Zurich Insurance Malaysia Berhad offers a number of insurance products to its customers. It also offers Z-Driver plan for your car, which comes with several add-on riders. Zurich Takaful also offers a similar plan called Z-Driver Takaful that is based on the Islamic concept of banking.
Let’s have a look at the features of Zurich car insurance and Takaful plans.
List of Zurich Car Insurance Cover Plans
- Third Party Cover: This plan covers death or injury caused to a third-party and damages caused to the other party’s vehicle.
- Third Party, Fire and Theft cover: Your liabilities to a third-party are covered under this scheme whereas your own car will also get protection for fire and theft.
- Comprehensive cover: This plan covers loss and damages to your car as well as your liability to a third-party due to an accident.
- Z-Driver Takaful
- Third Party Cover: This plan covers death or injury caused to a third-party as well as damages caused to the other party’s vehicle.
- Third Party, Fire and Theft cover: Your liabilities to a third-party are covered under this scheme whereas your own car will also get protection in the event of fire and theft.
- Comprehensive Cover: This plan covers loss and damages to your car as well as your liability to a third-party due to an accident.
Benefits of Zurich Car Insurance
- Get up to 10% discount on your premium based on your driving profile.
- Enjoy up to 20% discount on the voluntary excess.
- Obtain a flood damage cover up to RM5,000 for cleaning and towing services.
- Get a PA cover of up to RM175,000 per car to protect any passengers.
- Get a courtesy car in the event of theft or accident.
- Get access to a 24-hour Zurich Roadside Assistance Hotline.
- Nationality Criterion: Citizen of Malaysia.
- You should be a valid driving license holder.
- Any other criteria as described by the bank.
Zurich Car Insurance Premium Calculator
Calculate the payable premium/contribution of your Zurich car insurance through the Zurich website. Fill in the required information that includes your personal details, information about your vehicle, and sum insured. Submit the information to get a quote.
Zurich Car Insurance Policy Exclusions
The general exceptions are:
- Loss of liability due to a war or nuclear risk
- Loss or damage due to floods, storms, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and other natural calamities
- Claims involving an unauthorised driver
How to Buy Zurich Car Insurance
- Visit your nearest branch to buy a policy.
- Contact your nearest agent to buy a policy.
- A completed copy of claim form
- A copy of driving license
- A copy of identity card
- Vehicle registration card
- A police report
- Quotation for repairs
- Road tax receipt
- Any other document as mentioned by the insurance provider
How to Claim Zurich Car Insurance
- Call customer service or claims to notify a claim.
- Follow the procedure stated by the executive.
- Download a claim form from the Zurich website.
- Submit the claim from with relevant documents.
- Take your vehicle to your nearest Zurich authorised panel workshops.
Renew Zurich Car Insurance
- Walk-in to your nearest branch and fill a form to renew your policy.
- Customer Care: 1-300-888-622 (Zurich Insurance) & +603-6287 6666 (Zurich Takaful)
Q. Does this policy provide any personal accident protection plan?
A. Yes. The TAGPAC Plus provides protection of up to RM250,000. My Auto PAC offers death and permanent disability benefits along with medical and surgical treatment benefits.
Q. What is the age criterion to get My Auto PAC plan?
A. To get a My Auto PAC plan, an insured person should be minimum 5 years old and below 70 years of age.
Q. Who should I contact if I need roadside assistance?
A. For Zurich Roadside Assistance, you can call on 1-300-88-6222, which is a 24X7 active helpline. This helpline is applicable for Zurich Insurance as well as Zurich Takaful customers.
Q. Can my driving and claim history affect the amount of my premium?
A. Yes, your premium will be calculated based on your claims and driving record.
Q. Will I get a No Claim Discount (NCD) on my insurance policy?
A. Yes. If you have not made any claims, you will be entitled for a No Claim Discount.
Q. How much is the compulsory excess?
A. The compulsory excess is RM400. It is applicable if you or anyone driving your car is:
- Below 21 years old
- Holds a provisional or learner’s license
- Is not named as a driver on your policy
Q. What is the maximum time period to report a claim?
A. If you are not hospitalised or physically disabled, you will have to claim within 7 days of any incident. If you are hospitalised or physically disabled due to the incident, you have 30 days to make a motor insurance claim.
Q. What is the address for Zurich Takaful Head Office?
A. The address is:
Zurich Takaful Malaysia Berhad, 12th Floor, No. 566, Jalan Ipoh, 51200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Address any complaints or queries about motor insurance to Zurich. Ask for assistance regarding renewal or claims if required. Remember to renew your car insurance every year. Keep in mind the value of your vehicle before you buy or renew a policy.