With Syarikat Takaful Malaysia, you can get a protection cover for personal accident, vehicle, mortgage and medical expenses. Syarikat Takaful also provides travel insurance to keep your trip covered in case of any unexpected events. Check out this guide to know what events the policy covers, and how you can travel without worries.
List of Takaful Travel Insurance Coverage Plans
- Takaful myTravel Partner: myTravel plan is an annual cover that provides you with an unlimited number of trips throughout the validity of the plan. Both business and leisure travel are covered by the plan. This plan offers services such as an emergency interpreter, flight information, global weather and foreign exchange information. The cover for accident is up to RM300,000.
- Takaful myUmrah: This plan covers accidental death and disability during your Umrah trip. Unlike other plans, myUmrah covers the treatment expenses for pre-existing medical condition treatment for any illness/injury arising during the travel. You can get trip curtailment and compassionate allowance with this plan.
Benefits of Takaful Travel Insurance in Malaysia:
- This policy covers accidental death and disability.
- Get medical and hospitalisation expenses coverage.
- This policy provides 24-hour emergency assistance.
- Get emergency evacuation and repatriation facilities.
- Get additional cover for any travel inconveniences.
- This policy is an annual plan, and covers unlimited trips.
- Malaysian citizens
- Permanent residents of Malaysia
- Individuals with valid work permit or employment pass
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Maximum age is 79 years
Takaful Travel Insurance for Foreigners
Takaful Travel Insurance offers this insurance policy to foreigners.
Takaful Travel Insurance Exclusions
The major exclusions from the policy are:
- Pre-existing medical ailments (for myTravel Partner)
- Traveling against the doctor’s advice
- Playing risky or professional sports
- Loss or damages caused by alcohol or drug Intoxication
- Diseases caused by exposure to radioactive or nuclear radiations
- Wars and riots
- Suicide and self-inflicted injuries
How Do You Buy Takaful Travel Insurance
Visit the nearest Syarikat Takaful branch office to express your interest in purchasing the travel insurance policy.
You may have to submit the following documents to submit a claim:
- Duly-filled claims form
- Copy of police complaint
- Death certificate, in case of death
- Medical certificate from an established doctor, in case of permanent disability or illness
- Copy of purchase receipt of the item(s), in case of theft
- Photographs of the damage caused, in case of any accident
- If you have lost money, provide proof to show the amount you have lost using bank statements and purchase receipts
How to Claim Takaful Travel Insurance
- Notify the insurer on the details of the event by either sending an email or making a phone call.
- Take help of police to handle the event and prevent further damage.
- Get the claims form from the insurer’s website.
- Fill the claims form, and attach all supporting documents with it.
- Submit the form and documentation to Syarikat Takaful branch as soon as you return to Malaysia.
- Hotline Number: +603 – 7628 3905
- General:1-300 88 252 385
Q. How can I cancel my policy?
A. You can provide a written notice of cancellation of the policy at any time.
Q. Upon cancellation, how much money will be refunded?
A. You will not receive any refund upon cancelling your policy.
Q. In the event of a claim, by when should I submit all necessary documents?
A. You must submit all the necessary documents within 30 days from the date of your return to Malaysia.
Q. What percentage of the premium is considered for Wakalah fees?
A. Takaful Malaysia considers 60% of the paid premium for Wakalah fees. In detail, 25% of the premium is the commission and the remaining 35% of the premium is debited for other expenses.
Q. What are the available premium payment modes?
A. You can pay the premium using any of the following methods:
- Auto-debit your premium from your savings or current account
- Internet banking
- Set a standing instruction on your credit card
- Manually debit your premium amount from savings or current account
- JomPAY via Internet banking or Mobile banking
- Pay at the counter by cash, cheque or credit/debit card
Travel insurance is quite helpful especially when you are travelling abroad with your family. It will be hugely beneficial during any emergency or critical circumstances. Compare quotes before you purchase a policy.