Sun Life Malaysia offers both term life assurance and term takaful policies to its customers. Choose the plan that fits your requirements the best. These policies provide coverage that is not limited to death and Total and Permanent Disability (TPD).
Types of Sun Life Malaysia Term Assurance Policies
- Sun eSsential-i: Get protection with this surplus sharing takaful plan at as low as RM0.16 per day. The protection follows you up to an age of 80 years. Enrol for the policy online in a hassle-free way. The plan is renewable every year.
- Sun eSsential Life: This is a yearly renewable scheme. The scheme provides a lump sum on death/TPD. Also, get 100% of the basic sum assured in case of death/TPD due to specified infectious diseases.
- Sun Wealth Protect-i: This is a 6-in-1 term plan that covers death, TPD, critical illness, accidental death/TPD, accidental death/TPD while travelling in public conveyance services or death/TPD due to specified infectious diseases (SID).
Features and Benefits of Sun Life Malaysia Term Assurance
- Get death benefit.
- Get benefit in the case of TPD before the age of 65 years.
- Benefits are offered in the case of death or TPD due to SID.
Sun Life Malaysia Term Assurance Coverages
|Plan||Primary Coverage||Coverage Period||Protection Level|
|Sun eSsential-i||Death, TPD, and death/TPD due to SID.||Up to an age of 80 years.||RM50,000 to RM500,000.|
|Sun eSsential Life||Death, TPD, and death/TPD due to SID.||Up to an age of 80 years.||RM50,000 to RM500,000.|
|Sun Wealth Protect-i||Death, critical illness, and death due to SID.||Up to an age of 70 years.||RM100,000 to RM500,000.|
|TPD, accidental death/TPD, TPD due to SID, and accidental death/TPD while travelling in public conveyance services.||Up to an age of 65.|
Sun eSsential-i and Sun eSsential Life:
- Malaysian citizens.
- Permanent residents of Malaysia.
- Entry Age:
- 18 years to 59 years.
- Others: For healthy individuals only.
Sun Wealth Protect-i:
- Entry Age: 18 years to 64 years.
Sun Life Malaysia Term Assurance for Foreigners
Currently, Sun Life Malaysia does not offer term assurance policies to foreigners.
Sun Life Malaysia Term Assurance Claims
Step 1: Notify the insurance company regarding the nature and details of the claim via the online form available on the official website.
Step 2: Attach the supporting documents.
Step 3: Claim application will be processed within 14 days from the date of application submission.
- A copy of the deceased’s MyKad.
- A copy of the claimant’s MyKad.
- Original policy document.
- Proof of relationship between the deceased and the claimant.
- Medical report.
- Police report in case of an accident.
- In case of death:
- Death claim form.
- A true copy of the death certificate.
- A true copy of the burial permit.
- In case of TPD:
- TPD claim form.
- Medical examination reports.
- A true copy of the SOCSO’s report.
- Contact the Customer Careline at the number 1300-88-5055.
- Send an email to [email protected].
- Use the Enquiry Form to send your feedback/inquiries about the products/services online. The form is available on Sun Life Malaysia’s website.
- Visit the head office at the address:
Level 11, 338 Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman,
50100 Kuala Lumpur,
Telephone: 603-2612 3600.
Fax: 603-2698 7035
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
How to Cancel Sun Life Malaysia Term Assurance Policy
- Submit a written cancellation request to Sun Life Malaysia.
- Your cancellation request will be processed by the insurance company staff.
Get protection from death or TPD caused due to SID in addition to the death and TPD benefits as provided by the other term assurance plans. Also, individual term plans offered by Sun Life Malaysia provides a cover for a few other events such as critical illnesses and death/TPD caused while in public conveyance.
Q. Should I go through a medical examination to buy the term assurance policy?
A. No. Just answer a few health-related questions honestly while filling up the application form. You don’t have to go through any medical examination.
Q. What are the specified infectious diseases covered under Sun Wealth Protect-i?
A. The specified infectious diseases covered under Sun Wealth Protect-i are:
- Avian Influenza.
- Chikungunya Fever.
- Dengue Fever.
- Japanese Encephalitis.
- Zika Virus.
Q. What happens if I am unable to make the premium payment within the specified due date?
A. If you don’t make the premium payment within the specified due date, then you can make the payment within the next 30 days i.e., the grace period. If you fail to pay within the grace period, then the plan will lapse and you will not get any cash value.
Q. How long does it take for the claim amount to reflect in my bank account?
A. The claim amount will be instantly transferred to your bank account on claim approval. The timeframe depends on the workflow of your bank.
Q. Will I get the coverage if the death happens in a foreign country?
A. Yes. You have to provide the necessary documents such as travel permit certificate, a copy of death certificate, and the letter of confirmation of death certified by National Registration Department (JPN). You can then get the benefit of death claim.