Great Eastern Life Assurance offers a term life insurance policy to provide death and Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) benefits. Choose the premium-payment term based on your convenience. The policy offers protection for a long period of time.
Types of Great Eastern Term Life Assurance Plans
- Great Term Direct: Get coverage at a low-premium amount. You can choose the preferred sum assured based on your requirements and affordability. You can get protection up to an age of 80 years. Your nominee will receive an upfront amount of RM5,000 in the event of death. The remaining basic sum assured will be released after processing the claims application.
Features and Benefits of Great Eastern Term Life Assurance
- Receive the basic sum assured upon death.
- Receive benefit amount in case you are diagnosed with TPD before the age of 65 years.
Great Eastern Term Life Assurance Coverages
|Plan||Primary Coverage||Coverage Period||Protection Level|
|Great Term Direct Plan||Death and TPD.||Until 80 years next birthday.||From RM100,000 up to RM500,000.|
- Entry Age: From 18 years to 60 years.
- Malaysian citizens living in Malaysia only.
- Permanent residents of Malaysia are excluded.
- A valid Malaysian mobile number.
- A valid email address.
- A valid Mastercard or Visa credit card.
- No pre-existing medical ailments.
Great Eastern Term Life Assurance for Foreigners
Great Eastern Term Life Assurance does not offer coverage to foreigners.
Great Eastern Term Life Assurance Claims
Step 1: Collect the necessary forms by talking to the customer care representatives or on the official website.
Step 2: Submit the claim forms and the supporting documents personally at the Customer Service Centre located at the head office or at the nearest branch.
Step 3: The insurance company staff will get back to you regarding the claim status.
- Claim form.
- Certified death certificate.
- Claimant’s NRIC.
- Deceased person’s NRIC.
- Direct Credit form.
- Police report if applicable.
- Post-mortem report if applicable.
- Doctor’s statement.
- If you are calling from Malaysia, then use the customer service number 1300 1300 88.
- If you are calling from abroad, then use the number +603 4259 8888.
- Fax: +603 4259 8000.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit the website www.greateasterngeneral.com.
- Visit the Life Insurance Customer Service Centre at the address:
Menara Great Eastern
303 Jalan Ampang
50450 Kuala Lumpur
Monday to Friday-8:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.
How to Cancel Great Eastern Term Life Assurance
- Provide a written letter to Great Eastern to notify that you want to cancel the policy.
- Submit the cancellation request via e-Connect using My Service Request/Customer Care.
- If you cancel within the first 15 days, you will receive a refund of the entire premium paid minus the charges of medical examination.
Make a short-term premium payment to enjoy protection up to 80 years of age. The policies are available for Malaysians. Read the policy document thoroughly before signing up for an insurance policy. Know the fees and charges applicable to the policy.
Q. Should I undergo medical examinations to qualify to get the benefits of the insurance policy?
A. No. You don’t have to undergo any medical examinations. Just answer a few health-related questions while filling the application form.
Q. How do I get to know the claim status?
A. The insurer will get back to you on the status of your claims application. If you still want to know the status, you can send an email to email@example.com.
Q. Does the term life assurance policy cover suicidal death?
A. According to the suicide clause, claims are not applicable in the event of suicidal death within a year from the date of policy inception or from the date of policy renewal.
Q. How should I pay the premium?
A. You can pay the premium via credit card, internet banking, cash, auto-debit or cheque.
Q. What is the minimum sum assured?
A. The minimum sum assured for the Great Term Direct plan is RM100,000.