Pacific & Orient Insurance Company Berhad offers 3 car insurance plans that cover all the necessary events, such as towing service, emergency assistance, and more. You can choose the plan you need from the list given below.
Pacific & Orient Car Insurance Plans
|Car Insurance Plan||Key Benefit||Towing Service||Emergency Assistance|
|Total Assist Car||Get minor roadside repair assistance and battery delivery service when your car breaks down.||Yes||Yes|
|Private Car||Covers the loss/damage to the vehicle due to overturning or collision.||No||No|
|Commercial Vehicle||Covers the loss/damage caused to the vehicle and third-party liabilities.||No||No|
Features and Benefits of Pacific & Orient Car Insurance
- Get alternative travel and accommodation assistance in the case of an emergency.
- Get free labour of up to RM350 if you require the battery delivery service.
- P&O car insurance plans handle the third-party liability, such as death, bodily injury, and damage to property.
- Enjoy 30% discount on the car rental facility.
- Get additional cover options for excursion trip via buses and one-way express via buses.
How to Claim Pacific & Orient Car Insurance Plans
- Notify the event to the insurer within 7 days from the date of accident/loss.
- If you disabled or hospitalised, you can notify the event as early as possible or within 30 days.
- Then, approach the insurer to fill up the claims application form and submit it with the required documents.
|Car Insurance Plan||Coverage||Add-On Coverage||Private Cars||Commercial Cars|
|Total Assist Car Insurance||Free towing up to RM350; minor roadside repair, such as battery jump-start and ignition-related fixing; and battery delivery service.||Repatriation, interstate ambulance, emergency flight ticket assistance, and meal allowance if stranded at the Thailand border.||Yes.||-|
|Comprehensive Private Car Insurance||Loss/damage to your vehicle, third-party liability, and legal cost for defence up to RM2,000.||Windscreen damage, passenger liability, and damage due to flood and landslide.||Yes.||No.|
|Commercial Car||Damage due to accidental collision, damage, theft, lightning, and more; and third-party liability.||Excursion trip via buses and one-way express via buses.||No.||Yes.|
Documents Required for Claims
|Own Damage Claim||
|Customer Service Number||1800-88-2121 (Press 4)|
Based on the type of vehicle you have, private or commercial, you can choose the car insurance plan. You can also look for similar plans offered by other insurance companies and choose the one that fits the bill.
Q. Are there any exclusions to the car insurance plans?
A. Yes. Some of the exclusions of Pacific & Orient car insurance plans are:
- Your death and bodily injury due to motor accident.
- Passenger liability against claims.
- Loss/damage due to natural disasters, such as flood and landslide.
Q. What should I do if I am not satisfied with the service provided by Pacific & Orient?
A. You can write to the Public Complaint Department or visit the department directly at the address given below:
Public Complaint Department,
Pacific & Orient Insurance Co. Berhad
11th floor, Wisma Bumi Raya,
No.10 Jalan Raja Laut, P.O.BOX 10953,
50730 Kuala Lumpur
Q. What are the fees and charges I have to pay while purchasing a car insurance policy?
A. You have to pay a couple of fees and charges as mentioned below:
|Commission to insurance agent||10% of the premium.|
Any applicable government taxes at the time of the policy purchase will be applicable.
Q. Can I cancel my policy at any time after the commencement?
A. Yes. You can cancel your policy at any time after the commencement of the coverage. If you cancel the policy after 8 months from commencement, you may not receive any refund of the policy premium paid.
Q. How is the policy premium calculated?
A. Policy premiums are calculated based on the motor tariff guidelines. It also depends on the factors, such as the type of vehicle, engine capacity, and the sum insured. The sum insured will be determined based on the current market value of the vehicle.