MPI Generali Insurance Berhad offers travel insurance policies any unfortunate incident that may occur during your trip. These policies cover individuals both for single trips and an annual trips. Read on to know about how you can benefit from them.
List of MPI Generali Travel Insurance Plans
Travel Protection Plan: The travel insurance policy covers individuals departing from Malaysia. You can choose between a one-way trip plan and a return plan. An accidental death and permanent disability benefit of up to RM150,000 is provided by the policy.
Annual Travel Protection Plan: The policy suits you best if you are a frequent traveller as it provides you with coverage to an unlimited number of trips per year. Get personal accident, medical, and travel inconvenience benefits with the policy.
Features and Benefits of MPI Generali Travel Insurance in Malaysia
- Covers trips within Malaysia and overseas.
- Get travel insurance cover when you are departing from Malaysia.
- Get compensation unfortunate events, such as personal accident and hospitalisation.
- Travel inconveniences are covered, such as travel documents’ loss, flight delay, luggage damage, and more.
|One Way/Return Travel Protection Plan||From 2 years up to 75 years.|
|Annual Travel Protection Plan||From 18 years up to 70 years.|
MPI Generali Travel Insurance for Foreigners
You can get the benefits of the policies as long as your trip is starting from Malaysia. The policy covers the trips that start from Malaysia.
MPI Generali Travel Insurance Exclusions
- Pre-existing medical conditions.
- Self-inflicted injury and suicide.
- Pregnancy and miscarriage.
- Mental disorders.
- Natural disasters.
- Riots, strikes, and commotion.
- Adventure activities, such as mountaineering, scuba diving, skydiving, and motor racing.
How to Buy MPI Generali Travel Insurance
- Visit the official website of MPI Generali and browse for the policy of your interest.
- Get a quote for your trip by entering information on an enquiry form.
- You can also buy the insurance policies on the website.
How to Claim MPI Generali Travel Insurance
- Download the claim form from the official MPI Generali website.
- Fill up the form and provide all the supporting documents.
- Submit the form online by logging into your account.
MPI Generali Travel Insurance Contact Number
|Contact Number||+603 2034 9991|
|Email Address||[email protected]|
|Claim-related Queries||[email protected]|
You can choose a plan based on the type of trip you are planning to take. Be wary of the countries where the insurance policies do not provide coverage. Plan your trip in such a way that it does not exceed the coverage period. You can also read about the effects of trip cancellations to be on the safer side while travelling.
Q. How long does the insurance plans provide coverage?
A. Each plan has a different coverage period as given below:
- One Way Plan: Coverage starts at the departing airport and ends when you reach the destination airport.
- Return Plan: You can get a coverage period of 60 days.
- Annual Plan: Covers up to 30 days per trip. You can take an unlimited number of trips per plan.
Q. How soon should I notify the insurer if I have to make a claim?
A. If you have to make a claim, you have to notify the insurer about the loss/event within a month from the date of the incident. The claims form and supporting documents must be submitted to the insurance company within 1 year from the date of the incident.
Q. Does the travel insurance plans include a cooling period?
A. The trip cancellation benefit gets activated after 24 hours from the time of policy purchase. The other benefits get activated when you reach the airport or 4 hours prior to the scheduled flight, whichever is later.
Q. Is there a restriction on coverage while travelling to any country?
A. Yes. The policies do not cover your travel to countries, such as Cuba, Afghanistan, Republic of Congo, Iraq, Iran, Liberia, Syria, and Sudan.
Q. Can I specify a nominee for my travel insurance policy?
A. Yes. You can specify a nominee for the travel insurance policy so the benefits of the policy will be handed to your nominee in the case of your death. If you have not specified a nominee while purchasing the policy, you can do so by filling up a form.