QBE is a global insurance provider and started operations in Malaysia in 1905. It is one of the leading insurance providers in the market. QBE Malaysia is part of the QBE insurance group and is backed by its expertise and fiscal strength. QBE in the year 2015 itself has amassed over RM 115 Million in total revenue. QBE offers a wide range of business and personal insurance products. Customers can visit QBE insurance online and get more information on the insurance policies they have to offer. QBE insurance has seen growth in the insurance market in the face of stiff competition and remains committed to providing quality insurance products to their customers.
Types of insurance policies offered by QBE Insurance -
- Domestic property insurance: QBE offers domestic property insurance that protects homes and the contents within from events such as fire damage, lightning damage, natural disasters such as volcanoes, earthquakes and floods. It also offers insurance against burglary or theft.
- Health and Medical Insurance: QBE offers a comprehensive health and medical insurance policy that protects you and your loved ones. The benefits of this policy include hospitalisation and surgical expenses, in-patient specialist fees and ICU charges.
- Personal accident insurance: Personal accident insurance policies offered by QBE are designed to fit your needs. They provide various options catering to individual or family needs. Benefits of this policy includes hospital cash allowance to treat bodily injuries and cover for permanent or temporary disablement due to an accident.
- Motor insurance: QBE offers motor insurance for both personal and commercial requirements. The policies cover liability to third party, expenses for spare parts and damage to vehicles. It also covers insured vehicles against fire and theft.
- Travel insurance: QBE offers comprehensive travel insurance policies that are designed to suit your needs and offers an annual plan for the frequent traveller as well. The travel insurance offered by QBE includes valuable features such as 24 hour worldwide travel assistance services, Terrorism cover and Hijack cover.
- Pleasure Craft: QBE offers an insurance plan to protect your boat from physical damage or loss.
- Commercial property insurance: The commercial property insurance offered by QBE are designed to safeguard the business property and assets. It includes cover for buildings, furniture, fixtures against fire and industrial risks.
- Commercial general accident: This policy covers businesses against burglary and fidelity risk caused by employees. It also covers for damage to plate glass from accidents or thefts.
- Group accident and health insurance: This policy offered by QBE is designed to safeguard employees against permanent or temporary disablement and provide cover for hospital expenses and surgical expenses.
Why Choose QBE Insurance -
QBE provides innovative insurance products and quality service. Their key features are mentioned below:
- Dependability: QBE insurance is among the top insurance providers globally. Apart from providing innovative insurance products to customers, QBE is the insurance provider to 4 of the country's 7 ports and supports the growth of the country's trade assets.
- Hassle free procedures: QBE offers a hassle free claims procedure. The relevant documents and straightforward method to file for claims can be found on their website.
- Market Strength: QBE insurance has consistently improved its revenue in the past years amidst stiff competition and has shown a growth in market share.
- Policies that are easy to purchase: QBE offers insurance policies with attractive incentives such as affordable premiums and eligibility criteria beginning from 18 years of age.
- Dedicated customer support: QBE insurance puts the customers first and provides a customer service hotline at (603) 7861 8400. They have a dedicated line for claims at (603) 7861 8779. Lines are open during office hours (0830 – 1730, Mon – Fri).
QBE Insurance FAQs -
What is the time taken to settle a claim?
The length of time taken to settle a claim depends on the policy, the complexity of the claim and the nature of the claim. The Claims Team whose contact can be found on the website will guide you through the process.
The procedure for making a claim depends on the policy. The relevant claim forms can be found on their website. A filled out claim form along with necessary supporting documents such as the police report and witness statements should also be submitted wherever applicable.
What is the timeframe allocated for filing a claim?
The timeframe within which one should file a claim is based on the policy of the insured. In the event of a claim it is advisable to inform QBE at the earliest or within the stipulated timeframe that the policy dictates. Early action can significantly shorten the claim process.
How should one make payments to QBE?
There are multiple payment methods offered by QBE insurance . One can pay via cash, cheque, credit card or online transfer. You can also deposit the money at either of the accounts mentioned on the website.
QBE Insurance customer support –
Here are the contact details for further enquiries:
Customer Service No: The customer support helpline is(603) 7861 8400 and the team will be available during office hours (0830 – 1730 Mon – Fri).
Claims Helpline: (603) 7861 8779
Fax: (603) 7873 7430
Office/Mail Address: No. 638 Level 6, Block B1, Pusat Dagang Setia Jaya, (Leisure Commerce Square) No. 9 Jalan PJS 8/9, 46150 Petaling Jaya Selangor Darul Ehsan.