Tokio Marine offers three types of car insurance, comprehensive, third party and third party fire and theft cover. These plans offer adequate protection for your car and you. You can even opt for additional covers to enhance your protection.
List of Tokio Marine Car Insurance Cover Plans
- Third-Party Cover: It offers you unlimited cover for physical injury or death caused to a third-party due to an accident. It also covers damage and loss caused to a third-party’s property up to RM3 million.
- Third-Party, Fire and Theft Cover: It offers unlimited cover for a third-party’s physical injury and death along with cover for loss and damage to their property of up to RM3 million. You also are covered for loss and damage caused to your own motor vehicle due to lightning, fire, explosion and theft.
- Comprehensive Cover:This type of policy covers loss and damage to your own vehicle due to accidental collision, overturning, falling objects, malicious act. It also gives unlimited cover for death or physical injuries caused to a third-party, and up to RM3 million cover for loss or damage caused to a third-party’s vehicle.
Benefits of Tokio Marine Car Insurance
- Get cover for accidental or fire related damage to your car as well as for theft of your vehicle.
- Get cover for liability caused to a third-party such as death, injury or damage caused to their vehicle.
- Attach various add-on covers to your policy, such as Auto Partner, DriveSafe PA Partner and Major Motor Medical.
- Get additional cover for damages caused by natural calamities such as floods, landslides and storms.
- Get access to extra options such as windscreen cover, additional named driver, SRCC (Strike, Riot and Civil Commotion) and legal liability of passengers.
Tokio Marine Car Insurance Premium Calculator
Use the online calculator that is available on the Tokio Marine website which will provide you a quote for your payable premium. Key in valid information regarding your car details and your details. Choose a cover and additional riders to get a quote.
Tokio Marine Car Insurance Exclusions
The major exclusions are:
- Your own death or bodily injury due to a car accident
- Your liability against the claims from passengers in your vehicle
- Loss or damage caused due to natural calamities such as floods, storms and landslide.
You can find a list of all exclusions on your policy contract. However, you can get cover for some of these exclusions by adding optional riders. You have to pay additional premium to get increased protection.
How To a Buy Tokio Marine Car Insurance Policy
Fill up an online form available on the provider’s website. Click on “Record Your Interest” and fill in the required details about the car insurance cover you are looking for. On submitting the form, the official representatives will contact you to assist you with this process.
- Completed claim form
- Copy of the police report (if applicable)
- Copy of the driver’s identity card
- Copy of your driving licence
- Copy of the car registration receipt (both sides)
- Copy of the road tax receipt
- An estimate of repairs
- Any other document as specified by the insurance provider
How to Claim Tokio Marine Car Insurance
You can report your claim online through the website. Click on “Report a Claim” and choose the type of the claim.
You can download a claim form from the website. Visit your nearest Tokio Marine branch and submit the claim form.
Keep in Mind:
- You have to notify the loss or damage of your vehicle immediately after an accident.
- You should post/fax a letter to the insurance provider stating the details about the incident/accident, estimated loss, and your contact details.
- You must report to police and other relevant authorities about the accident.
- You also need to submit all mandatory documents along with your claim form.
You can also check the status of your claim on the website.
Renew Tokio Marine Car Insurance Policy
Visit your nearest branch of Tokio Marine to renew your policy. A representative will assist you with this process as well as answer any queries about your insurance policy.
General Queries: 1800-88 0812
Claims: 03-2783 8383
Queries on Claims: 03-2053 5800
Q. How can I find a workshop if my car needs repairs due to an accident?
A. You can find a list of approved workshops on the Tokio Marine website. Click on “workshop locating tool” to get the addresses. You can also call the Auto Partner Helpline on 03-2053 5800 for any assistance.
Q. Whom should I contact for Tow Truck Services?
A. Call 1800 88 1301 (toll free) for assistance related to tow truck services.
Q. What will happen if I don’t report an accident?
A. If you do not report an accident:
- You may lose out on all or partial part of your No Claim Discount.
- Your claim plea for that particular accident may be denied.
Q. Do I have to pay any excess to make a claim?
A. Yes. You have to pay an additional excess of RM400 if your car was driven by driver not named on your policy. This excess also applies if the named driver is less than 21 years old, holds a provisional license or holds a driving license for less than 2 years.
Q. What details should I disclose to get a policy?
A. You must disclose all details pertaining to the price of your car, modifications, driving history, previous accidents and any other information required by the provider.
Importance of Car Insurance
Car insurance is compulsory for all cars licensed to run on public roads. Car insurance protects you and your vehicle for various damages and loss occured while driving. It even protects third-parties who may face loss or damages. Get your car insured adequately to ensure a safe driving experience.