QBE Insurance Malaysia Berhad provides insurance plans for many categories; travel insurance being one among them. The insurer provides a comprehensive travel insurance plan—TravelOn that provides extensive coverage for the unexpected events that may occur when you travel for a business trip or vacation.
Features and Benefits of QBE Travel Insurance in Malaysia
- Get annual coverage when you buy a QBE travel insurance policy.
- Enjoy round-the-clock travel assistance services across the world.
- Get terrorism and hijack cover.
- Get follow-up treatment when you return to Malaysia.
- Get a high personal liability limit with QBE’s travel insurance.
List of QBE Travel Insurance Coverage Plans
- TravelOn: The TravelOn plan comes protects you from the problems you may face when you are on a trip alone or with family. You can choose between a single trip and an annual trip plans. You can also select a standard or super plan.
|Entry Age for Adults||From 18 years up to 80 years.|
|Entry Age for Children||From 3 months up to 18 years.|
How to Buy QBE Travel Insurance
Documents Required for QBE Travel Insurance Claims
- Police report in the case of an accident.
- Claim form.
- Medical bills and invoices.
- Medical report.
- Burial certificate/post-mortem report in the case of death.
- Death certificate.
- Discharge medical report form.
How to Claim QBE Travel Insurance
- Notify the insurance company and insurance agent about the incident as early as possible.
- Download the claim form from the insurer’s website and fill it up with relevant information.
- Attach all supporting documents to the claim form and submit the documentation to QBE’s claims department.
- The claims team will contact you to guide you through the process.
- It is necessary to keep your insurance advisor/agent about every development of the claims procedure.
How to Renew a QBE Travel Insurance Policy
- Policy renewal is applicable to annual plans.
- Visit the nearest QBE branch with your original policy document.
- Discuss with the staff regarding the renewal process.
- Follow the process specified by the staff to get an uninterrupted insurance coverage.
|Category||Telephone Number||Fax||Email Address|
|Customer Service||1 300 888 4847 Monday to Friday—8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.||-||-|
|Claim Enquiries||+603 7861 8400||+603 7873 7430||[email protected]|
|General Enquiries||+1-300-88-4847||+603 7873 7430||[email protected]|
QBE’s TravelOn plan provides you with multiple features and benefits in addition to accidental death and TPD coverage. You can compare the features and costs of other travel insurance plans with TravelOn and purchase the plan that suits your needs. Analyse all the necessary factors before you buy a travel insurance policy.
Q. Can I mention more than one nominee to get the benefits of my policy?
A. Yes. You can specify more than one nominee to get the benefits of your policy. At the time of policy purchase, you will be required to specify the names of the nominees, their NRIC/birth certificate numbers, date of birth, address, relationship, and the share of your policy benefit in percentage.
Q. Can I get the claim settlement directly to my bank account?
A. Yes. You can get the claims settlement directly to your bank account by means of the e-payment service. If you prefer an e-payment, you must specify it in the application form when you purchase a policy. If you haven’t specified in the application form, you can fill up an authorisation form by providing your bank account details. Also, you must provide a copy of your bank account statement/a copy of bank passbook with the authorisation form to activate e-payments for your policy.
Q. Why should I choose e-payments?
A. You can choose e-payments as it comes with a number of benefits:
- Convenient and easy as compared to cash/cheque.
- Faster in terms of processing time.
Q. How much premium should I pay to get the coverage of TravelOn plan?
A. The premium is usually determined by age, gender, health condition, and other related factors. However, the minimum premium amount for an individual is RM20. The minimum premium amount for a family cover is RM50.
Q. What are the modes available to make premium payments?
A. You can use any of the following modes to pay policy premiums:
- Interbank GIRO.
- Credit card/debit card.
- Cash deposit machine.