Etiqa Malaysia offers a host of insurance policies and takaful products. It provides services under a number of insurance categories, such as travel, education, personal accident, family, and car. Here are some of the schemes offered by the insurance provider.
Types of Insurance Offered by Etiqa
The policy primarily covers car accidents and breakdown, and fixes the damages caused to your vehicle in the case of fire, theft, or accident. It also takes care of third-party bodily injury/death and/or third-party property damage/loss.
Etiqa Education Insurance
Aspire Education Plan: Plan your children’s education and insurance needs with the Aspire Education Plan. The plan pays the basic sum assured and bonus amount in the event of your death or total and permanent disability (TPD).
Intelek: The policy makes your children’s education affordable and provides takaful benefits. It follows the Shariah principles and is an investment-linked policy. You can withdraw up to 80% of the balance from your investment account.
Etiqa Health Insurance
Elite Medical Plus: Elite Medical Plus is a hospitalisation and surgical insurance rider that provides unlimited lifetime coverage. You can choose from the 5 plans available based on your requirement and preference.
Elite Takaful Medical Plus: This is a takaful product and follows the Shariah principles. The rider provides unlimited lifetime cover with each of the 5 different plans.
Medical Plus: The rider provides cashless admission to the hospital when you purchase a Medical Plus policy. You can get an annual limit of up to RM1.5 million.
Takaful Medical Plus: It is a takaful scheme equivalent of Medical Plus rider. The rider provides a cashless admission to the hospital.
Etiqa Home Insurance
Houseowner and Householder Insurance/Houseowner and Householder Takaful: The policy helps you deal with the cost of rebuilding your house in the case of damage or theft. It covers both your house and its contents.
Etiqa Personal Accident Insurance
Buddy PA/Takaful Buddy PA: The policy takes care of you and your family in the case of an accident. It comes with 4 different plans—Buddy PA Weekend Warrior, Buddy PA Crime Shield, Buddy PA Eve Protect, and Buddy PA Lifeline. The takaful policy offers the following plans—Takaful Buddy PA Weekend Warrior, Takaful Buddy PA Crime Shield, Takaful Buddy PA Eve Protect, and Takaful Buddy PA Lifeline.
Car Accident Protection Special: Get insurance coverage for the passengers who are travelling with you in addition to getting yourself covered in the case of an accident. Get medical cost reimbursement of up to RM1,500 if an accident occurs.
Takaful Private Car Driver & Passenger: The takaful product covers you and your passengers if an accident occurs. A lump sum will be paid in the case of death and permanent disability.
Flexi PA/Takaful Flexi PA: This is a personal accident insurance policy that provides your family with a cash allowance if you are hospitalised. The policy provides worldwide coverage round-the-clock.
Mega PA/Mega PA Takaful: There are 4 plans available under the policy:
- Mega PA Essential/Mega PA Takaful Essential.
- Mega PA Crime Cover/Mega PA Takaful Crime Cover.
- Mega PA Hospital Care/Mega PA Takaful Hospital Care.
- Mega PA Prime Shield/Mega PA Takaful Prime Shield.
Femina Special: This is a policy exclusive for women. Get both personal accident coverage and women-related coverage benefits in a single plan. The policy covers accidental death, total and permanent disability, compassionate cash, death due to maternity complications, and other events.
Cash Care PA/Takaful Cash Care PA: It is a personal accident insurance rider that complements your car insurance policy. You can keep your family and yourself covered for accidents.
Triple Lifestyle Protector: Get financial protection for a lifetime and keep your lifestyle steady without many changes even if you are ill, injured, or if the economic conditions are falling.
Prisma +: You can get a financial cover along with savings from an investment account. A monthly contribution of RM50 can fetch you financial security when unfortunate events occur in your life.
Triple Growth: This is a short-term plan with a payment term of 6 years. You can get higher returns since the benefits are paid up to a period of 20 years.
Harmoni: This is an investment-linked policy where you can get savings and takaful coverage. You can make a partial withdrawal from the investment account and boost your coverage by attaching riders to the policy.
Mabrur: It is a takaful product that provides death and total and permanent disability benefits. In addition, the policy comes with a Tabung Haji Account and assists you to make Hajj registration. At the end of the 3rd policy year, you will receive a payout of 123% of the basic sum assured to your Tabung Haji Account to help you for Umrah.
Karisma: Karisma is a takaful product that provides maturity benefits and pays a lump sum in the case of an unfortunate event, such as death and permanent disability. At the end of every 2 policy years, a fixed cash payout up to 10% of the basic sum assured.
TripCare 360/TripCare 360 Takaful: This travel insurance provides you with a Guarantee Letter. You can use the letter to get cashless admission in a hospital.
Travel Ezy/i-Travel Ezy: The policy covers the inconveniences caused due to domestic flight delays.
Ezy-Secure/i-Secure: Ezy-Secure is a term life insurance plan that provides coverage in the case of death and permanent disability. The purchase process is made easy and convenient as you can get the policy online. i-Secure is the takaful equivalent of Ezy-Secure policy and provides similar benefits.
i-DoubleSecure: The takaful product works on the lines of Tabarru’ and Wakalah concepts of the Shariah principles. You can get a payout in the case of death, accidental death, TPD, and accidental TPD until a specified age.
Etiqa Life Secure: The policy keeps your business running even when you lose a key person in the business. The policy pays a benefit amount if the key person is sick, dead, or disabled due to an accident.
Ezy-Life Secure: It is a term life insurance policy that provides death and disability benefits. Pay fixed regular premiums throughout the premium payment tenure.
Enrich Life Plan: The life insurance policy allows you to add multiple versatile riders so you can get a comprehensive coverage for almost every risk you can imagine.
Prisma: The policy pays out the basic sum assured and the accumulated surplus on the death and TPD of the insured person.
Etiqa Investment-linked Insurance
Mahabbah Takafulink: This is an investment-linked takaful plan where Hibah is given to your family in the case of your death. Choose from the flexible payment tenure—5 years, 10 years, 15 years, 20 years, or until you are 100 years old.
Hadiyyah Takafulink: The takaful policy provides incremental cash payout so your family is financially secured in the case of your death. Get 10% of the basic sum as a cash payment at the end of 5th policy year as assistance to Aqiqah/Qurban ceremony. You can also get a cash benefit on completing the Quran/Qurban recital at the end of the 10th policy year.
MegaLink: The policy provides up to 200% of the basic sum to your nominee in the case of accidental death. You can choose the payment tenure based on your convenience starting from 5 years’ term until you reach an age of 100 years.
Maxilink: This investment-linked policy takes care of your children’s education and your retirement. It provides a guaranteed payout for death and TPD.
Elitelink: The insurance pays out benefits in the case of death and TPD. You can increase the coverage by choosing any of the 9 available riders.
Elite Takafulink: Get coverage for unfortunate events in addition to earning high returns from the investment account. The policy also pays the maturity bonus.
Features and Benefits
- Get an instant rebate of 10% in addition to the no claim discount when you renew your policy online.
- The policy automatically covers all authorised drivers.
- Get a reimbursement according to the agreed value when you make a claim request.
Aspire Education Plan:
- Receive a cash payout of 30%, 30%, and 40% of the basic sum assured during the last 3 policy years.
- You can choose to receive the payout during the last 3 years or get an accumulated cash payment at once.
- The age of life insured must be between 14 days and 10 years.
- The policy owner must be aged a minimum of 19 years.
- Receive 50% of the basic sum insured, bonus, and accumulated cash payment (if any) on maturity.
- Receive a coverage of up to RM10,000 or more with a premium payment of RM70 per month.
- Your child can get cash rewards upon scoring good grades in the academics.
- Get a lump sum of accumulated value in your investment account on maturity.
- The policy owner must be aged between 19 years and 60 years.
- The life covered must be aged between 14 days and 15 years.
Elite Medical Plus and Elite Takaful Medical Plus:
- Get high annual limit ranging from RM100,000 up to RM1.5 million based on the plan you choose.
- The Etiqa mobile application identifies the nearest panel hospital to your current location.
- Attach the Elite Medical Plus/Elite Takaful Medical Plus rider to Elitelink/Elite Takafulink policy for additional protection.
- The premiums you pay now will provide you with complete medical coverage on your retirement.
- You can attach the rider to these policies for additional coverage—Enrich Life Plan and Triple Lifestyle Protector.
Takaful Medical Plus:
- The available policies to which the rider can be attached are Harmoni, Karisma, Mabrur, Prisma, Prisma+, and Intelek.
Houseowner and Householder Insurance/Houseowner and Householder Takaful:
- Get a coverage for the damage caused due to fire, lightning, domestic explosion, theft, and natural disasters, such as windstorm, floods, hurricane, and typhoon.
- The policy covers the loss of rent up to 10% of the total sum assured.
- The policy can be extended to cover the damage caused due to riot, strike, and civil commotion.
- You can also get the additional cover to reimburse the cost if the house is not occupied for more than 90 days.
- The person covered must be aged 18 years and above to get the benefits of the policy.
Personal Accident Insurance
Buddy PA/Takaful Buddy PA:
- Get up to 25% cash rebate when you buy the policy online.
- The policy pays out up to RM300,000 on death and total and permanent disability.
- Get cash reimbursement if there is a loss or damage caused due to a crime.
- The policy provides cash in the case of a miscarriage or if there is a need for reconstructive surgery/dental treatment.
Car Accident Protection Special:
- The life insured must be of an age between 18 years and 70 years to get the benefits of the policy.
- Get a lump sum paid to you and your passenger in the case of an accidental death or accidental permanent disability.
- The medical costs of you and your passengers will be covered by the policy in the case of an accident.
Takaful Private Car Driver & Passenger:
- Get a medical coverage of up to RM1,500 for you and your passengers if there are injuries due to the accident.
- The policy provides a lump sum for the funeral expenses of you and your passengers in the case of accidental death in the vehicle.
- You must be aged between 18 years and 70 years to get the coverage.
Flexi PA/Takaful Flexi PA:
- The life insured must be aged between 18 years and 65 years.
- No need for a medical examination to purchase the policy.
- Receive a lump sum in the case of death and permanent disability due to an accident.
- Choose to utilise the lump sum to pay for your hire purchase loan in the event of accidental death.
Mega PA/Mega PA Takaful:
- Get a coverage for medical expenses when you are injured due to an accident.
- The policy covers the medical expenses if you have been a victim of a crime scene.
- Get a compensation of up to RM20,000 if you are suffering from cancer.
- Snatch theft coverage of up to RM1,000 if you lose personal belongings in the event.
- In the case of kidnapping or abduction, you will receive a compensation of RM30,000.
- If you give birth to twins or more, the policy pays out family prosperity bonus.
- You must be a woman and your age must be between 18 years and 60 years to be eligible for the policy.
Cash Care PA/Takaful Cash Care PA:
- Enjoy free towing service at any time of a day in addition to the 24-hour breakdown assistance service.
- Get an accident cover of up to RM150,000 for you and your passengers in the case of death and permanent disability.
- Get a cash allowance of RM500 paid within 24 hours from the time of the accident.
Triple Lifestyle Protector:
- Your age must be from 14 days to 55 years to get your life covered.
- The policy owner must be aged above 18 years.
- The life insured’s age must be from 19 years to 60 years.
- The participant’s age must be a minimum of 19 years.
- The life insured’s age must be between 14 days and 60 years.
- The policy owner must be a minimum of 19 years old.
- The life covered must be in the age group of 14 days-60 years.
- The participant must be aged a minimum of 19 years.
Mabrur and Karisma:
- The person covered must be of age from 14 days to 55 years.
- The participant must be 19 years and above.
TripCare 360/TripCare 360 Takaful
- Get a coverage of up to RM5,000 in the case of baggage loss/damage.
- You don’t have to submit a claim application, the policy provides RM100 payout if you had a 2-hour flight delay.
Travel Ezy/i-Travel Ezy
- You don’t have to submit a claim application. The insurer pays you automatically.
- Payment will be credited within 24 hours.
- If your flight is delayed by 30 minutes, you will be paid RM60.
Life and Family Insurance
- Get an extensive coverage from 21 years up to 80 years.
- The policy pays out up to 100% of the basic sum assured as death and TPD benefits.
- Choose a coverage that you need—RM50,000; RM100,000; and RM200,000.
- Your age must be between 17 years and 55 years to be eligible for the policy.
Etiqa Life Secure:
- The premiums you pay for the policy will get some tax relief, subject to the discretion of tax authorities of Malaysia.
- The premiums remain fixed for the entire premium payment period.
- Choose the tenure of the policy starting at 5 years.
- Choose the policy tenure based on your preference starting at 5 years.
- Choose the premium frequency as per your convenience—monthly or yearly.
Enrich Life Plan:
- The Female Illness Rider protects you against female-related illnesses.
- The Premier Critical Illness Rider covers 36 critical illnesses that are listed.
- A contribution of RM50 per month will cover you and your family.
- Enhance the policy coverage by adding the required riders, such as Ultra Medic Rider, Hospital Cash Benefits Rider, and more.
- In the case of accidental death, you will receive an extra payment of 200% of the covered amount.
- Get a compassionate benefit of RM5,000 for accidental death.
- If there are no additional claims for 5 years, you can receive 5% of the coverage amount annually.
- Get a disability care payout, i.e. 5% of the covered amount will be paid annually over 5 years.
- A coverage of up to RM2 million is available without the need for a medical examination.
- Get a maturity payout of 2,400% of the annual contribution.
- Approval is guaranteed for all claim applications of up to RM200,000.
- An annual cash payout of up to 1,090% of the annual contribution is ensured starting from the end of the 3rd policy year.
- Get a disability care payout of 5% annually for a period of 5 years.
- An amount equivalent to 0.1% of the insured amount will be credited to your account once every 2 years, starting from the 7th policy year.
- A coverage of up to RM2 million is provided without any medical examination.
- The death and TPD coverage is up to RM200,000.
- Get a guaranteed cash payout from the end of the 2nd policy year, amounting to a total of 1,000% of the annual premium.
- Get a guaranteed maturity payout of 2,500% of the annual premium.
- Flexible payment tenures starting from 8 years up to 30 years.
- Top-up your investment account to receive higher returns.
- Get a loyalty bonus of 6% of your account value or 3% of the original premium amount on 5th, 10th, and 15th policy year if you have not missed any payments.
- Get 6% of the account value or 3% of the original contribution if the insured person survives on the 5th, 10th, and 15th policy year.
- Withdraw from the account value in the multiples of RM500. However, a minimum account balance of RM1,000 must be maintained.
- Make additional deposits via top-ups to increase the investment returns.
- The insured person must be in the age group of 17-65 years and the policy owner must be aged 17 years and above.
|Etiqa Contact Centre||1-300-13-8888 (Domestic)||Monday to Friday—9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Saturday—8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.|
|+603 2780 4500 (Overseas)||N/A|
|General Customer Enquiry||Fax—+603 2296 1799 Email—[email protected]||N/A|
|Customer Complaint Management||Fax—+603 2785 3093 Email—[email protected]||N/A|
|General Claim Assist||1-300-88-1007 Email—[email protected]||N/A|
|Emergency and Car Breakdown Assistance||1-800-88-6491||24 hours|
|Guarantee Letter Request||1-800-88-9998||24 hours|
Etiqa provides both insurance and takaful products under various categories. Based on your requirements and financial condition, you can choose the right product and even pick riders to complement your policy. Some products can be bought online and do not require a medical examination. Visit the nearest branch to know more about the insurance/takaful product of your interest. You can also look for other insurance options, compare, and then apply.
Q. What do policy excess and compulsory excess mean?
A. Policy excess means the amount you have to take care of when your vehicle is damaged in an accident. When it comes to compulsory excess, you are required to handle an additional excess of RM400 if you or the car driver is:
- Aged below 21 years.
- Not a named driver in your policy.
- Has a learner’s driving license.
Q. How can I submit the claims application?
A. You can choose one of the following modes to submit your claims application:
- Submit the claims application online.
- Download the claims application form from the insurer’s official website and:
- Drop the form at the nearest branch office of Etiqa or at Claims Care, Level 12, Tower B, Dataran Maybank, 1, Jalan Maarof, 59000 Kuala Lumpur.
- Send the form via email to the address [email protected]
Q. What are the necessary documents to submit hospitalisation-related claims?
A. The documents required to submit hospitalisation-related claims are:
- Claim form filled and signed by the applicant and the concerned doctor.
- Hospital bills and receipts.
- Admission and discharge note from the hospital.
- In the case of a motor accident, you have to submit a police report.
Q. What are the available funds for investment-linked policies?
A. The investment-linked funds available are:
- Balanced Fund.
- Dana Pendapatan Prima.
- Dana Ekuiti Prima.
- Growth Fund.
- Stable Fund.
- Premier Equity Fund.
- Premier Global Equity Fund.
- Premier Income Fund.
- Premier Index Fund.
Q. What are the services available with the Etiqa Auto Assist?
A. Etiqa Auto Assist provides the following services:
- 24-hour Breakdown Assistance.
- 24-hour Towing Assistance.
- Alternative Travel Assistance in the case of a car breakdown.
- Vehicle Repatriation to Malaysia.
- Emergency Evacuation Assistance.
- Emergency Message Transmission.
You can share the above services to your family and friends by paying a certain fee.