Life Cover, a term insurance plan offered by U for Life Sdn. Bhd. is underwritten by Tokio Marine Insurance Berhad. The term insurance policy offers cover in the event of death or Total and Permanent Disability (TPD). The plan gives protection against death and TPD occurred by both accidental and natural causes. Let’s find out more about the plan:
Type of U for Life Term Insurance Plan
- The term insurance plan provides cover to the family of an insured person on an accidental or a natural death, or total and permanent disability.
- Offers cover till the age of 65 years.
- Your premiums will increase as you get older.
Features and Benefits of U for Life Term Insurance
- Get a death cover of up to RM1 million.
- Get a TPD cover of up to RM1 million.
- Get double the decided cash lump sum (up to RM2 million) if the death is caused by an accident before the age of 65 years.
- Get an advance of 25% of your life cover with through critical illness advance payment option.Illnesses covered under this include, cancer, stroke, heart attack, or a heart bypass surgery.
U for Life Term Life Insurance Coverage
|Scheme Name||Primary Coverage||Coverage Tenure/Period||Protection Level|
|Life Cover||Up to RM1 million||Until 75 years of age (basic premium duration)||Up to RM1 million (you can get 2 times the benefit of up to RM2 million)|
- Age criteria:
- Minimum age: 18 years
- Maximum age: 59 years
U for Life Term Life Insurance for Foreigners
To buy this insurance product, you need to have a Malaysian NRIC number and a residential address (Malaysia). You can borrow this insurance plan if you reside in Malaysia, Singapore, UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, Ireland, Australia, Ireland, or Brunei.
U for Life Term Insurance Calculator
If you want to get a quotation on your insurance premium, you can visit the official website of U for Life. Here, you need to enter your personal information such as gender, birth date, annual income, and your smoking habits, to get an instant quote.
U for Life Term Insurance Claims
To claim your Life Cover insurance plan, you need to follow these steps:
- Report your claim via Life Insurance e-Services division from the Tokio Marine website (www.tokiomarine.com/my).
- Select your claim category - death or TPD.
- Fill in all necessary information and submit your claim.
- On successful e-claim submission, you will get an acknowledgement receipt.
- You can view your submission record on the website.
For death claim
- Death claim form
- Death certificate
- Deceased person’s NRIC
- Claimant's NRIC
- Claimant's proof of relationship with deceased (marriage certificate/birth certificate)
Supporting documents (whichever is applicable):
- Statement by doctor (necessary if policy is in-force for less than 5 continuous years)
- Police investigation report (for death occured because of accident, suicide, or murder)
- Toxicology report (death due to accident, suicide, or murder)
- Post mortem report (death due to accident, suicide, or murder)
- Letter of administration or grant of probate (necessary if no nomination was made under the policy)
Documents required if death occurred overseas:
- Foreign death certificate or letter certified by the Malaysian embassy overseas
- Certified copy of letter of confirmation of death by JPN
- Permit Certification for import/export
- Coffin permit or tranship the remains of a deceased person details as issued by the Jabatan Kesihatan Malaysia
For TPD claim
- Completed claim form
- Medical certificate of TPD (confidential and to be completed by attending physician)
- NRIC of insured person
- NRIC of the claimant
- Medical report
Supporting documents: (if applicable)
- SOCSO settlement letter
- Jemaah doktor PERKESO medical report
Telephone: +603 6143 8815; 03-2059 6188 Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.uforlife.com.my Postal Address: D4-G4-3A Solaris Dutamas No. 1 Jalan Dutamas 1 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
How to Cancel U for Life Term Insurance Policy
You can cancel your Life Cover plan by returning the policy within 15 days of receiving it via electronic delivery (email). In this case, you will get the refund for your premiums paid.
Life Cover is an insurance product that can secure the financial future of your family after your death. Consider this plan by U for Life and be entitled for double benefits in the event of accidental death.
Q. What are the exclusions made under this insurance plan?
A. Major exclusions under this policy include:
- Suicide within first year of the plan
- Accidental death or TPD occurred due to self-inflicted injury, civil war, strikes, etc. You can find out further details on through the official website.
Q. Does this plan provide any grace period?
A. A grace period of up to 30 days in provided after the applicable due date, to make your payments.
Q. Which critical illnesses are covered under this plan?
A. You can get a critical illness cover for 4 diseases that include, cancer, stroke, heart attack, and heart bypass surgery.
Q. Can I renew this policy after 75 years of age?
A. As a life assured, you are not eligible to renew the insurance plan when you attain the age of 75 years.
Q. How should I pay my policy premiums?
A. You can choose to pay your premiums monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, or annually.