Kurnia Insurance is home to various insurance schemes and policies that are designed for retail customers as well as businesses. The insurance company has come up with online tools to make insurance-related operations easier for you.
Types of Insurance Schemes Offered by Kurnia
Private Hire Car (E-Hailing) Endorsement: The insurance rider is designed for you if you provide an e-hailing service to companies, such as MULA, MyCar, Grab, and DIFF. The rider will protect you, your vehicle, and the passengers in the case of an accident during a hire service.
Auto 365-Comprehensive Premier: It is a comprehensive motor insurance policy that provides accidental damage cover and the damage caused while attempting theft of your car. You can get all the drivers of your car insured without additional cost.
Private Car Comprehensive: The car insurance covers the liabilities to the third party, such as bodily injury and death. You can buy the insurance policy online and make the further transactions using the insurer’s digital tools.
Private Motor Comprehensive: The policy is specifically made for motorcycle users. You can get coverage for third-party liabilities and loss/damage caused to your motorcycle due to accidental fire, accident, or theft.
auto365 Third Party Fire & Theft Premier: It covers the damage or injury caused to the third party due to an accident involving you. If you are at fault, the damage caused to your vehicle is also covered by the policy.
Kurnia Personal Accident Insurance
Right Cover: Get coverage for death and total and permanent disability (TPD) caused due to an accident at an affordable annual premium. The policy gives you 24-hour protection across the globe. You can choose from the 5 different plans available.
Right Cover Plus: The policy provides coverage for the damage caused by accidents. You can choose the coverage for yourself or you can share the coverage with your family members.
Personal Accident Supreme: You can get comprehensive coverage when you purchase the policy. It provides a double indemnity when an unfortunate event occurs when you are travelling by public transport.
Driver & Passengers’ Personal Accident: It provides coverage for you, your drivers, and the passengers in the case of accidental death and TPD. The coverage includes any injury caused due to an accident while driving, boarding, or alighting from the car.
Motorcyclist Personal Accident: Get the benefits of the policy at affordable an annual premium of RM13 (0% GST). The policy covers motorbike accidents and the damage caused by it.
Perfect 10 Personal Accident: The personal accident cover protects you in every phase of your life. You can enjoy a post-hospitalisation allowance of up to RM500 per week. You can choose from 10 available plans.
Perfect 10 Plus Personal Accident: Get individual sums insured when you choose a unique family plan. The hospital income is provided up to a period of 52 weeks, i.e. up to RM700 per week.
Kurnia Star Personal Accident: You can choose the coverage you need based on your requirements and budget with the Kurnia Star Personal Accident insurance policy. It covers the personal liability of an accident.
Auto Shield: The rider must be attached to a Kurnia Comprehensive Motor insurance policy to get benefits, such as vehicle spray painting cover, accidental death and disability cover, and medical expenses and hospital income allowance.
Perfect Rider Plus: It enhances the coverage of your motor insurance policy by protecting your vehicle from accidents and breakdowns. It provides double indemnity during national holidays. You can get a compassionate benefit once per period insured if your vehicle is a total loss.
Perfect Rider 24hr: The policy provides round-the-clock coverage, 24-hour road assistance and towing services at any part of Malaysia. It covers medical expenses, corrective dental and cosmetic surgery expenses.
Kurnia Home Insurance
Maids Insurance: The policy covers you and your maid for the hospital, surgery, and medical expenses. It also covers you for the injuries or damage caused by your maid during the employment period.
Fire 365: The property damages that occur due to fire and explosion is covered by Fire 365 insurance policy. You can choose to get additional coverage for flood, earthquakes, riots, falling trees, and other events.
Householder Plus: The plan covers theft and damage of your home belongings. It is recommended to complement the policy with a fire and home insurance policy to enjoy complete protection.
Fire Insurance: The policy covers your home from unexpected fire damages. You can extend the coverage to a wide range of accidents, natural disasters, riots, and criminal activities.
Houseowner & Householder Insurance: Get financial support to rebuild your home in the case of an unexpected damage caused by an accident, natural disaster, or criminal activity. The policy covers the physical building of your home and includes fire protection.
Kurnia Care Travel Insurance: Get a coverage for the injury, death, disablement, hospital allowance, and medical expenses when you travel within Malaysia and abroad. The policy provides coverage of up to RM7,500 in the case of loss of documents.
Kurnia Traveller’s Personal Accident Insurance: You can customise the coverage you need and the amount you want to insure for accidental death, permanent disability, and medical expenses.
Kurnia Travel Supreme: This is a flexible travel insurance plan that can be purchased for you or you can include your family for the coverage. The policy refunds the unused or non-refundable amount if you return to Malaysia earlier than your schedule due to covered reasons.
Kurnia Medical Insurance
MediGuard Lady: It is a policy customised for women and covers special conditions, such as maternity-related complications. You can also get hospitalisation and surgical benefits.
mediGuard Income: The medical insurance plan covers hospital fees and provides cash benefits until you get back to your normal routine. A lump sum is paid if you pass away within 30 days from the date of the accident.
MediGuard Supreme: Get medical coverage up to an age of 85 years with the policy. You can choose the right plan for you from the 6 plans available. Enjoy a No Claims Bonus of 5% every year up to 50% of your first-year limit.
MediGuard Premier: The policy provides coverage for most of the medical needs, including hospitalisation and surgical benefits. The claims can be submitted after you get discharged from the hospital.
MediGuard Family: It is a family medical insurance policy that covers outpatient, hospitalisation, and surgical expenses. A coverage of up to RM60,000 is available for outpatient kidney dialysis and cancer treatment.
Features and Benefits of Kurnia Insurance
Private Hire Car (E-Hailing) Endorsement:
- The rider handles the legal liability if a passenger causes loss/damage to a third party.
- It compensates the third-party if you or your driver causes a loss/damage to a third party or your car.
Auto 365-Comprehensive Premier:
- Covers the loss/damage caused to your car due to natural disasters, such as typhoon, landslide, and flood.
- Enjoy the towing service within Malaysia up to 365 km per round trip per incident.
- Get the compassionate benefit of up to 5% of the sum assured or RM5,000 per incident, whichever is lower.
- Enjoy 3-year warranty for the repair done to your car at a panel workshop.
Private Car Comprehensive:
- Receive SMS alerts on policy renewal, claim notifications, and resolution for your queries.
- Enjoy 24-hour auto assistance on issues, such as battery change, flat tyre, and more.
Private Motor Comprehensive:
- Get accident/breakdown assistance with the Kurnia Express service.
- Enjoy 24-hour support with the Kurnia Auto Assist support line.
auto365 Third Party Fire & Theft Premier:
- The policy provides a compensation of up to RM5,000 per accident if the accident happened due to your fault.
- You can get your vehicle repaired from any of the 400 approved repairers in Malaysia.
- Towing service is available up to 200 km per round trip in Malaysia.
Personal Accident Insurance
- The policy provides a bereavement allowance of up to RM300 per person.
- The accidental death benefit available is up to RM45,000 per person and the permanent disablement benefit available is up to RM45,000.
- Your age must be between 16 years and 75 years to get the benefits of the policy.
- The policy is renewable up to an age of 80 years.
Right Cover Plus:
- Get an advance payment of up to 30% of the sum assured in the case of accidental death.
- Receive double hospital income if you are being treated in the intensive care unit.
- The entry age for the policy is valid for up to 75 years.
- The policy is renewable for a lifetime.
- Earn a renewal bonus of 10% per year up to 100% of the basic sum assured.
Personal Accident Supreme:
- The policy provides accidental death and permanent disability benefit of up to RM1 million.
- Get renewal bonus of 10% up to 50% of the basic sum insured.
- The blood transfusion benefits are available up to RM40,000.
- Share your coverage with your family and get a discount of 10%.
Driver & Passengers’ Personal Accident:
- The passengers must be aged between 3 years and 90 years to get the coverage.
- You are considered eligible for the coverage if you are a vehicle owner or a licensed driver.
- The policy covers corrective dental and cosmetic surgery of up to RM1,000.
- Get an additional 50% of the sum assured in the case of accidental death and TPD.
Motorcyclist Personal Accident:
- You must be a Malaysian or a permanent resident of Malaysia to be eligible for the policy.
- Your age must be between 16 years and 65 years to get the benefits of the policy.
Perfect 10 Personal Accident:
- Get a hospital income of up to RM1,000 per week for as long as 52 weeks.
- The policy pays up to RM1 million as accidental death/permanent disability benefit.
- A bereavement allowance up to RM2,000 is available.
- The policy covers repatriation expenses up to RM5,000 in the case of overseas death.
Perfect 10 Plus Personal Accident:
- It covers medical expenses up to RM7,000.
- Get a personal liability coverage of up to RM100,000.
- Get coverage for dengue, malaria, and Chikungunya in addition to the accidental death and TPD.
- The policy provides overseas medical evacuation and repatriation expenses up to RM200,000.
Kurnia Star Personal Accident:
- You must be a Malaysian or a permanent resident of Malaysia aged between 30 days and 65 years to be eligible for the policy.
- Get accidental death/TPD benefit of up to RM10,000.
- The medical expenses covered ranges from RM1,000 to RM5,000.
- Get an additional bereavement allowance of RM2,000 for one accident and one period of insurance.
- The hospital income allowance of RM50 per day is paid up to 30 days.
- The rider provides a funeral allowance of RM1,000.
- Your age must be between 3 years and 70 years and you must be a Kurnia Comprehensive Motor insurance policyholder to get the benefits of the policy.
- Get a daily inconvenience allowance of up to RM50 per day.
Perfect Rider Plus:
- The rider is available to all private vehicles.
- You must be 17 years old and above to get the rider benefits.
- Get additional benefits of up to 50% in the case of accidental death/permanent disability.
- Enjoy smash & grab compassionate benefit and car loan protection with the rider.
Perfect Rider 24hr:
- Get double indemnity protection for road accidents of up to RM160,000 per person during national holidays.
- A lump sum of RM80,000 per person is paid in the case of accidental death and TPD.
- An ambulance fee of RM500 per person per accident is paid.
- Get a bereavement allowance of RM500 per person per accident.
- The policy is available if you employ a maid from one of the following countries—Cambodia, Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Myanmar, Pakistan, Nepal, The Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- It provides death and disablement benefits for your maid.
- The cost of returning to the home country is also covered for your maid.
- Get inconvenience benefit of RM5,000 in the case of damaged caused to your property by fire or flood.
- Get an allowance of up to RM7,500 to clear debris from an uninsured property.
- Temporary repair and protection cost allowance of up to RM5,000 is covered.
- The policy covers alternative accommodation expenses of up to RM7,500 if your house is not inhabitable.
- You can buy the policy if you are a house owner, householder, or renter.
- Get personal accident benefit of up to RM10,000 per person for up to 5 of your family members.
- In the case of loss/damage to your home content, you can get a coverage of up to RM25,000.
- A personal liability coverage of up to RM75,000 is available.
- The policy is available if you are a house owner, householder, or renter.
- The premiums are calculated based on the tariff prescribed by the Persatuan Insurans Am Malaysia (PIAM), the home type, and the sum insured.
Houseowner & Householder Insurance:
- The policy compensates for the death and damage caused to home content within 3 months.
- If your home is not inhabitable, the policy covers the rental loss.
- Get a personal liability allowance of up to RM50,000 if you are sued for the injuries caused due to your property.
Kurnia Care Travel Insurance:
- Get a maximum baggage cover of RM2,500, i.e. up to RM200 per article in the case of loss/damage to the items.
- The policy provides a personal accident cover of up to RM300,000 and medical expenses cover of up to RM300,000.
- If you lose your wallet, you can get personal money allowance of up to RM500.
- In the case of flight delay, you can get a coverage of up to RM3,000.
Kurnia Traveller’s Personal Accident Insurance:
- You must be a Malaysian or a permanent resident of the country aged between 30 days and 70 years.
- Accidental death/TPD will be covered up to an amount of RM10,000 up to a period of 180 days.
- Get medical expenses covered from RM500 up to RM5,000 per person.
Kurnia Travel Supreme:
- Get a coverage of up to RM1 million in the case of emergency evacuation and repatriation.
- The personal liability allowance for third-party injury/property damage is available up to RM1 million per person or up to RM3 million per family.
- The accidental death coverage available is up to RM300,000 per adult and RM75,000 per child.
- Use the medical card to get easy admission at a panel hospital.
- The policy provides an annual outpatient kidney dialysis and cancer treatment cover of up to RM60,000.
- The overall annual limit available with the policy is RM150,000 and the lifetime limit of the policy is RM450,000.
- Accidental death/TPD coverage of up to RM35,000 is available.
- No panel hospitals. You can choose the hospital yourself for treatment.
- Get daily lodger cash benefit if your hospital stay exceeds 10 consecutive days.
- No need for a medical examination when you buy the policy.
- Get tax relief of up to RM3,000 on your annual policy premiums.
- Based on the deductibles you need, you can get 40% off the annual premium.
- Get hospital room and board benefit of up to RM1,000 per day for a maximum of 180 days.
- When you are being treated at a government hospital, you can get a daily allowance of up to RM150.
- The overall annual limit available is up to RM150,000 and the lifetime limit of the policy is up to RM600,000.
- In the case of accidental death/TPD, you can get a sum of up to RM50,000.
- The policy provides a coverage of up to RM10,000 for a lifetime for each of AIDS diagnosis and home nursing.
- Get major medical coverage of up to RM35,000 for a lifetime.
- The accidental death/TPD coverage available with the policy is up to RM35,000.
- Get a bereavement benefit of up to RM1,500 in the case of accidental death.
- The expenses of the intensive care unit are fully reimbursed for a maximum period of 20 days.
|Contact Centre||1800 88 6333||Monday to Thursday—8:45 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. Friday—8:45 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.|
|Email Address||[email protected]|
|Kurnia Auto Assist||1800 88 3833||24/7|
Kurnia Insurance Malaysia provides a host of insurance products for its retail customers. Based on the available options, you can choose the right insurance policy for you.
Q. What are the services available under Kurnia Auto Assist?
A. You can get the following services under Kurnia Auto Assist:
- Breakdown Assistance.
- Towing Service.
- Accident-related Services.
- Fuel Delivery.
Q. Is the towing service available to everyone who has a Kurnia motor insurance?
A. No. The towing service is available to only those who purchase Kurnia Comprehensive Motor Insurance and Auto 365 policy. The service provides you with the freedom to tow the vehicle to the destination of your choice or to a panel workshop. You have to just call the number 1800 88 3833.
Q. How do I check my claims status?
A. If you have already submitted your claim application and looking for the current status, you can follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of Kurnia Insurance Malaysia.
- Click on the “Claims” tab on the home page.
- Click on the “Check Now” button.
- You will be redirected to a page where you have to enter the details, such as Identification Type, Identification Number, and Claims Notification Number.
- Click “Submit” to know the status online.
Q. What are the general terms and conditions applicable for an overseas travel insurance?
A. The general terms and conditions applicable to a travel insurance are:
- Your travel must be confined to a maximum of 90 consecutive days.
- Treatments that are non-emergence or non-critical that can be delayed until you reach Malaysia are not covered by the policy.
- Overseas treatment is allowed only if you are required to receive emergency treatment within 24 hours of the accident.
- Pre-existing illnesses are not covered for treatment when you are overseas.
- The expenses will be reimbursed after you submit the complete documentation for claims.
Q. How to choose the sum assured for a motor insurance policy?
A. You must consider the approved market valuation system to check the market value of your vehicle. You can then use the market value as the sum assured. You can choose the “Agreed Value” or the “Market Value”. In the case where you make a theft/total loss claim, one of the following may occur:
- In the former case, you will receive a sum equivalent to the “Agreed Value”.
- In the latter case, the settlement you get will be equivalent to the market value at the time of claim application or the recommended sum assured, whichever is lower.