MCIS insurance Berhad is a certified life insurance company under the Financial Services Act 2013, which is regulated by Bank Negara Malaysia. It offers many life insurance products for Malaysians to secure their lives at different stages. The life insurance products helps you to save up for life’s uncertainties, plan your retirement, and insure your health as well.
Types of MCIS Life Insurance Plans
MCIS offers the following insurance products:
- HiShield: This is an investment-linked plan that gives five year guaranteed coverage against death or Total & Permanent Disability (TPD). Furthermore, you can attach different funds with this plan based on your requirements.
- Premium Protector: This is an affordable plan that allows you to enjoy the benefits of a basic plan along with the option to increase it with riders that suit your needs. It offers double protection for accidental death and triple for accidental death caused while traveling in public transport. It also provides funeral benefits.
- Prime Protector: This is an affordable plan that provides guaranteed protection beyond your premium paying term. If you purchase this plan, then you are eligible for a tax relief of up to RM6,000 for both the yearly premium and EPF.
- FutureSeries: This policy provides both, death benefit and accidental death benefit along with free admittance to the Best Doctors services. Moreover, in the event of death (both accidental/non-accidental) occurring from the third policy year, the policy will pay 10% of the permitted death benefit as emergency cash to the beneficiary.
- Premier FlexiInvest: This plan provides death and TPD benefits along with the flexibility to to switch your investments, and change the Basic Sum Assured. This policy also provides a five year coverage even if you have inadequate account value.
- FlexiInvest Plus Assurance: This plan gives you the flexibility to select any investment funds from just RM100 every month. You also get protection against death and TPD along with many optional riders available.
- SuperSeries: This provides protection against death, TPD and critical illnesses and three times protection coverage against any accidental death. You also get four different plans to choose from along with optional Survival Benefit and Cash Value.
Benefits of MCIS Life Insurance
The following are some of the features and benefits of the life insurance products:
- All the insurance plans are affordable and flexible.
- They provide Death and TPD coverage. Most plans also provides double benefit in case of accidental death/TPD.
- The plans have guaranteed maturity benefits. This means when the policy matures, you will get 100% of the In-Force Sum Assured to you.
- The plans allows you to switch between funds based on your needs.
MCIS Life Insurance Claims
You need to submit your claims along with proper documentation to get back your money quickly.
Procedures to submit a claim
- Fill up the necessary forms.
- Request your doctor to complete all the medical reports.
- Ensure that you submit all the relevant documents.
- Submit the completed forms in the nearest branch.
- You can check your claim status via the customer portal or by calling in the customer care number or by sending an email.
Documents Required for MCIS Life Insurance Claim
You need to submit different documents for different claims. Here is a comprehensive list.
Hospital Benefit Claims
- Duly filled up Hospital Benefit claim form (Part A)
- Physician's statement Medical report
- Hospital bill showing the patient admission and discharge dates.
- All the laboratory and radiology reports
- Duly filled up Accident Benefit Claim Form
- Attending physician's statement Medical report
- Police report
- Original medical certificates
- Original official receipts and itemized bills (for reimbursement purpose)
Medical Benefits/Surgery Claims
- Completed Medical Benefit Claim Form (Part A).
- The medical report statement made by the attending doctor.
- Itemised bills.
- Laboratory reports
- For Overseas claims:
- Certified passport.
- Original detailed admission bill and receipt.
- Filled up TPD Claim Form.
- Physician's Statement.
- Certified diagnostic reports.
- Policy Contract.
- Proof of age.
- Medical certificate.
- Police report.
- Newspaper cutting
- Filled up Death Claim form.
- Doctor’s statement on Death Claim
- Certified copy of Diagnostic reports.
- Death certificate.
- Policy Contract.
- Police report and post mortem report (in case of accidental death)
- Relationship with the deceased.
How to Cancel MCIS Life Insurance Berhad Policy
Once you decide to cancel a policy, you need to notify the insurance company. If you decide to cancel the policy, you can do so within 15 working days starting from the date you first received the policy document.
MCIS Life Insurance Contact Number
In case of any queries that you may have, you can contact MCIS Customer Contact Centre at +603 7652 3388.
MCIS Life Insurance Berhad FAQs
Q. Can I add rider plans to my base plan?
A. Yes. The Premium Protector plan allows you to add riders like Term Rider, Living Benefit Rider, Premium Waiver Rider and so on.
Q. How much premium will be refunded to me if I cancel my policy?
A. The full premium amount will be refunded to you if you cancel the policy during the free look period.
Q. How can I nominate someone?
A. If you are aged 18+ years, then you can nominate any individual(s) to receive the money in the event of your death. You can do the nomination formality at the time of application of the life insurance policy.
Q. What happens if there are any changes in nomination?
A. If there are any changes to the nomination, you will have to submit a written notification to the company. The latest one will replace all your previous nominations.
Q. How can I submit major claims?
A. You can inform the company either by writing an email or sending a letter. The company will acknowledge the same within 7 working days.