A-LifeLink-i is a Shariah-compliant takaful plan provided by AIA that helps you secure the lives of your family members. You can get this plan by investing just RM150 every month. This plan gives you the flexibility to change your protection cover based on your changing needs.
Benefits of A-LifeLink-i Insurance
- The policy can be bought through AIA Life Planner.
- This policy allows you to change your protection level as per your convenience.
- Death coverage till 100 years of age.
- TBD coverage till 70 years of age.
- Get Anniversary Bonus that increases your coverage by 1% every year.
- You can switch between funds and change your investment strategy as per your wish, with no extra cost.
- You get an additional cover for death or TBD if you sign up as an AIA Vitality member while purchasing the policy.
You can buy the A-LifeLink-i Insurance policy if you are between 16 years to 70 years of age.
A-LifeLink-i Insurance for Foreigners
The A-LifeLink-i insurance-linked investment plan is also available for foreigners/expats.
A-LifeLink-i Insurance Calculator
You can calculate the amount by filling up the required fields given in the AIA website. Just enter the details like your gender, date of birth, smoking preference, annual income, fixed and variable expenses per year and your existing insurance or Takaful coverage.
A-LifeLink-i Insurance Claims
You can download the claim form from the AIA website. You need to fill up the form, including the bank information because your approved claim amount will be sent to your bank account directly. Once completed, you must submit the claims form, along with the mandatory documents, to your AIA Life Planner.
It is advisable to submit your claim as soon as possible smooth processing so that you get the claim money fast.
You can call the customer care number given in the website, 1300-88-1899, if you need any clarification or require more information about any products.
If you are a foreign customer, you can dial 603 2056 1111 to talk to the representative.
How to Cancel A-LifeLink-i Insurance Policy
In case you wish to cancel the policy, just fill up the Surrender Form. You can get the form from the Customer Centres.
Q: Am I eligible for a tax relief if I invest in the A-LifeLink-i plan?
A: Yes, you are eligible for a personal tax relief of up to RM6,000 for annual life insurance and EPF. However, this is solely at Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia’s discretion.
Q: How many funds are available for the A-LifeLink-i plan?
A: There are three investment-linked funds available for this plan.
Q: Once I submit a claim, how can I track the status?
A: Once you submit a claim, it takes about 48 hours to reflect in the site. You can track the same by doing the following:
- Visit the AIA site (www.aia.com.my)
- Select ‘My AIA’.
- Log in to ‘My AIA’ with your credentials.
- Go to ‘My Claims’ and then to ‘Employee Claim’.
- Click ‘Claim Details’ to check the status.
Q: Do I have the option to submit my claim in physical form as well?
A: Yes, you can submit your claim in physical form apart from submitting through eClaims.
Q: What is the meaning of allocated contribution?
A: Allocated contribution is the sum that is used to buy the units of your preferred funds.