RHB Bank provides Shariah-compliant takaful products to its retail customers. You can choose from a number of options available under categories, such as the motor, medical, personal accident, property, and more.
Types of Bancassurance Products Offered by RHB
Motorist Personal Accident Insurance: This rider protects you, your authorised drivers, and the passengers for personal injury, death, and related medical expenses. The rider enhances the coverage provided by your existing car insurance.
Road Rescue: The comprehensive motor insurance plan provides coverage for the unfortunate events as well as provides services, such as roadside assistance, taxi assistance, hotel accommodation, and 24-hour towing service.
MediSure Supreme: Hospitalisation and medical expenses due to an accident or illness are taken care of by the policy. It provides a cashless hospitalisation facility. You can opt-out of the facility to pay a lower premium.
RHB Critical Shield: Get the required financial protection when you are suffering from a critical illness. An additional compensation of 10% is given if you are diagnosed with one of the 6 listed critical illnesses.
Personal Accident Insurance
Max PA: The policy covers the hospital expenses for the injuries caused due to an accident. The lump sum provided by the policy can be used to take care of your housing loan, child’s education, and other financial commitments.
Houseowners/Householders Insurance: Your house and its assets can be covered for the loss/damage caused due to theft/fire with the policy. Enjoy an extended coverage at additional costs for other perils, such as riot, strike, landslip, uninhabitable residence, and theft.
Home Content Insurance: The damage caused to the items due to man-made and natural disasters are covered by the policy. You can buy the policy if you own a property.
Cash Back Personal Accident Plan: Get protection against mishaps due to an accident and enjoy a payout of up to 25% of the premium paid once every 3 years. The payout can be received if you have not made any claims.
My Critical Shield: You can focus on the recovery of your critical illness as the My Critical Shield policy will take care of the financial matters. It also provides an additional 10% payout if you are diagnosed with one of the selected critical illnesses.
Inconvenience Benefit Personal Accident Plan: The coverage is provided if you are injured/disabled/dead due to an accident. The policy also covers inconveniences, such as baggage loss, car assistance services, and damage to the windscreen.
My Safe Deposit Box Plus: You can insure the content in your safe deposit box against loss/damage. You have to pay a nominal premium to get this policy.
ATM Shield: The policy provides protection, especially for the cash withdrawn from an ATM. It also covers the loss/damage caused to your personal belongings due to snatch theft occurring within 24 hours of cash withdrawal in an ATM.
POS Auto Ikhtiar: The policy covers the loss of your private car due to theft/accident. You can get accidental death and permanent disability coverage. The coverage is extended to the driver of your car.
Features and Benefits of RHB Bancassurance
Motorist Personal Accident Insurance:
- The authorised driver can get an enhanced sum insured of up to RM240,000 for accidental death and RM2,000 for medical expenses.
- Enjoy protection at affordable premium rates.
- You can be an authorised driver or a passenger aged 1 to 70 years to be eligible for the policy benefits.
- Enjoy free towing service if your car breaks down in Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, and Thailand.
- The accidental death and permanent disability coverage provided is up to RM100,000.
- Get an allowance of RM200 for taxi expense to collect your repaired car from the panel workshop or for getting it delivered to you.
- You must be a vehicle owner who is aged between 17 years and 80 years to get the benefits of the policy.
- Get coverage for HIV caused due to blood transfusion.
- You must be aged between 30 days and 70 years at the time of entry and can renew the policy until an age of 100 years.
- Your spouse must be within 70 years of age to be eligible to share the benefit.
- Unmarried children of age from 30 days up to 19 years or up to 23 years if they are full-time students can share the coverage.
RHB Critical Shield:
- Get a renewal bonus of 10% of the principal sum insured per year up to 50% when you don’t make a claim on your policy.
- The principal sum insured can go up to RM300,000 based on the plan you choose.
Personal Accident Insurance
- You must be an individual aged between 30 days and 80 years at the time of policy sign up.
- It can be renewed up to an age of 100 years.
- Enjoy cashless hospitalisation and a coverage of up to RM3,000 if you are hospitalised due to an accident.
- Get coverage for mosquito-borne diseases, such as dengue, malaria, Zika virus, Avian flu, and Japanese Encephalitis.
- You can choose the insurance amount based on your requirement.
- You can get the benefits of the policy if you legally own a house.
- The policy provides a cover for the rental losses until the house is reinstated due to the damage.
Home Content Insurance:
- Get round-the-clock worldwide personal accident protection.
- The policy covers the damage caused to your servants’ and guests’ possessions.
- The damage caused due to perils, such as fire, explosion, and natural disasters are also covered.
Cash Back Personal Accident Plan:
- Accidental death and permanent disability can fetch you with a compensation of up to RM300,000.
- You can get a personal liability compensation of up to RM300,000.
- The entry age for the policy ranges from 18 years up to 65 years.
- It can be renewed up to an age of 70 years.
My Critical Shield:
- Get a benefit of up to RM300,000 when you are diagnosed with a listed critical illness.
- Enjoy a loyalty benefit where the principal insured sum will be increased by 10% every year up to 50% if you don’t make any claims.
Inconvenience Benefit Personal Accident Plan:
- Get towing service until your preferred workshop up to RM300 per event.
- Enjoy minor roadside repair assistance up to a limit of RM300 for labour cost.
My Safe Deposit Box Plus:
- Get coverage for loss/damage caused to the contents of the safe deposit box due to burglary, robbery, explosion, flood, riot, strike, and malicious damage.
- You must be an ATM cardholder aged between 18 years and 70 years.
- You can be a Malaysian citizen, permanent resident of Malaysia, or a foreigner with a valid work permit.
- The policy covers the loss of personal possession in the event of snatch theft up to RM5,000 per policy.
- Get hospital income of up to RM1,500 for the hospitalisation caused due to snatch theft.
POS Auto Ikhtiar:
- Accidental death and permanent disability coverage are paid up to RM10,000.
- Get an accommodation allowance of up to RM100.
- The loss of use benefit offered for motor vehicle accident is up to RM400 and for theft is up to RM1,000.
|Customer Care Number (Overseas and West Malaysia)||03-9206 8118|
|Customer Care Number (East Malaysia)||082-276118 Monday to Thursday—8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Friday—8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
|General Enquiry Line||1300-220-007 Monday to Thursday—8:45 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. Friday—8:45 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.|
Based on your understanding of the takaful products offered by the insurer, you would be interested to know more about the policies. You may also want to compare the benefits of a policy with its counterparts from other insurance/takaful providers. Do your research well before you sign up for a policy.
Q. Which are the listed critical illnesses that provide an additional 10% payout?
A. The critical illnesses that provide additional 10% payout are listed below and differ for men and women:
- Prostate cancer.
- Colon cancer.
- Liver cancer.
- Testicular cancer.
- Nasal cancer.
- Cervix cancer.
- Fallopian tubes’ cancer.
- Uterus cancer.
- Ovarian cancer.
- Breast cancer.
Q. What should I do to receive the claims settlement via e-payment?
A. You must register for the e-payment facility without having to pay any charges. All you have to do is to fill up the ePayment Authorisation Form and submit a couple of supporting documents:
- A copy of NRIC, passport, or other identification documents.
- Bank account statement, account passbook, or a letter from your bank confirming your account details.
Q. Are the fees and charges for a takaful product higher than that of an insurance policy?
A. No. The fees and charges for a takaful product and an insurance policy remain the same in majority cases. For example, you can consider Max PA insurance and Max PA takaful product, you are supposed to pay the following fees and charges:
|Commission to the agent||25% of the gross premium.|
|SST||6% of the premium.|
Q. Is there a limitation on the number of roadside assistance service covered by the Inconvenience Benefit Personal Accident policy?
A. The costs of services, such as emergency towing and minor roadside repair are covered up to 3 events per year. The cost of these events is borne by Asia Assistance Network.
Q. When should I submit a claim application in the case of a motor insurance?
A. You have to submit the application for own damage, no-fault own damage, and theft claims within 7 days from the date of accident/loss if you are not physically injured or hospitalised.
If you are injured or hospitalised, you can submit the claims application within a period of 30 days or as soon as possible.
In all other cases, you must submit the application as soon as possible.