Great Eastern Insurance Malaysia provides a host of insurance products that keep you protected from the various uncertainties of life. You can find policies under the categories, such as life protection, health, hospitalisation, home, personal accident, travel, sports, education, and retirement. You can also buy a policy that helps you for wealth accumulation.
Types of Insurance Offered by Great Eastern
Great 110 Legacy: This is an endowment plan that provides enhanced benefits for your future. Get double payout of the basic sum assured in the case of death and total and permanent disability (TPD).
Great Early VantageCare 2: The policy covers different stages of multiple critical illnesses. A waiting period is not applicable between 2 claim applications. Upon death or TPD, you will receive the basic sum assured, cash bonus, additional sum assured, and terminal bonus.
Great MaxiProtector: The life insurance plan protects you until an age of 99 years. The policy provides financial stability to your family if an unfortunate event occurs. The basic sum assured will be paid upon maturity.
Great Term Direct: This is an affordable term insurance that provides financial security and coverage until you reach an age of 80 years. In the event of your death, your family will receive the first payout of RM5,000 of the basic sum assured.
Great VantageCare 2: Get a critical illness cover when you purchase the Great VantageCover 2 policy. It takes care of the medical expenses incurring at an advanced stage of a critical illness. Upon diagnosis of a critical illness, you will receive a payout that includes the basic sum assured, additional sum assured, cash bonus, and terminal bonus.
Smart Legacy: This is an investment-linked life insurance policy where you can enjoy savings with unit trust funds. The policy provides a death/TPD benefit of up to RM500,000 and an additional accidental death benefit of up to an age of 70 years.
Smart Legacy Max: The policy provides you with a life insurance cover until you reach an age of 100 years. You can choose the premium payment term for the policy—5, 10, and 20 years. Get 1% additional basic sum assured at the end of each policy year.
SmartProtect Essential: You can get a comprehensive protection against unexpected events along with earning returns on an investment account at a low premium when you purchase the policy. The premiums you pay for the policy may qualify for the tax relief based on the Internal Revenue Board’s discretion.
SmartProtect Max: The policy provides a coverage period of up to 30 years when you choose a premium payment term of 5, 10, or 20 years. You can get a high coverage for death and TPD of up to RM500,000. The investment value can be chosen based on your requirements when you top-up the investment account with a minimum amount of RM1,000.
Great Early Cancer Care: You can get access to lump sum payouts from the early stages of cancer. The policy also pays for the treatment in order to reduce your financial burden. In the event of death, your family will receive a lump sum equivalent to the total premium paid or the cash value, whichever is higher.
Great Early Triple Care: The policy provides you with a comprehensive cover if you are diagnosed with one of the listed illnesses. You can claim up to 2 times from different critical illness categories. As a maturity benefit, you will receive up to 100% of the premium paid or the basic sum assured, whichever is higher.
Great MediCare 2: This is a medical insurance policy that provides hassle-free hospital admission to a panel hospital at any time. It comes with an overall annual limit of up to RM200,000 and an overall lifetime limit of up to RM800,000 based on the plan you have chosen.
Great Medic Xtra + Great Extender: It does not have a co-insurance and provides high medical cost coverage for your medical treatment. The overall annual limit available with the policy is up to RM160,000 based on the policy you choose. There is no annual lifetime limit applicable to the policy.
Smart Early Payout CriticalCare: This investment-linked insurance rider pays out if a critical illness is diagnosed at an early stage. You need to keep in mind that the lump sum is paid only in the early stages of the illness and not when the severity is increased.
Smart Extender: Smart Extender is a medical rider that comes with a high annual limit and unlimited overall lifetime limit. You can get the benefit up to an age of 80 years.
Smart Extender Max: The policy comes with a number of benefits, such as for pre-hospitalisation, hospital in-patient, and post-hospitalisation. It provides a high overall annual limit of up to 10 times the deductible amount.
Smart Premier Health: It is an investment-linked medical rider that offers higher annual limit and No Claim Discount of up to 25%, provided you stay healthy and do not make any claims. You can get the benefits till the age of 80 years. At the end of every 3 policy years, you can get a 10% rise in the hospital room and board limit.
SmartMedic: Get an overall lifetime limit of up to RM2 million and an initial annual limit of up to RM200,000 with the policy. You can receive a daily cash benefit of up to RM50 per day if you are hospitalised in a Malaysian Government Hospital.
SmartMedic Enhancer: You can increase the coverage provided by your SmartMedic or SmartMedic Xtra plan with the SmartMedic Enhancer rider. You can enjoy longer post-hospitalisation coverage from 90 days to 180 days after being discharged from the hospital.
SmartMedic Xtra: The policy comes with facilities, such as no co-insurance and no overall lifetime limit on the coverage. The overall annual limit of the policy is up to RM200,000. If you don’t make any claims, you can get an increase in the overall annual limit at the end of every 3 policy years.
Personal Accident Protection
Classic PA: This is a personal accident insurance policy that takes care of the medical expenses in the case of an accident. It also considers the traditional treatments, such as the traditional Chinese medicine. You can get the compensation even in the cases of dengue, malaria, scarlet fever, yellow fever, and Japanese Encephalitis.
Easi Shield: You can get a reimbursement of up to RM18,000 for medical expenses, medical reports, and other hospital services. The policy pays double indemnity in the case of accidental death when you are travelling in a public transport.
Easi-Protector: The policy pays a weekly allowance of up to a period of 104 weeks if you are temporarily disabled due to an accident. It takes care of the third-party liabilities, such as bodily injury and property damage due to the accident.
Family Protector: You and your family members can be covered under a single insurance policy, the Family Protector. In the event of death, you will receive a funeral expenses coverage of up to RM5,000 per person.
GreatShield Active: The policy offers double indemnity for accidental death and triple indemnity in the case of TPD that occurs when you are travelling in a public transport or at a public sports event.
Junior Protector: This is a personal accident cover, specially designed for children aged 1-18 years or until an age of 23 years if you are a full-time student. You can get a cash reward of up to RM200 if the policy is active for a period of 12 months and you get outstanding results in a major examination in the first sitting.
Lady Protector: The policy covers the attacks that are specifically targeted towards women, such as snatch thefts, acid attacks, and sexual abuse. Your age must be between 16 and 60 years to get the benefits of the policy. It takes care of the maternity-related risks and provides a compensation of up to RM50,000 for pregnancy-related death.
MOS Shield: It is a yearly renewable add-on cover for dengue, malaria, and Zika virus. The add-on coverage can be attached to any personal accident insurance policy offered by Great Eastern. You can choose the extent of coverage you need from the 4 available plans.
Platinum PA: The policy provides a compensation of up to RM5 million in the case of accidental death and permanent disability. It also covers the personal liability for the injury and damage caused to the third party. Get a nursing care allowance of up to RM200 per day when the service is provided up to a maximum period of 60 days.
Travel For More: This travel insurance policy provides coverage for the unexpected events that may occur when you and your family go on a trip. It covers the emergency medical evacuation and repatriation expenses. In addition, it also compensates if there is a loss of travel documents or personal money.
Easi-Drive 2: The personal accident insurance policy covers you and your passengers if an accident occurs when you are travelling in any private car. The policy is valid when you are travelling within Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, or Brunei.
Motor Insurance: You can choose the protection you need from the available plans. You can get coverage for legal liabilities for the damage to the property/bodily injury caused to the third party. It also covers the loss/damage to your vehicle due to fire or theft.
Easi-Home: The policy protects your home from the unfortunate events, such as theft, fire, and natural disasters. It also provides the occupier’s liability of you and your family up to RM250,000. In the case of loss of money, you can get a compensation of up to RM500.
Houseowner/Household: Keep your home covered for the damages caused due to fire, burglaries, and natural calamities. The home, here, refers to the building, furniture, fixtures, and fittings. The policy also covers the damages that may be caused by a vehicle hitting the building.
Hospital & Surgical
Easi HealthCare: The medical insurance policy comes with 4 different plans. You can enjoy an overall annual limit of up to RM200,000 and an overall lifetime limit of RM800,000. The policy can be purchased without the need for a medical examination up to an age of 60 years.
EasiMed Major: Get an additional protection of the medical insurance policy when the coverage offered by your existing medical insurance seems insufficient. You can get a high overall annual limit of up to RM200,000 with the policy.
Easi-Golf: The golf insurance policy covers you for the damage, death, or bodily injury caused while playing/practising golf. It also covers the legal liabilities for the third party if their property is damaged or a bodily injury occurs due to your game.
Food Stall Insurance: You can secure your food stall with Great Eastern’s Food Stall Insurance policy. The policy pays a compensation of up to RM100,000 in order to handle the legal liability of a person getting a bodily injury or losing a personal belonging in your food stall.
SmartEducate Saver: This is an investment-linked policy that provides coverage for the unfortunate events and for your child’s education. The policy premiums start at RM100 per month. Investment value can be increased via single premium top-ups where you can choose to utilise up to 95% of the sum for unit funds.
Great Retirement Plan: You can get a guaranteed income to lead a comfortable retirement life when you purchase the Great Retirement Plan. The policy pays compensation if an unfortunate event, such as death, TPD, or critical illness occurs. You can purchase the plan without the need for a medical underwriting.
Great Flexi Plus: It is an endowment plan that provides coverage as well as helps you save. You can get the coverage for a period of 30 years on a premium payment term of 20 years. The policy provides a guaranteed cash payment every year. You can either withdraw the cash payout or reinvest the sum to get a higher payout in the future.
Great Flexi Wealth: Save for your future with this endowment insurance plan that covers you for a period of 20 years. Get a high protection of up to double or triple indemnity in the case of accidental death within the age of 65 years. The policy pays a lump sum upon maturity.
Great Premier Wealth 3: Earn yearly survival benefits of up to 170% of the basic sum assured from the end of the first policy year when you purchase the policy. Get a payout of up to 160% of the basic sum assured upon maturity. You can pay the premiums for a period of 5 or 10 years to get a coverage for a longer period of time.
Great Wealth Accumulator 3: Enjoy regular income and a coverage for the unfortunate events with the Great Wealth Accumulator 3 policy. You can pay the premiums for a term of 20 years and enjoy the coverage up to an age of 70 years. Receive a payout of 3.8% of the basic sum assured once every 2 years during the premium payment tenure and once every year later.
SmartInvest Growth: This is an investment-linked insurance plan that covers you and your family in addition to providing a financial stability. You can choose to increase the sum assured by paying a one-time premium of RM5,000.
SmartInvest Premier: Get higher allocation rates of up to 95% when you invest additional sum and a Loyalty Incentive of up to 2% of the premium paid once every 3 policy years. In the case of death/TPD, you can get a lump sum equal to the basic sum assured and total investment value.
Features and Benefits of Great Eastern Insurance
- Get up to 4 times the basic sum assured in the case of accidental death.
- Some policies provide guaranteed survival benefits once every 10 policy years.
- Enhance the benefits provided by the policies with additional riders.
- Enjoy the BuyBack option on the death benefit once you are diagnosed with a critical illness.
- Get a ‘No-lapse Guarantee’ in the first 3 years.
- Make additional savings with the investment-linked life insurance policies.
- Receive a payout of up to 300% of the basic sum assured if you are diagnosed with cancer, heart attack, or stroke.
- Some policies cover second opinion services from a medical specialist in the USA if you are diagnosed with one of the 40 major medical conditions.
- Enjoy international emergency medical assistance with the medical insurance policies.
- You can remain covered even after full payment if you buy back the death benefit as suggested by Great Eastern.
- Some policies provide an increment in the hospital room and board benefit once every 3 policy years.
Personal Accident Protection
- Receive a compensation of up to 200% of the basic sum assured in the case of paralysis.
- The policies cover accidental death and permanent disability.
- You must belong to the age group between 18 years and 65 years to get the benefits of the PA policies.
- Your occupation must belong to Class 1, Class 2 or Class 3.
- You can share the personal accident cover with your family members.
- There is a separate insurance policy designed for children that compensate if an unfortunate event occurs with the children.
- In the case of loss of money overseas, you can get a compensation of RM1,000 if you have reported the matter to the police.
- If there is a fire in your house when you are abroad, the policy pays for the damage caused.
- The policy covers events, such as baggage delay, baggage loss, flight delay, and missed connections.
- Enjoy 24-hour emergency towing and roadside repair assistance of up to RM300 per accident.
- You can get a hospital cash allowance of up to RM200 per day for a maximum period of 60 days.
- You can get 3 types of coverage—Third party cover; Third party, fire and theft cover; and Comprehensive cover.
- You can get up to 100% coverage for the damage caused due to fire, lightning, earthquake, and theft.
- Other minor damages, such as repair of doors and windows, fire brigade charges, debris removal, and title deeds and documents are covered by the policy.
- The damage caused due to the bursting or overflowing of a domestic water tank/pipe is covered.
Hospital & Surgical
- The policy benefits can be renewed up to an age of 100 years.
- Get a discount of up to 10% when your spouse and children sign up for the policy.
- Enjoy benefits and allowances, such as hospital room and board expenses, intensive care unit charges, surgical fees, emergency accidental outpatient treatment, outpatient cancer treatment, and outpatient kidney dialysis treatment.
- The policy provides a No Claim Renewal Bonus of up to 50% increase in the overall annual limit.
- The damage/loss caused to your personal belongings when you are at a golf course will be covered by the policy.
- The policy covers the damage/loss of your golfing equipment when you are at a golfing club.
- The breakage of your golfing club when you are playing/practising will be compensated.
- The policy compensates up to RM500,000 for your employees if they are injured due to an accident or illness while working for you.
- You can get a compensation of up to RM10,000 if an item in your stall is lost/damaged due to one of the listed perils.
- In the case of an armed robbery during the working hours, you can get a compensation of up to RM500.
- The policy remains in force for the first 3 years even if the Total Investment Value is zero.
- Get tax relief on the premiums you pay for the policy based on the discretion of the Inland Revenue Board.
- Enjoy the freedom to choose the unit funds in which you want to invest your money.
- The policy term can be chosen from 8 years up to 24 years.
- Get an annuity tax relief of up to RM3,000 on the premium payment.
- Enjoy guaranteed yearly payout for a period of 10 years.
- Get a payout of up to 105% of the difference between basic annualised premium you have paid and the total GCP paid/Account 1 value. You can also receive the balance in Account 2 if any.
- As long as you pay the premiums on time, the policy provides “No-Lapse Guarantee”.
- Get additional coverage for accidental death up to an age of 70 years.
- Enjoy hassle-free enrolment to get the benefits and coverage of the policy.
- In the case of death or TPD, a cash payout of basic sum assured, additional sum assured, accumulated survival benefit, cash bonus, and terminal bonus based on the policy chosen.
- Get a tax relief on the premiums paid for your policy based on the discretion of the Inland Revenue Board.
- You can choose the unit funds you want to invest in and switch between funds based on the level of risk you wish to take.
- Enjoy “No-Lapse Guarantee” in the first 3 policy years even if the total investment value is zero.
|General Line Also applicable to Overseas customers||+603 4259 8888|
|Customer Service (Domestic customers)||1300-1300 88|
|Life Insurance||Fax—+603 4259 8000 Email—[email protected]|
|General Insurance||Fax—+603 4813 0055 Email—[email protected]|
|Life Insurance Complaint Handling Service||Phone—+603 4813 3738 Fax—+603 4259 8397 Email—[email protected]|
|General Insurance Complaint Handling Service||Phone—+603 4259 7828/1300-1300 88 Fax—+603 4813 0055 Email—[email protected]|
The Great Eastern Insurance gives you a host of options to choose from. Understand your requirements and choose a policy/rider accordingly.
There are many more insurance companies providing similar policies in Malaysia. You can take a look at them, compare, and apply as per your convenience.
Q. How to submit a claim application?
A. You must follow the steps given below to submit a claim application:
- Arrange for the required documents listed as per the type of claim application. The documents are required for the verification of the event.
- Download the claim forms from the official website of the Great Eastern Insurance.
- Fill up the forms and submit the forms with the supporting documents.
- You have to submit the documentation personally to the Customer Service Centre at the head office or the nearest branch office.
Q. How do I check my claim application status?
A. You can check the claims status by sending an email to the following email address:
Q. Which are the funds available with the investment-linked policies?
A. The funds available with the investment-linked policies are:
- Lion Asia Pac Fund.
- Lion Enhanced Equity Fund.
- Lion Balanced Fund.
- Lion Fixed Income Fund.
- Lion Progressive Fund.
- Lion Strategic Fund.
- Dana Gemilang.
- Dana Sejati.
- Lion US-i Fund.
- Lion UK-i Fund.
- Lion AU-i Fund.
Q. Is there a waiting period applicable under the Great Early Triple Care policy?
A. Yes. A one-year waiting period is applicable in the following 2 cases:
- An early stage heart attack/intermediate stage heart attack and an intermediate stage stroke.
- An intermediate stage stroke and an early stage heart attack/intermediate stage heart attack.
Q. How should I pay the policy premiums?
A. You can choose one of the following methods to pay your insurance policy premiums:
- Credit card.
- Banker’s order.
- Internet banking.
You can pay the premiums monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, or annually based on your convenience.