Etiqa Car Insurance provides comprehensive coverage if something happens to your car. This policy also provides road assistance if you are stranded on road. There are two types of car insurance products offered by Etiqa - Comprehensive Private Car Takaful and Comprehensive Private Car Insurance.
List of Etiqa Car Insurance Coverage Plans
- Comprehensive Private Car Takaful: This takaful plan provides 24/7 emergency road assistance and third party coverage. You can buy this policy if you are between 18 and 70 years of age.
- Comprehensive Private Car Insurance: This plan also provides car insurance coverage, third party coverage, and round the clock emergency road assistance.
Benefits of Etiqa Car Insurance
- This policy gives you round the clock emergency road assistance.
- The policy will pay for any loss or damage to your car due to an accident, theft or fire.
- The insurance will also pay third-party coverage in the event of death, or injury against any liabilities. If your car damages the car/property of the other person, thus insurance will pay for the loss.
Your age should be between 18 and 70 years old to be deemed eligible for this policy.
Etiqa Car Insurance Premium Calculator
You can access the calculator available on the website to get a quote of the amount that you need to pay.
Etiqa Car Insurance Exclusions
The policy does not cover the following:
- Any unlawful acts committed by you.
- Suicide, intentional self-inflicted injury, or insanity.
- Pregnancy complication, childbirth, or miscarriage unless it is an accidental miscarriage.
- Provoked murder.
- Any pre-existing physical defect.
- Any accidents caused by the vehicle under any condition that is not in compliance with the conditions set down by the official regulatory authorities.
- Racing, speed testing of the insured person’s car, road rallies or using the car for hire.
How Do You Buy Etiqa Car Insurance Online?
You need to sign up on Etiqa website to get this policy. Or you can visit any of Etiqa’s branches to purchase the plan.
Documents Required for Filing Etiqa Car Insurance Claim
The following documents are required to claim for a stolen vehicle:
- A certified copy of police report.
- A copy of vehicle registration card.
- Copy of insured's MyKad/Business Reg. License.
- Copy of insured's driving license.
- Copy of driver's MyKad and driving license.
- Vehicle permit (for commercial vehicle).
- Goods Driver's License/ Public Service Vehicle License (for commercial vehicle only).
- Memorandum of Association (M&A) (if the vehicle belongs to a company).
- Custom Form/Approved Permit (for imported car).
In order to claim the damage to the windscreen of your car, the following documents are required:
- A photo of your car before the repair of the windscreen.
- Submit a zoomed view of the damage of the windshield before the repair or replacement of the windscreen.
- Original receipt with company's letter head.
- A photo of chassis number with date imprinted.
- Police report.
- Full view photo after repair/replacement of windscreen.
- Your vehicle's plate number with date imprinted.
- Payment Instruction order or authorisation letter.
How to Claim Etiqa Car Insurance?
You can obtain the Claim form from the branch and/or Customer Service Centre. You can contact your agent or the customer service at 1 300 13 8888. Ensure that you provide all the necessary details – your policy information, vital information about the incident (date, location, nature of damage etc.), required documents, and provide information about any other vehicle, people, or property involved.
It is important that you notify Etiqa as soon as any incident occurs. This will help the insurance company to resolve your claim fast.
Renew Etiqa Car insurance
If you want to renew your car insurance, you can do so by getting a quote after filling up the Online Car Insurance Renewal form available on the website. You must fill up the mandatory fields like name, car registration number, NRIC, postcode, email address, and mobile number.
- If you have any queries or seek any clarification, you can contact Etiqa Oneline at 1-300-13-8888.
- If you are an overseas customer, you can call at +603 2780 4500.
- You can also send a fax at +603 2296 1799.
- You can email your queries at [email protected]
- For 24-hour Emergency and Car Breakdown Assistance, you can call at 1-800-88-6491.
- You can call the Accident Assist Call Centre at 1-300-22-1188 if you meet with an accident and need help.
Q. What happens if I lose my car key?
A. You can get up to RM3,000 from your insurance to replace your car smart key if it is lost, stolen, or damaged.
Q. Will I get any discount if I sign up today?
A. Yes. You can enjoy of up to 10% discount.
Q. Who has the authority to certify my claims documents?
A. The following people can certify the documents:
- Commissioner of Oath
- Agency Head
- Division one Government staff
- Branch personnel
- HQ staff
Q. How can I check the status of my existing claim?
A. You can check the status by providing the following details:
- Select the claim type.
- Enter your vehicle registration number and policy number.
- Enter the claimant’s name – individual/company.
- Write the claimant’s ID.
- Select the date of the accident.
Q. What are the things I cannot claim under this policy?
A. You cannot claim the following:
- Damage caused due to flood.
- Punctured tyre.
- Modified car parts.
However, you can enhance your insurance cover to get these benefits as well.
Q. Will I get any compensation for the loss of use while my car in the repair workshop?
A. Yes. You will get a compensation of RM200 per day.