follow the Payment Before Cover Warranty at the time of renewal.
General: 1800 88 2846 (Monday to Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5:15 p.m.)
Emergency Assistance: +603 7628 3703.
Q. Can the cover for baggage be increased?
A. No. The baggage cover provided by the policy cannot be increased.
Q. Is it mandatory to mention a nominee?
A. No. It is not mandatory to mention a nominee. However, it is good to specify who must get the policy benefit in the event of death. If you don’t specify, the policy benefit will be handed to the rightful beneficiary of your estate.
Q. What is the mode of submission for claims application?
A. You can submit the claims form via email or by mail.
Q. What kind of emergency assistance can I expect during travel?
A. You can get emergency assistance for the following:
- Loss of Luggage
- Loss of Passport
- Emergency reservations of airline and accommodation
- Arrangement for an Interpreter
Q. What are the valid travel cancellation reasons that are covered by the policy?
A. The policy covers cancellation for the following reasons:
- Death of the traveler
- If the doctor advised not to travel due to an injury or sickness
- Death of a family member
- An injury or sickness of a family member or your travel partner leading to their hospitalisation
Q. How much cover does the Chubb Executive plan provide for Repatriation of Mortal Remains?
A. Under the Chubb Executive plan, you can expect unlimited coverage on Repatriation of Mortal Remains.
Q. Can I get a coverage if I lose my portable computer on my overseas trip?
A. Yes. You can get coverage if you lose your portable computer during the journey. Depending on the plan you choose you can get up to RM1,500 for coverage.
Q. What should I do if I lose my credit card during my overseas trip?
A. You have to report the loss of your credit card to the concerned bank immediately, within 6 hours of the theft. Depending on the plan you choose, you can get coverage up to RM1,000 for the loss of credit card.
Chubb has made it easy to buy a policy, renew it or make a claim. Contact Chubb for any concerns or queries. Choose a travel policy that meets your travel needs.