Prudential provides a term assurance policy for its customers who look for a protection of a short period of time. The term assurance plan offers flexible premium payment tenure.
Types of Prudential Term Assurance Policies
- PRUterm: This is a level term assurance policy that covers death and TPD with a coverage term of 5 years or from 10 years’ term up to an age of 70 years.
Features and Benefits of Prudential Term Assurance
- Get death benefit.
- Get TPD benefit in the event of TPD before the age of 60 years.
Prudential Term Assurance Coverages
|Plan||Primary Coverage||Coverage Period||Protection Level|
|Prudential PRUterm||Death||5 years or between 10 years’ term and 70 years of age.||Starts at RM10,000.|
|TPD||Up to an age of 60 years.|
- Entry Age: From 16 years to 65 years.
Prudential Term Assurance for Foreigners
Prudential provides term assurance policies to foreigners.
Prudential Term Assurance Calculator
Prudential provides a Needs Analysis Tool on its official website. The tool considers your personal details such as marital status, dependents, house ownership details, post-retirement expenses, investments, outstanding debts, and other obligations.
The tool provides a rough estimate of savings and investments, retirement planning, children’s education expenses, the protection you need, and a summary of the total expenses you may come across.
Prudential Term Assurance Claims
Step 1: Get in touch with the customer care agent or the customer service to get access to the required forms.
Step 2: Fill up the forms with accurate information.
Step 3: Seek the help of your doctor to complete the medical report.
Step 4: Make sure that all the required documents are with you.
Step 5: Submit the forms and the supporting documents to the nearest branch or to your agent.
- A copy of NRIC.
- Original policy document.
- Physician’s statement.
- Medical report.
- Medical bills.
- Post-mortem report in case of death.
- Proof of relationship between claimant and deceased.
- Contact the Call Centre at 03-2116 0228 for more information on the policy.
- Fill up the Customer Enquiry Form available on the insurer’s website to express your interest in a product.
- Visit the official website of the insurer to know more about the product of your interest at www.prudential.com.my.
- Visit the head office of Prudential located at the address:
No.10, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Working hours: Monday to Friday 8:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Telephone: 03-2031 8228.
Fax: 03-2032 3939.
- Visit the nearest branch office.
How to Cancel Prudential Term Assurance Policy
- Submit a written cancellation request to Prudential.
- Prudential staff will process your request in a few working days.
- Based on the time of cancellation request, the insurer will let you know if you can get a refund of your premium.
Get protection for a period of time you choose. Read through the policy document carefully to understand how the term life assurance plan works.
Q. When should I pay the first premium of the policy?
A. Your policy application form must be provided along with the first premium. The policy will commence immediately on the application submission.
Q. What is the premium payment tenure for this policy?
A. The premium is payable throughout the coverage term based on your choice.
Q. What are the additional riders available with the policy?
A. You can attach the following riders to the policy:
- Crisis Cover Plus (critical illness cover).
- PRUmajor med 5 (hospital and surgical cover).
- Accidental Death and Disablement.
- Weekly Indemnity.
Q. What is a free-look period?
A. You can cancel the policy within 15 days from the date of commencement of the policy. In this case, you will submit a cancellation request and get a refund of the entire premium you have paid minus any medical examination charges.
Q. How do I get to know the status of my claim application?
A. You can collect information on the status of your claim application using one of the modes given below:
- Insurance agent.
- Customer service line 03-21160228.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.