Maybank Travel Insurance provides comprehensive coverage for you and your family when you are travelling on a business trip or on a personal vacation. This applies to both overseas and domestic travel. All the offered plans cover annual trips as well as single trips.
List of Maybank Travel Insurance Coverage Plans
- Domestic TravelCare: This insurance plan provides you coverage when you travel (by land/sea) in Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei. The premium starts from RM15. This plan provides accident coverage of up to RM200,000 for 28 days per trip. This plan has 3 sub-categories – Plan A, B, and C. Each of these plans offer individual and family coverage.
- Air Travel Care: This plan gives you comprehensive coverage for 90 days per trip. The premium starts at an affordable rate of RM30 for 5 days travel. You can activate this plan 6 hours before your departure.
- Lifestyle Travel Care: This plan is ideal for both individual travel and travel with family. Moreover, this plan provides worldwide coverage with 4 different plans.
Benefits of Maybank Travel Insurance in Malaysia:
- This policy provides 24/7 travel and medical assistance.
- This policy takes care of all your travel inconveniences including trip cancellation, delay or curtailment by providing compensation for the expenses.
- Get full coverage for your children and spouse.
- This travel scheme allows you to get hospitalisation and compassionate care up to RM1 million.
- Adult: Between 18 and 70 years
- Senior Citizen: Between 71 and 80 years
- Children: Between 45 days and below 23 years
- Malaysian citizen or a Permanent Resident of Malaysia
Maybank Travel Insurance Exclusions
This insurance do not cover the following:
- Any pre-existing conditions
- Mental disorders
- Pregnancy complications
- Hazardous sports/occupations
- Engaging in illegal activities like provoked assault
How Do You Buy Maybank Travel Insurance
- Get an online quote and make on online payment to buy a policy.
- Submit an enquiry form for assistance to buy a policy.
How to Claim Maybank Travel Insurance
Notify all claims to Maybank within 30 days of any incident. Send all the necessary documents to support your claim.
- Emergency Helpline: 603-2166 8833
- General: 1300 88 6688
Q. What is the coverage amount for Accidental Death and Permanent Disability?
A. In the event of any death or permanent disability due to accident, you will get cover up to RM500,000 per adult and RM1.5 million for family.
Q. When can I get the Domestic TravelCare plan?
A. You can get this plan activated just 1 hour before the start of your trip.
Q. What is the coverage limit for Air Travel Care plan?
A. The coverage limit for this plan is RM1 million.
Q. Will the Air Travel Care plan cover my business flight as well?
A. Yes. It covers both personal and business flights.
Q. What are the benefits of the annual plan under the Lifestyle Travel Care plan?
A. This annual plan is especially designed for frequent travellers as it has no limit on frequency of your travel. You just need to ensure that your travel does not surpass 90 consecutive days per trip.
Q. What do I need to do if I have lost all my money during my trip?
A. You must report any loss of money to the police where the loss occurred, within 24 hours of the discovery of the loss. Notify your insurer as well for further assistance.
Maybank offers different plans to cater for individual or family trips. Contact the insurer if you have any concerns regarding your travel insurance. Ask for assistance before purchasing a policy if required.