A-Plus Hajj is a Shariah-compliant unit deducting add-on plan that gives you coverage till the age of 80 years. A-Plus Hajj provides 100% coverage to you and your loved ones if you meet with unfortunate death or suffer from total and permanent disability (TPD) while performing the holy duties of Hajj or Umrah.
Benefits of A-Plus Hajj Plan
- The A-Plus Hajj plan provides 100% coverage in the event of your sudden death due to the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) virus during the holy pilgrimage or after returning from the same.
- The A-Plus Hajj plan helps you to grow your savings through Value Booster.
- You get a Badal Hajj benefit of RM5,000 in case you experience loss of life so that your family/loved ones can still go for Hajj pilgrimage even you are no longer there.
- The plan gives compassionate benefit if your spouse expires while performing the holy duties of Hajj or Umrah with you. You will get either 20% of your add-on coverage amount or RM10,000, whichever is higher.
- You get a 100% coverage in case of accidental death. The A-Plus Hajj plan will pay you double the amount is the accident happens while travelling in a public transport or if a deadly fire claims your life in a public building.
- You can purchase this policy through AIA Life Planner.
The A-Plus Hajj plan is available to individuals aged between 14 days old and 60 years.
A-Plus Hajj Plan for Foreigners
Malaysian expats can also buy the A-Plus Hajj plan if they wish to.
A-Plus Hajj Plan Calculator
If you are looking out for the ideal cover for you and your family, then the calculator in the AIA website will help you to figure out the amount you may need to keep aside in order to buy these riders. You can calculate the amount by filling up the required fields. Just enter the details like your gender, date of birth, smoking preferences or habits, your annual income, your fixed and variable expenses per year as well as your existing insurance or Takaful coverage.
A-Plus Hajj Plan Claims
There are two ways to submit your claims - in the physical form and through online submission.
- Physical Form - You can download the Claims form from the AIA website and duly fill it up. Attach the form with all the required documents and submit it to your Life Planner. You can also submit it at any of the Customer Centres.
- Online submission - Log into your account, go to ‘My Claims’ and then select the ‘Employee Claim’ page. Then the Claims form appears, where you need to fill up your details. Submit the same once complete.
If you have any questions regarding the A-Plus Hajj Plan rider, then you can contact the customer service number at 1300-88-1899.
If you are an overseas customer seeking clarifications, then you can contact the customer service number at 603 2056 1111.
You can fill up the ‘Contact Us’ form too. This form is available in the AIA website.
Alternatively, you can send your doubts or seek clarifications via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Cancel A-Plus Hajj Plan
If you wish to cancel the A-Plus Hajj plan, you can send a mail in the following address: Customer Servicing Department, Level 6, Wisma AIA, 99 Jalan Ampang.
50450 Kuala Lumpur.
On the other hand, if your policy has cash value, you need to fill up a Surrender Form. The form is available at the AIA Customer Centres.
You can also request for the form to be sent to you.
Q: What is the maximum and minimum coverage amount for the A-Plus Hajj plan?
A: The maximum coverage amount for A-Plus Hajj is RM1,000,000 while the minimum coverage amount is RM 10,000.
Q: How can I boost my savings with Value Booster?
A: Through Value Booster, you can enjoy scheduled benefits, which equals to 2% of the coverage amount for A-Plus Hajj every three years. This starts from the end of the third certificate year till the A-Plus plan matures.
Q: What are the fees and charges that I have to pay for the A-Plus Hajj plan?
A: You need not pay any fees and charges other than the Tabarru’ that is deducted from your account.
Q: When can I claim the MERS benefit?
A: You must be diagnosed of the presence of MERS virus in your body within 21 days of returning from the holy pilgrimage of Hajj or Umrah.
Q: What are the major exclusions for A-Plus Hajj?
A: The A-Plus Hajj plan do not cover any suicidal death, any TBD resulting from self-destruction or any pre-existing TBD diagnosed before the insured person attains 17 years of age, any pre-existing disability caused due to a mental condition etc.