A-Life Signature-i is an investment-linked insurance plan (ILIP) by AIA Malaysia which is designed to protect your family in case you are not there in their life anymore. If you sign up for this plan, your spouse and your child will have the privilege to join A-Life Signature-i PlusOne plan.
A-Life Signature-i PlusOne plan has the same features as A-Life Signature-i along with 10% reduction in premiums. It is also entitled for a Loyalty Bonus at the end of each certificate year.
Benefits of A-Life Signature-i and A-Life Signature-i PlusOne
Here is a list of features and benefits of A-Life Signature-i & A-Life Signature-i PlusOne:
- In an event of death while performing Hajj or Umrah your family will receive 200% of the sum covered.
- Both plans are Shariah-compliant.
- You can enhance your life insurance coverage by linking the critical illness cover to this plan.
- Your family will receive 100% of the sum assured in an event of death and Total and Permanent Disability (TPD).
- Your family will receive 200% of the sum assured in case of an accidental death and 300% the coverage sum if the accident occurs in a public transport.
- The plan pays 100% of the account value along with an extra 20% at the end of the coverage period.
- The policy allows you to select the coverage and payment terms as per your convenience (financial commitments).
- No medical check up is needed if the coverage amount is RM1.5 million and less.
- Coverage period of up to 70, 80, and 100 years of age.
You can buy the A-Life Signature-i and A-Life Signature-i PlusOne if your age is between 18 years and 70 years. However, keep in mind that TPD and accidental death are covered before the age of 70.
A-Life Signature-i and A-Life Signature-i PlusOne for Expats
Foreigners can sign up for A-Life Signature-i and A-Life Signature-i PlusOne plans.
A-Life Signature-i and A-Life Signature-i PlusOne Insurance Calculator
You can calculate the amount by filling up the required fields given in the official AIA website. Just enter your details like gender, date of birth, whether you are a smoker or not, annual income, fixed and variable expenses every year, and your existing insurance or Takaful coverage.
A-Life Signature-i and A-Life Signature-i PlusOne Insurance Claims
You need to submit your claim as soon as possible to the insurance company so that you get your money quickly. AIA offers eClaim - an online platform where you can submit all your claims. All you need to do is fill up the required fields, provide the supporting documents, and submit. Alternately, you can submit your claims in physical form as well.
Contact Number/ Customer care Number
You can call the customer care number at 1300-88-1899, if you need any clarification or require more information.
If you are an overseas customer, you can dial 603 2056 1111 to talk to the representative.
The AIA Public Takaful Berhad Number is 1300-88-8922.
How to Cancel A-Life Signature-i and A-Life Signature-i PlusOne Plan
In case you wish to cancel the policy, just fill up the Surrender Form. You can get the form from Customer Centres.
Q: When is the loyalty bonus paid?
A: The Loyalty Bonus is paid at the end of each certificate year.
Q: How many funds are available for A-Life Signature-i & A-Life Signature-i PlusOne?
A: A total of 17 funds are available for A-Life Signature-i & A-Life Signature-i PlusOne.
Q: What is the meaning of an investment-linked plan?
A: An investment-linked plan is one where the policy value depends on the performance of the chosen funds. Such plans combine insurance with protection.
Q: Can I switch funds? Are there any applicable charges for the same? A: Yes, you can switch your funds based on your requirements. The switching fee is currently free. However, AIA PUBLIC holds the right to revise the switching fee. A 3 months prior notice will be given to the certificate owners in such cases.
Q. Are there any Goods and Services Tax charges applicable?
A. Yes, GST will be charged at the usual rate on the fees and charges applicable to your certificate.