Hong Leong Assurance Berhad (HLA) is a leading life insurance company in Malaysia. It offers many life insurance products and services to Malaysians that protects them at various stages of their lives.
Types of Life Insurance Products
- HLA EverGain Plus: This investment-linked plan protects your savings from any possible market risks. This plan provides tax exemptions, a variety of proven funds, and insurance coverage against inevitable death or Total Permanent Disability (TPD) before 65 years of age or Old Age Disablement (OAD) after 65 years (whichever is earlier).
- HLA Premier Millions: This is a regular premium investment-linked protection plan that provides protection to you and your family. The Platinum Selection1 provides RM1 million coverage in the event of your death, RM2 million upon TPD or OAD, RM3 million coverage upon accidental death, and RM4 million for advanced cancer.
- HLA EverLife Plus: This plan provides tax relief and complete coverage till the age of 100 years. In this plan, your premium fetches you a life insurance cover besides giving you an opportunity to choose funds that will boost your returns. The minimum annual premium is RM780 and the maximum is depends on the underwriting.
- HLA Million Plus: This is 20-pay premium endowment plan that protects against death, TPD or OAD. The policy term is for 30 years and the minimum age of the policy owner should be 16 years. This endowment policy begins at a minimum of RM1 million of the Basic Sum Assured (BSA).
- HLA Asset Protector: This is a regular premium investment-linked plan that provides protection against TBD, Old Age Disablement (OAD), or death. This protection plan also safeguards your business and secures your assets. With this plan, you can get a lump sum payment to cope up with an unfortunate loss in business. Also, in the event of your death or TBD, your family will receive a lump sum amount of the sum assured.
- HLA Asset Protector Premier: This is a regular premium investment-linked plan that provides protection against death up to the age of 100 years. This plan also gives you options for additional protection like TPD, Old Age Disablement (OAD), and other add-on riders. Moreover, in the event of death, your family will get a lump sum amount of the sum assured.
- HLA Complete Link: This investment policy allows you to purchase coverage for three generations in your family - you and your spouse, your children as well as your parents. This plan allows you to opt for automatic fund switching strategy from higher to lower risk gradually. The minimum entry age of the Life Assured is 91 days of gestation and the maximum is 70 years of age.
- HLA Golden Prime: This is a non-participating endowment plan that provides life protection to you and your family. Once the policy matures at the age of 80, you will receive 108% of the total paid premium.
- Hong Leong Level Term: This is a non-participating term plan that pays a lump sum money in the event of the death or TBD before 65 years of age of the Life Assured.
- Mortgage Decreasing Term Assurance: This is a type of term life insurance that can be renewed annually. The insurance provides death benefit that keeps decreasing throughout the lifespan of the insurance policy at a predetermined rate. It offers a protection to you as a homeowner. The policy is created to assist you in paying off your remaining home loan instalments when you are in a financial crisis.
- Hong Leong PA Care: This is a 5-year Endowment plan that provides an additional 500% Basic Sum Assured in the event of accidental death. Any Malaysian whose age is between 1 month to 55 years and is in good health is eligible. This plan also provides extended coverage for hijacking, murder, drowning, gas inhalation and lot more.
- Hong Leong Secure100: This is a non-participating whole life plan that pays a lump sum amount upon death or TBD before the age of 65 years. You will also get a maturity benefit if you live till the maturity date.
- HLA Wealth Gain: This is a savings plan that allows you to capitalise on growth in the early years of your life.
- HLA Wealth Invest: This is an insurance savings plan that allows you to manage and grow your savings as per your wish. The premium payment term is for 6 years and this plan gives guaranteed cash coupons to you through the entire policy term.
- Venture Invest II: This plan lets you choose 5 different funds with unique benefits that are tailor made for you. It pays the higher of the basic sum assured minus withdrawal or the value of the investment units upon the first occurrence of death, TBD (before 65 years), OAD, or upon diagnosis of any of the 36 critical illnesses covered during the tenure.
- Venture Invest Plus: The plan is an investment-linked plan that’s sold on a unit basis. It also pays the higher of the Basic Sum Assured minus withdrawal upon the first occurrence of death, TBD (before turning 65 years) or OAD. You also get the privilege to choose from 6 different funds.
Benefits of Hong Leong Life Insurance
- Offers a combination of insurance protection for you and your family members.
- You can enjoy tax relief.
- You can boost a policy with a rider or supplementary benefit plan of your choice.
- The plans help you to achieve your financial goals so that you remain secure for life.
- You can choose from flexible premium payment terms for the benefit of you and your loved ones.
- With HLA insurance solutions, you can plan for your retirement years and be financially strong throughout.
You need to be between 18 to 70 years of age in order to be eligible.
Hong Leong Life Insurance Claims
If you want to submit a claim, first you will have to fill up the Claim Nomination form available on the Hong Leong website. After filling up the form, you can submit the same along with the necessary documents to the nearest branch for further processing. Once the claim is approved, you will get your money.
HL Life Insurance Berhad Contact Info
In case of any product related queries, dial 03-7650 1288. HLA also provides 24-hour hotlines, which you can use in case of any emergency. Some of the hotlines are as follows:
- Accidental Death Benefit Rider - 603 – 7628 3799
- HLA MediShield II Rider - 603 – 7628 3998
- Medical Evacuation & Repatriation - 603 – 7628 3799
How to Cancel Hong Leong Life Insurance Policy
If you want to cancel your policy for any reason, you will have to do so within the free-look period, that is, within fifteen days from the policy delivery date.
Q. How can I get the nomination form?
A. You can get the nomination form from the bank’s website. Alternatively, you can also obtain it by calling the Customer Service Hotline at 03-76501288.
Q. What is the payment frequency of the premium?
A. You can pay your premium monthly, quarterly, yearly, or semi-annually.
Q. What should I do if there are changes to my contact details? A. You must inform the bank if there are any changes to your contact details. This is to ensure that all future correspondences reaches you on time.
Q. Are there any terms and conditions that I need to be aware of?
A. Yes. Some of the applicable terms and conditions are:
- You must disclose all material facts like medical condition, and mention your age correctly.
- You must be aware of the free-look period. This is the time when you may cancel your policy if you wish by returning the same within 15 business days from the date of delivery of the policy.
Q. Will I get my refund within the free-look period?
A. Yes. The premium amount and any applicable tax will be refunded to you in this period.