Tokio Marine offers 7 different life insurance plans that can cover all of your insurance needs. You can protect yourself and your families with these schemes. You can choose the tenure and coverage based on your preference and needs. Read on to learn more about each of these plans
Tokio Marine Life Insurance Plans
|Plan Name||Main Coverage||Coverage Period||Add-On Coverage|
|Tokio Marine-Legacy||Death, and Total and Permanent Disability||-||Yes|
|Tokio Marine-LifeTreasure||Death, and Total and Permanent Disability||Up to 99 years of age (next birthday)||No|
|Tokio Marine-iLifeSecure||Death, and Total and Permanent Disability||Up to 99 years of age (next birthday)||Yes|
|Tokio Marine-iFlexSecure||Death, and Total and Permanent Disability||30-year term: Up to 85 years of age (next birthday) 25-year term: Up to 90 years of age (next birthday)||Yes|
|Tokio Marine-iBig||Death, and Total and Permanent Disability||Up to 100 years of age (next birthday)||Yes|
|Convertible Term Assurance||Death, and Total and Permanent Disability||-||No|
|Tokio Marine-StarterPack||Death, and Total and Permanent Disability||Up to 60 years of age (next birthday)||No|
This plan is a whole-life policy that covers in the event of death, and total and permanent disability. The premium is guaranteed and will remain the same throughout the tenure. This plan is suitable if you are looking for a protection scheme with maturity benefit.
This plan is a traditional whole-life policy that covers in the event of accidental and non-accidental death. The premium is guaranteed and fixed for the entire tenure. This plan is suitable if you are looking for a whole life insurance scheme.
This plan is a regular investment-linked policy that provides whole-life protection as well as returns on investments. You can take this policy even for an unborn child. This plan is suitable if you are looking for a regular protection scheme with potential investment returns.
This plan is a regular investment-linked policy that covers in the event of death, and total and permanent disability. You can customise this policy by choosing your preferred coverage term and payment period. This plan is suitable if you are looking for a regular protection scheme with investment returns and a shorter payment term.
This plan is a limited pay investment-linked policy that offers whole-life coverage up to age 100. You can enjoy an increase in the basic sum assured every 5 years subject to no claims. This plan is suitable if you are looking for a regular protection scheme with flexible payment term and investment returns.
Convertible Term Assurance
This plan is a traditional non-participating policy that provides cover in the event of death, and total and permanent disability. You can convert this policy into an endowment plan or whole-life plan without any need of medical evidence. This plan is suitable if you are looking for a convertible protection scheme at a low cost.
This plan is a life insurance policy that provides cover in the event of death, and total and permanent disability. The sum assured will be paid as one lump sum in the event of death. This plan is suitable if you are looking for an affordable life insurance policy with cover for death.
Benefits of Tokio Marine Life Insurance
- Get cover in the event of death, and total and permanent disability.
- Add optional drivers to enhance the coverage and sum assured.
- Choose an investment-linked plan to earn returns on your investments.
- Enjoy flexible and short premium payment periods.
- Buy a policy even for an unborn child.
- Customise the policy with your preferred term and payment period.
How to Claim
- File a claim through the Tokio Marine website.
- Login under “Life Insurance eServices”.
- Click on e-Claims via the e-claims menu.
- Select the type of claim (new claim, appeal, or query reply) you wish to submit.
- Follow the mentioned steps to complete the submission.
- You will receive a receipt acknowledgment through email, SMS, or screen message.
- View the submitted claim details via “Submission Log”.
- Age: 45 years to 75 years (next birthday)
- Age: 30 days to 70 years (next birthday) (unborn child as early as 12 weeks of pregnancy)
- Age: 30 days to 65 years (next birthday)
- Age: 18 years to 70 years (next birthday)
- Age: 18 years to 55 years (next birthday)
Required Documents for Claims
- Death Claim Form
- Death Certificate
- NRIC of the deceased
- NRIC of the claimant
- Claimant's proof of relationship with deceased (birth certificate /marriage certificate)
- Statement from doctor (if policy in-force for less than 5 continuous years)
- Police Investigation Report (if death due to accident/ murder/suicide)
- Toxicology Report (if death due to accident/ murder/suicide)
- Post Mortem Report (if death due to accident/ murder/suicide)
- Grant of Probate or Letter of Administration (if no one nominated on the policy)
Death Occurred Overseas
- Foreign Death Certificate or a letter certified by the Malaysian Embassy in overseas
- Certified copy of letter of confirmation of death by JPN
- Import or Export Permit Certificate
- Permit for coffin or transportation of the remains of the deceased issued by the Jabatan Kesihatan Malaysia
Total and Permanent Disability Claims
- Claim Form completed by claimant
- Confidential Medical Certificate on TPD (completed by attending physician)
- NRIC of the Life Assured
- NRIC of the claimant
- Termination Letter
- SOCSO settlement letter
- Jemaah doctor PERKESO medical report
- Claim Form completed by claimant
- Statement of the attending physician
- Any receipts and itemised bills for reimbursement
- Medical leave certificate or the employer's confirmation letter on period of medical leave
- Police Investigation Report
- Photograph of any dismemberment
- Claims settlement letter from SOCSO or PERKESO
- Claims settlement letter from the employer or other insurance company
The varied plans offered by Tokio Marine give you the freedom to choose a plan based on your needs. You can customise the plans to suit your budget. Compare quotes before purchasing any plan to know the approximate premium amount. Get your life and your family’s protected against any harm.
Q. What is the premium that I need to pay if I purchase a policy?
A. The premium will be calculated on multiple factors, such as your age, chosen plan, basic sum assured, and tenure. It would vary from case to case. You can take a quote before you purchase a policy.
Q. Can I add optional drivers to these plans?
A. Not all plans have an option of additional drivers. Some plans allow for it, and you can add them if your purchased plan allows that option.
Q. What are the different available funds for investment linked policies?
A. The available funds for investment-linked policies are:
- Tokio Marine-Managed Fund
- Tokio Marine-Enterprise Fund
- Tokio Marine-Dana Ikhtiar
- Tokio Marine-Luxury Fund
- Tokio Marine-Bond Fund
- Tokio Marine-Orient Fund
Q. What are the fees and charges involved with the investment-linked policies?
A. The fees and charges normally associated with investment-linked policies are as follows.
- Policy Fee: RM6 (deducted each month from the fund value)
- Fund Management Fee: 1% p.a. to 1.5% p.a. of your fund assets (based on your choice of funds)
- Insurance Charges: Would vary based on age, gender, occupation, habits, and health condition
- Fund Switching Fee: Not applicable
Q. Am I eligible for tax relief for the premium paid on life insurance policies?
A. Yes. You would be eligible for a tax relief on your paid premium every year. This is subject to the approval of the Inland Revenue Board in Malaysia.
Q. How can I purchase a policy?
A. You can purchase a policy in 3 different ways. They are:
- Visit your nearest branch and purchase a policy.
- Register your interest by submitting your contact details to Tokio Marine.
- Call the Tokio Marine customer service line to purchase a policy.