RHB Malaysia offers multiple variants in its vehicle insurance policy including Motorcycle Insurance plan, Private Car Insurance cover, Motorcyclist PA, Motorcyclist Personal Accident Insurance, along with Road Rescue cover, and a TC GAP Protector facility.
The bank offers 3 different types of schemes under its Private Car Insurance plan: Comprehensive Cover, Third Party, Fire and Theft Cover, and Third Party Cover. The comprehensive cover comes with an add-on facility that offers full body spray painting to your entire vehicle.
Let’s have a detailed look at the car insurance cover offered by RHB.
List of RHB Car Insurance Cover Plans
Private Car Insurance of the bank comprises of 3 cover plans:
- Comprehensive Cover: This is an insurance cover that provides protection against death and injuries occured to a third-party, and also covers damage to their vehicle. Loss or damage to your own vehicle due to an accident, transportation for a damaged car, legal representative and legal costs are also covered under this cover.
- Third Party, Fire and Theft Cover: Death or injury caused to a third-party along with damage to their vehicle is covered under this plan. It also provides cover for loss or damages to your vehicle due to theft or fire.
- Third Party Cover: This plan covers death or injury caused to a third-party as well as damages to the other party’s vehicle.
Benefits of RHB Car Insurance Policy
- Get cover against liabilities to other parties that include death or injury and damage to the third-party’s vehicle.
- Get cover for damages caused to your own vehicle due to an accident or fire and also for theft of your vehicle.
- Choose from 3 different types of covers under this policy.
- Get unlimited liability cover against third-party physical injury or death.
- Get a liability cover of up to RM3 million for the damage or loss of the third-party’s property.
- Purchase optional covers such as windscreen cover and passenger liability.
- Get cover for damages caused by natural calamities such as earthquakes, floods and storms.
- Go for an add-on feature that provides full body spray painting (non-tariff) facility to your car.
- Opt for a Motorist Personal Accident Insurance cover that covers the driver and passengers.
- Enjoya 10% rebate on your gross premium by purchasing directly from the insurer.
- Get No Claim Discount (NCD) on renewal of your car insurance policy.
You will have to fulfil the following eligibility criteria to get a RHB Car Insurance policy:
- You should be a valid driving license holder.
- Any other criteria as described by the bank.
RHB Car Insurance Premium Calculator
- Go to the official website of the bank and click on the ‘Get a Quote’ tab.
- Fill in details such as personal information, NRIC, vehicle related information, and contact details.
- Within next 24 hours, a bank representative then will contact you to assist you with the process.
RHB Car Insurance Policy Exclusions
The car insurance policy does not cover losses that include:
- Your death or any physical injury caused to you in case of an accident
- Your obligation against claims from passengers in your car
- Damage, loss, or liability caused due to natural calamities such as flood, landslide and storm.
How Do You Buy RHB Car Insurance Policy Online
- Go to the bank’s official website and download the proposal form for the insurance plan.
- Submit the completed form to your nearest branch of the bank with the full set of mandatory documents as described by the bank.
- A completed claim form
- A copy of your NRIC
- Police report (if applicable)
- Car registration details
- A copy of your driving license
- Details/estimate regarding repair costs
- Summon by the third-party (if applicable)
- Any other document as suggested by the bank
How to Claim RHB Car Insurance Policy
- Contact the bank’s Accident Assist Call Centre (AACC) through a helpline number 1-300-22-1188.
- The customer care representative then will assist you regarding claims procedure.
- Claim your car insurance cover by filling a claim form provided by the bank.
- Make a claim within 7 days of the incident if you are not hospitalised or physically disabled during the incident.
- In case or hospitalisation or physical disability, submit your claim within 30 days of the incident occurred.
Renew RHB Car Insurance Policy
Offline process: Contact the bank’s representative to renew your policy.
- Customer Service:1300-220-007
- Accident Assist Call Centre:1-300-22-1188
Q. When will I receive the policy after making an application?
A. Once your application is approved, you will receive the contract of the policy within 30 working days on your provided address by post.
Q. Do I have to pay any stamp duty charges while obtaining the insurance policy?
A. Yes, you will have to pay the stamp duty charges of RM10 while acquiring the policy.
Q. Are towing services included in this policy?
A. You will get free towing assistance cover of up to RM200 with the car insurance policy, in case your car breaks down or if you have an accident.
Q. How much No Claim Discount (NCD) can I get on my amount of premium?
A. If you go claim-free for 1 continuous year, you will be entitled for 25% NCD. Similarly, if you go claim-free for 2 incessant years, you will be entitled for 30% NCD on your payable premium. If you go claim-free for 3 continuous years, you will be entitled for 38.33% NCD. For 4 years of claim-free period, you can obtain a discount of 45% and similarly 55% for going claim-free for 5 and more years.
Q. Can I cancel my insurance policy? Will I get a refund on cancellation?
A. You can cancel your car insurance policy by returning the Certificate of Insurance (CI) or by providing a duly certified Statutory Declaration (SD) as a confirmation, to the bank. You are entitled for a refund of premium if you haven’t made any claim before cancellation.
Q. What are the specifications of a Motorist Personal Accident Insurance cover?
A. The supplementary policy cover offers protection up to RM24,000 for accidental death and RM2,000 for medical costs of your authorised driver.
Car insurance is quite important. Ensure that your card is neither under-insured nor over-insured. Check for the market value of your vehicle before you buy a policy. Get an online quote and compare quotes to choose an insurance plan that works for you.