Etiqa Travel Insurance provides 24/7 Travel and Medical Help to you and your family while travelling abroad or across Malaysia. It includes both business and pleasure trips. This policy also covers all the travel related inconveniences such as trip cancellations, flight delays and loss of baggage. This policy has two variants - World Traveller Care and World Traveller Care Takaful.
List of Etiqa Travel Insurance Coverage Plans
- Domestic: This plan is the basic policy that covers death and permanent disability up to RM50,000.
- Silver: This plan provides coverage for accidental death and permanent disability, medical coverage of up to RM300,000 apart from terrorism coverage as well.
- Gold: This plan also provides accidental death and permanent disability coverage along with medical coverage of up to RM500,000. It covers loss/delay of luggage, and round the clock medical and travel assistance. Moreover, it provides trip cancellation coverage of RM20,000 as well.
- Platinum: This plan provides many benefits including RM1,000 for alternative treatment, compassionate care benefit of up to RM5,000, and medical coverage of up to RM1 million.
Benefits of Etiqa Travel Insurance
- Get full family coverage for your spouse and children during the time of travel.
- Get cover for hospital stay, treatment costs and compassionate care benefits.
- Get a coverage of up to RM1 million based on the plan you have chosen.
- Get cover for all injuries, total and permanent disability and death.
Adults: Between 18 years and 70 years
Senior Citizens: Between 71 years and 80 years
Children: Between 45 days and less than 23 years
Etiqa Travel Insurance Premium Calculator
- Select the plan online and assess if it is suitable for you based on various parameters.
- Fill up the mandatory fields like destination, cover type, travel period, plan type.
- The calculator will show you the total amount after taking into consideration the 25% discount that you are entitled and show you the amount you need to pay.
Etiqa Travel Insurance Exclusions
This policy does not cover the following:
- Any pre-existing diseases.
- Suicide or any self-inflicted injuries.
- Pregnancy, abortion, miscarriage.
- HIV AIDS.
- Mental and psychiatric conditions.
- Provoked homicide.
- Travelling in, to or through specific countries like Afghanistan, Africa, Iraq, Iran, North Korea, Palestine, Syria or Ukraine.
- Any congenital condition.
- Any treatment related to the eyes and teeth.
- Fragile items.
- Sports equipment.
- Detention by customs department.
- Ownership/possession of land, air or water vehicle/animals.
- Hazardous sports.
How Do You Buy Etiqa Travel Insurance?
- Buy this policy online from the official website.
- Get a quote and make an online payment to buy a policy.
For Baggage Delay/Luggage Loss/Flight Delay/Misconnection
- A photocopy of the airline ticket
- Proof of the incurred expenses
For Luggage/Personal Money and Travel Documents
- Police Report
- Purchase Receipts
- Money Exchange Slips
For Flight Delay and Baggage Delay
- Written confirmation from the airlines
For Trip Cancellation
- Medical reports or cancellation invoice
For Trip Curtailment
- Original receipts of all amount or medical certificate
How to Claim Etiqa Travel Insurance
- Notify Etiqa to make a claim.
- Submit the completed claim form along with mandatory documents.
- A claims expert would be assigned who would contact you to discuss it.
- Any claim would be resolved as soon as possible once complete investigation is done.
- Etiqa Oneline: 1-300-13-8888
- Overseas Customers: +603 2780 4500
- Fax Number: +603 2296 1799
- Emergency and Car Breakdown Assistance: 1-800-88-6491
- General Claims: 1-300-88-1007
- Email: email@example.com
Q. Whom should I contact if I need any further information?
A. If you need any additional information, visit your nearest Etiqa branch to speak to a representative.
Q. What are the fees and charges that I need to pay?
A. You need to pay a stamp duty of RM10 as well as 6% GST. GST is applicable only for domestic travel.
Q. What are the Shariah concepts applicable for the World Traveller Care Takaful?
A. These plans are based on the Wakalah and Tabarru’ concepts of Shariah.
Q. What are the different geographical areas of travel that this policy covers?
A. There are 4 main areas:
- Area 1 is within Malaysia.
- Area 2 comprises of selected Asian countries like Bangladesh, China, Bhutan, Cambodia, Hong Kong, Vietnam and India.
- Area 3 consists of the world except America and Canada.
- Area 4 means worldwide including Canada and USA.
Q. What services falls under Medical Assistance?
A. Here is a list of the services that Medical Assistance include:
- 24 hours medical advice and information.
- Air ambulance services.
- Dispatch of vital medicines.
- Car Rental Reservations.
- Hotel Rental Reservations.
- Monitoring of health condition while hospitalisation.
- Arrangement for compassionate visit.
- Arrangement and upfront payment for the return of dependent children.
- Arrangement of emergency medical evacuation.
- Arrangement of return and transportation of the mortal remains.
- Emergency arrangement to return home due to death of a loved one.
- Taking second opinion regarding health.
- Medical service provider contact.
Etiqa provides assistance in buying and renewing policies, and making claims. Contact Etiqa for any queries or complaints regarding your travel insurance policy.