MSIG Insurance (Malaysia) Bhd. covers people in Malaysia with several general insurance solutions with presence in Indonesia, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Thailand as well. It offers personal insurance for a wide variety of assets, vehicle and house owners/householders; golfers, travel, and sports personal accident (PA) medical insurance products. The company also provides commercial insurance along with the foreign worker insurance. MSIG Insurance (Malaysia) Bhd. operates as a subsidiary of MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc
Why Choose MSIG Insurance -
Here are reasons that make MSIG Insurance a forerunner in the insurance industry in Malaysia and beyond:
- Impressive Performance in The Market: MSIG Insurance made a gross premium total of RM1.5 Billion in 2014 to start with. As of December 31, 2014, MSIG Malaysia ranks third based on terms of premium size and has an impressive market share of 8.7%. Also a Gross Written Premium of RM 1.5 billion, was recorded against 2013, with a gain of RM 60.7 million by 4.3% driven by growth in the Motor and Fire classes, according to the company’s annual report for 2014.
- Customer Care: They have dedicated hotlines for niche departments such as claims, domestic and international hotline for travel insurance, auto assist helpline for motor insurance policy holders ensuring that you don’t have to land up in a long queue to talk to a support associate and not press too many buttons through the IVR, just to solve a query. They also have branch offices all over the country to ensure that if want customer service at a personal level, you can do it at a nearby branch. They also have a bancassurance hotline.
- Variety of Products: The product range is vast and dynamic with insurance schemes for foreign workers and sportsmen as well, which is a rare coverage plan even if people consider the Asia-Pacific region. The plans themselves are highly comprehensive and have simplistic policy wordings that can be downloaded before applying for any MSIG insurance.
Types of MSIG Insurance -
The company has a plethora of plans divided in the following 4 main categories:
- Asset: This covers insurance policies for the regular ones such as car insurance and home insurance with a variety of policies that are suitable for different needs that different people may have.
- Healthcare: Healthcare include as vast number of products based on different age groups, family members and different needs.
- Personal Accident: This coverage is necessary as car insurance and medical insurance does not cover an individual for their own or passenger’s medical expenses in the case of an accident.
- Lifestyle: This include everything other general insurance type such as travel insurance and even coverage plans for golf and sports personal accident plans.
MSIG Insurance FAQs -
Is there any claim hotline that can be used in times of urgencies?
You can use the general toll free no: 1-800-88-MSIG (6744) or a number for motor insurance claims: 1800-2-25246.
Where can I find insurance claim forms?
Insurance claim forms are available online of the insurance provider’s website and also can be picked up at any MSIG bank or branch.
Is the Foreign Worker Compensation Scheme (FWCS), mandatory?
Yes, it is mandatory in Malaysia as per the government amendments made in The Workmen’s Compensation Act 1952 was amended in August 1996. Under Section 26(2) of the Amended Act
What is the GST payable for?
GST is a tax payable for some insurances such as the Medical premium is at 6% made compulsory, since 1 April 2015.
MSIG Insurance Customer Support
Level 15, Menara Hap Seng 2,
Plaza Hap Seng, No. 1,
Jalan P. Ramlee,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Customer Service Hotline: 1-800-88-MSIG (6744)
General Line: +603 2050 8228
Bancassurance Helpline: 1-800-88-6163