Etiqa offers a comprehensive Takaful cover for private cars. This policy would help you in the event of any car accident or breakdown. You can get your car back on road with minimal inconvenience. Read this guide to know more about the features and benefits of this car insurance.
Benefits of Etiqa Takaful Car Insurance:
- Get comprehensive cover for any loss or damage to your card due to accident, fire and theft.
- Get cover for any third-party injury and death caused by your car.
- Get cover for any damages to third-party property or vehicle caused by your car.
- Add personal accident cover to cover medical expenses, disability and death of driver and passengers.
- Opt for additional coverage to cover your car for any damages caused by an act of nature.
- Get brand new spare parts for your car damaged in an accident by adding optional coverage.
- Protect your NCD by opting for additional windscreen coverage.
- Minimum age is 18 years.
- Maximum age is 70 years.
Etiqa Takaful Car Insurance Premium Calculator
- Get a quote online on Etiqa website.
- Provide relevant information such as your personal details and car details to calculate the premium you need to pay to take out a policy.
Etiqa Takaful Car Insurance Exclusions
The major exclusions are:
- Bodily injury and death of the policyholder due to an accident.
- Any loss or damage due to depreciation, rust, corrosion and wear and tear.
- Any damaged caused by equipment failure, computer malfunction, electronic and mechanical breakdown.
- Any claims by passengers in your car unless additional cover is chosen.
- Any loss and damage caused by an act of nature unless additional cover is chosen.
This is not an exhaustive list. Your Takaful certificate would provide a list of all exclusions.
How to Buy Etiqa Takaful Car Insurance Online?
- Buy an insurance policy online by getting a quote on Etiqa website. Go ahead with the quote by making an online payment and submitting required documentation.
- Chat with an insurance representative through the chat option on Etiqa website for assistance to buy a policy online.
- Call the customer service line for assistance on buying a policy online.
Some documents include:
- Completed claim form
- Copy of policy report
- Copy of your driving license
- Copy of your car registration number (front and back)
- Any other required documents based on type and severity of claim
How to Claim Etiqa Takaful Car Insurance?
- Notify Etiqa immediately in the event of any loss or damage due to accident, theft or fire.
- File a police report immediately.
- Get in touch with Etiqa claims through telephone, email or through an insurance agent.
How to renew Etiqa Takaful Car Insurance?
- Click the renew button on Etiqa website. Fill in relevant details such as your name, car registration number and contact details. Make an online payment to renew your car insurance.
- Call the customer service line for assistance to renew your insurance.
- Contact your insurance agent to renew your policy.
- Etiqa Oneline: 1300 13 8888
- Customer Service: +603 2780 4500 (overseas)
- Claims Centre: 1300 13 1007
- Accident Assist Call Centre: 1-300-22-1188
- Auto Assist: 1-800-88-6491
Q. How is my premium calculated?
A. Your premium is calculated based on several factors such as your sum insured, previous claim history, NCD entitlement, make and model of your car, underwriting requirements and any additional chosen coverage.
Q. Are there any fees and charges associated with this policy?
A. Yes. The fees and charges you need to pay are:
- Goods and Service Tax: 6% of your contribution
- Stamp Duty: RM10.00
- Cancellation Fee: RM10.00
- Commission to Agent: 10% (if applicable)
- Management Expenses: up to 30% (if applicable)
Q. What would happen if I do not disclose all information?
A. You need to disclose all required information fully and accurately. Any failure to disclose full information or any misrepresentation of facts could lead to refusal or rejection of any claim, change in terms of your policy or even termination of your policy.
Q. Can I name additional drivers on my insurance policy?
A. Yes. You can name additional drivers on your policy. Your policy premium would change based on the driver details.
Q. Do I have to pay anything when I claim on my policy?
A. You may have to pay a compulsory excess amount of RM400 if you or your named driver is:
- Less than 21 years old
- Holds a learner license or a provisional license
- Is not named in your policy certificate
Q. Can I cancel my policy mid-term?
A. Yes. You can cancel your policy mid-term.
Q. What do I need to do to cancel my policy mid-term?
A. You need to submit a written cancellation notice and your original Takaful certificate to Etiqa.
Q. Will I get a refund if I cancel my policy mid-term?
A. You may get a refund upon cancellation which would be subject to the terms and conditions of your policy and a RM10 deduction as cancellation fee.
Q. How can I check my claim status?
A. You can check the status of your existing claim online on Etiqa website. You need to key in your policy number, car registration number, claimant ID number and date of loss to check the status.
You will get a low premium quote if you fall under a low-risk profile. Get a low-risk profile by cultivating safe driving habits. Maintain your car in a good condition through regular maintenance. Compare different quotes to choose a policy that is ideal for you and your car.