RHB Travel Insurance offers a comprehensive plan that will take care of all your travel needs while you are on vacation with your loved ones. Read through this guide to know more about this insurance policy.
List of RHB Travel Insurance Coverage Plans
- Travel Protector Plus Insurance: This is a Personal Accident Plan that will compensate you for accidental death, physical Injury or Illness as well as any travel Inconveniences during your trip. This plan is available for Domestic, Inbound and Overseas travelling. This product is designed for you as an individual, your spouse and your family.
- Annual Travel Protector: This is a travel Insurance plan that provides compensation for death caused due to an accident, injury, illness as well as travel inconveniences during your trip. This plan is available for Malaysia and overseas traveling. You can also buy this plan for your children aged 31 days as well as adults up to the age of 80 years. If your flight is overbooked, you can get a compensation of RM500 every 4 hours until you board the next available flight. This plan has two variants namely Plan Advance and Plan Supreme.
Benefits of RHB Travel Insurance:
- This policy provides round the clock travel assistance all throughout your travel period.
- Get a reimbursement for the expenses incurred in case of emergency medical evacuation.
- This policy takes care of all your outstanding credit card expenses during your trip in the unfortunate event of accidental death or permanent disability.
- Annual Travel Protector: All Malaysians, permanent residents, valid work permit holders whose age is between 31 days to 80 years can apply for this policy.
- Travel Protector Plus: All Malaysians, permanent residents, valid work permit holders aged between 19 and 80 years. Dependent children aged between 15 days and 19 years, or up to 23 years can apply.
RHB Travel insurance for Foreigners
This policy is available for foreigners as well.
RHB Travel Insurance Exclusions
The following are not included in this policy:
- Suicide or any self-inflicted injuries
- Engaging in professional sports
- Unlawful activity
- Fits and Hernia
- Venereal disease
- Crew members of an aircraft
- Any complications relating to childbirth, pregnancy and miscarriage
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) or AIDS Related Complex (ARC)
How Do You Buy RHB Travel Insurance
Buy this policy online via RHB website. Get a quote by filling in relevant details before buying a policy.
The following documents are required to be produced for all claims:
- Duly-filled Claim Form
- Airlines Ticket/Boarding Pass
- Insurance Certificate
Here is a list of documents for specific claims.
For Personal Accident
- Police Report
- Post Mortem Report
- Death Certificate
- Medical report from the attending doctor overseas
For Medical Expenses and Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Medical Report
- Medical invoices for the amount claimed
- Original receipts or the actual amount claimed for the cost of cremation, burial or transporting the mortal remains
- Receipts for any additional expenses claimed for additional travel/accommodation
For Hospital Allowance
- A written confirmation showing the date of admission to the hospital and the date of discharge
For Personal Money and Documents
- Police report showing a list of all the items stolen and the place of occurrence or details of the incident
- Receipts (original) showing additional costs incurred to replace lost travel documents
For Baggage and Personal Effects
- Police Report detailing the incident, and the list of all the items stolen
- Receipts of all the items claimed. (If unavailable, provide description)
For Baggage/Luggage Delay
- Receipts and detailed description of all the items you bought
- Written confirmation from the carrier citing the duration of the delay and the reason for the same
For Travel Delay
- Written confirmation from the carrier citing the duration of the delay
For the Loss of Deposit or Cancellation Cover
- Medical Report/Death Certificate depending upon the specific case
- Original bills showing the payments made for the trip
- The tour operator’s booking and cancellation invoices
For Overbooked Flight
- Written confirmation from the carrier confirming the overbooked flight details along with the next available alternative details
For Missed Departure
- Receipts showing expenses claimed for additional accommodation/travel
- A written confirmation from the concerned public transport services
- Written confirmation from the carrier confirming the same
For Travel Curtailment
- Doctor’s prescription stating the reason for emergency return
- In the event of a hijack/natural disaster, a written confirmation of the tour operator stating the reason
- Boarding Pass
How to Claim RHB Travel Insurance
- Notify RHB immediately of any incident.
- Fill up the claim form and submit it with the necessary documents to process your claim.
- Medical Assistance: +603-7965 3833
- Customer Relationship Centre: 1300-220-007
- Claims: +603-2180 3030
- Email: [email protected]
Q. Can I buy the Travel Protector Plus Insurance for my children?
A. Yes. You can buy this plan for your children. The minimum age criteria is 15 days and the maximum is up to 19 years. You can extend it up to 23 years if they are still studying or unmarried.
Q. How can I cancel my policy?
A. In order to cancel this policy, you need to give a written notification to RHB. The cancellation will be effective on the date RHB receives your notification.
Q. Will I get my refund upon cancellation of the policy?
A. No. You will not get any premium refund upon the cancellation of your cover.
Q. What is the amount that I get for personal accident and permanent disability coverage per trip under the Advance Plan?
A. You can get up to RM250,000 for both accidental death and permanent disability.
Q. Are there any fees and charges that I have to pay for Travel Protector Plus Insurance?
A. Yes. You will have to pay RM10 for stamp duty and 25% of the premium as commission to the RHB agent.
Q. I am currently living abroad and do not have any insurance. Am I still eligible to buy this policy?
A. No. You can only buy this policy 3 days prior to your departure from Malaysia.
Q. Can I claim insurance if I lose my laptop while travelling?
A. Yes. If you have purchased Plan Advance, then you can get RM1,000. If you have bought Plan Supreme, then you can get RM2,000.
Q. I am keen to get more information on RHB products. How can I get that?
A. You can contact RHB Insurance Berhad in the following address: Level 12B, West Wing, The Icon No 1, Jalan 1/68F, Jalan Tun Razak 55000 Kuala Lumpur
Contact RHB for any information related to travel insurance. Get an insurance quote first, based on your trip and destination. Buy a suitable policy that will meet all your needs while traveling.