Tokio Marine Insurance Group provides travel insurance under five different plans. These plans will cover your trips whether you travel alone or with family. You can choose between short-term and long-term plans.
List of Tokio Marine Travel Insurance Plans:
- Travel Partner – A comprehensive cover that includes plans for individuals and family.
- Domestic Travel Partner – This cover is for trips within Malaysia. It includes plans for individuals and family.
- Annual Travel Partner – A comprehensive cover that will cover you for trips worldwide.
- Traveler’s Personal Accident – A policy that will cover you for accidental bodily injury.
- Golfer Insurance – A policy that will cover you for loss or damage why playing golf at any recognized golf club or course in the world, except in Canada and USA.
Benefits of Tokio Marine Travel Insurance:
- Some plans include total cover for death and permanent disability.
- Get cover for medical and other expenses.
- Choose between individual and family schemes on some plans.
- Take up a comprehensive plan that covers terrorism.
- Get protection for accidental body injury on short-term journeys.
- Travel Partner
- Age Limit: Between 30 days and 80 years.
- Domestic Travel Partner
- Age Limit: Between 30 days and 80 years.
- Annual Travel Partner
- Age Limit: Between 18 years and 70 years.
- Traveler’s Personal Accident
- Age Limit: 2 years to 70 years.
- Golfer Insurance
- Age Limit: Between 16 to 65 years.
Tokio Marine Travel Insurance for Foreigners
Foreigners can purchase insurance policies as long as they are legally employed in Malaysia.
Tokio Marine Travel Insurance Exclusions
Major exclusions would include:
- Any war and related risks that includes any riot or civil commotion.
- Any accident caused by radioactive and nuclear material.
- Suicide or attempted suicide.
- Any activity or occupation involving manual labour.
- Pregnancy, miscarriage, childbirth or any other complications related to it.
- Use of any intoxicating liquor or drug that is not prescribed by a registered medical practitioner.
- Any criminal acts.
- Travelling despite being advised not to, by a registered medical practitioner.
- Travelling specifically to obtain medical treatment.
How to Buy Tokio Marine Travel Insurance?
- Call customer service line to purchase a policy.
- Complete and submit an online enquiry form.
- Download an application form and complete it with relevant details. Submit the form along with relevant documents to buy a policy online.
The basic documents required to file a claim are:
- Completed Travel Claim form (incomplete forms will delay the claim process)
- Insurance Certificate and Proposal Form (Original)
- Used Air Ticket/e-ticket and Boarding Passes (Original)
- Flight Booking Itinerary
There are other mandatory documents for specific claims. The list of required documents for each claim is available on the company website.
How to Claim Tokio Marine Travel Insurance?
- Report the loss or damage to Tokio Marine within 30 days from the date of occurrence. Either call or write to notify the claim. Include mandatory details such as your certificate number, date of loss, and the type of loss/claim.
- Report the incident, loss or damage to the police within 24 hours for theft/loss of personal money, travel documents, personal luggage, and/or any accident.
- Complete and submit a claim form along with mandatory documents.
- Customer Service: 03 2026 9808 & 03 2783 8383
- Travel Assist Service: 03 7628 3877 & 03 7841 5770 (For medical assistance)
Q. Who all can take up this travel insurance?
A. This travel insurance is applicable for Malaysians, permanent residents, work permit holders, employment pass holders and all those legally employed in Malaysia.
Q. Can expats take up policies for family members?
A. Yes. As long as they are legally employed in Malaysia, expats can take up travel insurance family plans for their legal spouse and children.
Q. Can I cancel my policy if required?
A. Yes. You can cancel your policy by submitting a written notice. However, you may or may not receive a refund. Refunds are allowed only on some plans. If you have made a claim, then you won’t get any refund on any plan even if you cancel your policy mid-term.
Q. What would be the average premium that I need to pay?
A. Your premium would be based on your destination, duration of cover and your choice of plan.
Q. What are the fees and charges for travel insurance?
A. Some fees and charges for this insurance would include Stamp Duty, GST and any commissions paid to insurance agents if applicable.
Q. Is there a limit for number of children under family plans?
A. No. You can include any number of fully dependent children aged between 30 days and 18 years.
Q. What would happen if I have more than one policy?
A. You can make a claim only on one policy. You are not allowed to make the same claim under more than one policy if it is in your name relating to the same trip and term of insurance.
Q. What happens if I do not pay my premium on time?
A. Your policy would be termed null and void if you do not pay your premium on time.
Tokio Marine offers 5 different travel plans to cater to your travel needs. Compare quotes based on your traveling pattern to choose a suitable plan for you and your family.